South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 08:01 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default No Frustrations Friday - Sept. 22

It's also TGIF for some of us.

I just made a list of "niggles" that are frustrating me and plan to deal with some of them this morning. They are tiny things like phoning about getting new gutters, finally picking my basil, ironing a white silk blouse, etc. I find stuff like that really makes me feel stressed so just need to deal with it! If course, there's also the frustration of the scale not budging this week. Maybe by Monday?

Finished watching Braveheart last night. A good film, albeit rather bloody. Mel Gibson sure was great - too bad he's gone off his nut.

This morning I leave at 10:30 to work a Bingo for the Fair Board which kind of uses up my whole day. I'm usually outta there by 3:30 if the money balances. When I'm in town, I'll pop into the A&P and stock up on Laughing Cow Cheese. That stuff is so good and LF cream cheese just doesn't cut it.

Whoops! Hershey just informed me that her daughter has gone into heat and she's right! She will not be bred until at least next spring but this gives me an idea of the timing. June puppies unless we decide to wait another cycle. It's time to get out the Swiffer for spot cleanup. I know - TMI! Sorry.

Time to tackle the niggles and start cranking up my day. What's happening with you?
Old 09-22-2006, 08:53 AM   #2  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Morning Ruth!

Oh no! Puppy dogs in heat! Bow chicka wow wow!

Ok ok so that was my sad attempt at "sexy music." Can't say I've had the girl dog in heat problem.... but I do know that my male pit is always up for some action

I've been really bad about putting off chores this week since I just started SB.... I guess my mission for tonight is to find out why the computer / cat room stinks so much even after a through cleaning.

I'm feeling pretty good this morning Ruth (thanks for asking!) my abs are still tingling from working out this week... kind of wierd since I haven't felt them in such a long time. I gained a half a pound yesterday but I'm hoping its muscle. I'd like to be able to say I'm out of the 200s by Monday.... we'll have to see!

I tried the beligan waffles recipe and the PB cookie on from the forum. Daniel didn't care for the waffle recipe. I thought it was a little funky but I didn't have syrup either. The peanut butter cookies are to die for! I threw them in the freezer so I couldn't eat them all.

Anyone have any plans for the weekend?
Old 09-22-2006, 08:53 AM   #3  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning All - another cold start here in PA - but should get up to almost 70 today.

Looks like a nice weekend ahead of us too - in the hight 60's low 70's - I JUST LOVE FALL!!!!!

Hope you all are having a good day. Busy here at work, as usual, but that is fine by me. Other than that going to a dr apt w/ my dh today and that is about it. Still don't have enough nerve to step on the scale - like Ruth - maybe Monday.

Well must get going - hope you all have a sunny happy day!!!!

Rosalind
Old 09-22-2006, 09:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

"No Fustrations Friday????? I'm so fustrated right now that I could scream, but instead, I worked it out doing housework. Thought I'd have the morning off, and made a few plans, so I get home from Curves ....... there's a message on the machine from Cindy. Now Audrey is home sick with diarrhea. So here we go again. Cindy said she can stay with her until 10 at least, but there goes my morning.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:50 AM   #5  

Goooooood Morning Gals! Cawfee is a percolatin' (ok, it's the 2nd pot )

Ruth! The master of Niggles! I need a niggle helper!

Chellez: That sounded like a bad soundtrack from a 70's action flick!

RMT: I loooooove the fall tooooooo! The colors! The crisp morning air! Ahhhhhh!

Cottage: That is one nasty bug! I hope this is the last bout for the girls!

My home is a crack house. DH has been on vacay all week, and it has turned into a massive land hunt! No time to smite a dust bunny! I was the mighty huntress slogging through bramble and brush yesterday! What a work out. We found a piece of land (actually 2) that we liked...so home we came to play Private eyes.. one area is slated for 17 10 + acre home sites.. so we looked up the most recent appraisals for all the lots, for those that were sold, the selling price, researched the area, etc... The last thing to determine is if DSL will be available... If it's not that's a deal breaker! As DH works from home and needs that level of connectivity.. We were astounded to see the "mark up" from the appraisals to the asking prices of the lots... and some folks made good deals while others didnt do their research and paid way way tooo much for their lot... We then pulled topography maps to determine the lay of the land... Amazing what you can find out on the internet! Soooo, we are getting closer to buying a little piece of heaven... and then comes the fun part of building our own home!
Old 09-22-2006, 10:41 AM   #6  

Today we're supposed to be back up to 95. We've been enjoying the highs in the 80's but 95 isnt too bad. I'll want to put on shorts to go popcorn selling with Brian tonight which is a bit of a pain since the mosquitos are really bad right now (and we are having lots of cases of West Nile disease so we're trying to be careful).

I got interrupted by work. I'll try to post more later
Old 09-22-2006, 10:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Schatzi: Way to go finding a piece of land. I'm an appraiser, so I know the deal with the mark-ups!! We've got stuff around town where the asking price is sometimes double the appraisal. AND SOME PEOPLE PAY IT!!!

Cottage: Sorry about the sicky little one! Hope she feels better soon and that you get some time to yourself!!

Ruth: I love that LC Cheese also. Too bad it tastes so good, though. Hubby usually finishes it before I get a wedge!!

Well, it's Friday! I'm looking forward to getting out of work and going on a walk w/ hubby and the dogs. Then we'll hopefully have a QUIET evening at home with no interruptions ! Hubby got me out of babysitting my nephew tonight, but I feel a little guilty. My bro-in-law took two days off to go visit his wife (in prison---long story), which I understand. As a result, they docked his pay because he took all his vacation time already. So, he wants to take someone else's shift to make some comp time. I know, I know. I sound like a mean aunt. He had just gone to see her the weekend before as well!! The truth is, I've watched my nephew 6 times in the last 2 weeks, sometimes for his work, but mostly for pleasure, and every time BIL has been over two hours later than he said. I also had to take time off of work last week when nephew got sick in daycare (while BIL was at wal-mart---closest one is an hour away -- shopping for clothes---without telling me!!!) Now my sick time for the months of September and October is already in the negative! Should I still feel guilty?!?!?!

Oh well, clean slate tomorrow. We're going to visit hubby's best friend who just got a job about 1 1/2 hours away (that's close in our neck of the woods/desert). We're planning on bbq-ing and sitting on the porch, looking at the mountains!! Fun, fun!!!

Hope everyone's Friday feels like a Friday! TGIF for sure!!!

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 09-22-2006 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:04 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Ruth - I like that, think it's a great idea, make a list of annoyances and then tackle them one at a time.

Chellez - your attempt at sexy dog music was cute! teehee - yeah don't stress the little gains, if you're staying on track then there's no way it's fat

Rosalind - your weather sounds lovely!

Cottage - I am SO SORRY! Man it's time you get a break from the sick kiddos! That sucks! Hang in there

Schatzi - that is all SO exciting! Your own private little oasis, I'm getting excited for yoU!

Barb - Our weather pattern is the same, but I'm just grateful we're out of the 100s. Popcorn selling?

Kim - No guilt! Sounds like you have a relaxing weekend planned.

So ladies, I hopped on the scale this morning and the magical number was 143!!!! So freaking exciting, especially at the beginning of aunt Flow. that was my motivation to hit the gym as I didn't sleep very well last night - Planning on having some friends over and bought some snackies but gonna make sure to put out plenty of veggies in case the hungry monster attacks - Pretty excited that today is Friday - Not gonna move my ticker until the 143 is confirmed but that's only 8 pounds from my goal - YAAAAY!
Old 09-22-2006, 12:15 PM   #9  
beachbum

Hi Gals

Its coooooooooooooold!!!Up here hubby didn't want to put the heat up,but I happy its good sleeping weather. Got up around 7AM for two days in a row,where in the summer I get up around 6 when the birdys do the thing[singing].Now that they're heading south I can sleep in later.

Nothing new at my end, I did managed to walk along the beach even though is was windy.

Going to rehearse with my singing group this afternoon for our senior centers ice cream social next week.

Have a great day

Will post later
Hugs BB
Old 09-22-2006, 02:21 PM   #10  

sarah - Brian is a Cub scout and selling popcorn is their main fundraiser so we take it pretty seriously. It will take up pretty much all of our spare daylight hours for the rest of September and for October. Brian wants to equal what he sold last year so he can get the college scholarship again (and lots of cool prizes). Our pack gets one third of what is sold so it really does help us. The council gets another third and that pays for the Boy Scout camps.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:40 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Barb: Is it that the popcorn in the little clear cellophane bags? They have plain, cheddar, caramel, and the colored stuff? I used to love when the groups would sell the popcorn in high school. It was so good!!! (And didn't do any damage to my high school dance-team figure!) It is REALLY awesome that they give out scholarships! I wish our organizations did that (but they were all attached to the school districts, so we just got prizes!) I hope he does well!!!
Old 09-22-2006, 02:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Barb - Good luck to you and Brian!

So I am pretty proud of myself - Went to a free lunch at Truluck's just now (most amazing seafood ever), ate the salad, ordered the salmon, just ate thes salmon, didn't eat the mashed potatoes, didn't eat any bread - and then I treat myself to a small bite of each of the desserts they were offering - So I wasn't perfect but WAY MORE perfect than I might have been in earlier years - just had to share
Old 09-22-2006, 04:51 PM   #13  

Kim - It's mostly the metal tins with bags of popcorn in foil bags. I love the 5 way chocolate lovers the best but it is definitely not South Beach! We also have three different types of microwave popcorn. The scholarship is the hardest to get and isn't a lot but every bit will help when college comes around.
Closed Thread