Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 07-10-2006, 07:42 AM   #1  

Question Question for NS chicks

Morning All,

I am awaiting my NS food from QVC - eagerly! However, I have one question... I will still be cooking for the rest of my family...and am very afraid that I will find this difficult. How do you guys handle this? I know there is no magic answer, but I would be very grateful for the any advise that you can give!

Thanks so much!!!!

kim
caitybugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 11:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

One of my suggestions on how to make it easier, is to prepare your meals for your family and make them something that is "similar" to what your dinner entree is going to be that night. If you are eating the lasagna dinner entree for yourself tomorrow-then maybe plan on making lasagna for the family...and so forth. There are a lot of the entrees on NS that I am sure that you already have family recipes for something similar.

If you are eating a salad or a certain vegetable with your lunch or dinner entree-then make more, and have that as the same "side dish" that the rest of the family has as well...just cook their main course different from yours.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:13 PM   #3  

Default Bump

I have the same question. How do you find it having to prepare meals for your child/family while on NS? (Dinner is the only meal that concerns me.)

Part of the appeal of NS is not having to do much cooking but if I'm still going to have to cook for my child maybe another program would be better?? --One where you could prepare food you could also eat. Might it be feasible to do NS all day except for dinner - just making sure to eat a healthy dinner. (I don't think I'd try that right away after starting NS though.)
Maurene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 07:47 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 228/215/160

Height: 5 ft 5

Default hi there

My daughter doesn't eat foods that we eat anyway, so i don't have to worry about her. And my husband is eating frozen meals while i do NS.
Makes it a breeze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if you've checked out the nutrisystem bulletin board but it is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
campbellredhead is offline   Reply With Quote