Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-20-2006, 12:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: <a href="http://www.3fatchicks

Height: 5 foot and 4 inches

Default Hello to all...new here..

Hello I'm meme1983 and I am new to 3fc. I have been overweight for four years now. After I graduated from high school I slowly began losing my routine, and started sleeping till noon, eating junk food, and all that "good" stuff, and I started to gain. I didn't realize it at first. Until I had to start buying bigger sizes of clothes.
At 17 I was 130 pounds and alot of people said I was too thin so I thought it was ok when I went up to a size 12.Then I went up to a size 14 and I thought "I'm gaining weight I need to do something about this." But I had no idea what to do about it and then figured I would deal with it later.
Well........size 16 came and I started the adtkins diet, and got back down to a size 14. Then I fell of the bandwagon and was engaged soon after and the pounds started jumping on. We were engaged for 5 months the whole time he was in boot camp and core school in the navy. I planned our wedding myself, which was very stressful so i ate.........
Then the day after our wedding he was given orders to california so we had to pack my stuff up into our truck from my parents house and head to california. The longest I had ever been away from home was two weeks until then. So it was pretty stressfull moving halfway across the country for over a year with my new husband, away from my family, friends, and places and people I had known my whole life. very sad very stressfull.
We lived in an apartment in southern cali. on a very steep hill in a bad part of town so I didn't get much exercise, and we only had one vehicle and he had varying hours at work so I didn't get to do much but watch tv and eat. And I went all the way up to a size 20.
Then we moved to florida and I kept gaining and I kept trying to lose. And thats where I am now. It is slowly coming off now. But it IS coming off. I found something I like doing in the gym, (I hate the treadmill) I load up my mp3 player with fast paced music and go play racquet ball. I need to work on what I eat now. I stopped overeating wich I am proud of. But I need to eat healthier less fattening foods.
So now I started putting my "oh my gosh am I that big?!" pictures on my fridge. (Is that weird) I had pictures of Angelina Jolie, and other slim pretty chicks on there but that didn't work. Negative reinforcement seems to be working better with me. Haven't touched my H's icecream yet! My H isn't trying to lose weight so all his snack food and junk food is still in the house. So I divided shelves in the pantry the top shelf I must stay away from.(chips, cookies, cheese crackers, marshmallows etc.)
I'm in a size 20/18 now. depends on the brand. Most of my 20s and loose, so I have to roll them over so I'm not pulling them up constatly. (But I don't mind.) So thats my story, and I am just here for support and advice to give to recieve, and maybe a kick in the pants now and then to keep me on track!
meme1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:33 PM   #2  
Ivy135

S/C/G: 219/171/135

Height: 5"4

Hi, Meme I'm new as well with similar situation regarding sizes PS mind you they don't make sexy clothes for fat girls its so disgusting to go shopping all the clothes I like are size 8.......So besides the fact that I hate my body now I have two boys that I was slowly making overweight as well. I made a change I joined Physicians weight loss and am following the SBD. My first weigh-in is this Friday... I know I feel better and so do my boys exercise and healthy foods are only allowed at home. I also live in Florida (Miami).

Don't give up set a goal and stick to it...

my ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:43 PM   #3  

Thank you for the support! I know what you mean about the clothes!! Once I get to a size 9 I am going on a SHOPPING SPREE!! A Julia Roberts in pretty woman shopping spree!!! Thats great that you have done something to change for the better for yourself and also your sons. That can be motivation for you to stick with it in rough times. You can just tell yourself you are setting a positive role model for them so they are healthier and make better choices for themselves.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:58 PM   #4  
Ivy135

Hey, what else would be expected from this site than total support and encouragement....I'm here for you and all who needs advice I can help with.
No PHD just been A BIG GIRL for a long time and now Its time to kick the FAT to the curb . I cant wait to blossom into that woman that I know is still inside me just waiting to shine!!!!

Your Not Alone!!!

-Ivy

Old 09-20-2006, 01:31 PM   #5  
Gettin Fixed in 2006

S/C/G: 163/152/125

Height: 5'3"

I'm a newbie, also, and I'm here seeking support too! Great that you've started to get into this for your boys, too! I think it's vital to set an example of healthy eating and exercise for my children too!
Let me know if there's anything I can help you with, and be sure to share any tips and advice!
uponthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:40 PM   #6  
Ivy135

My best advice is plenty of water no junk food at home! means no temptations clean out pantry and fridge Is Best bet only buy lean and fat free food products plenty of fruits and veggies. And please place these fruits on table or counter for easy access. No fast foods and never sit down after dinner (no matter what). Keep active....

-Ivy

Old 09-20-2006, 01:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 227/210/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey meme. Welcome! Congrats on the 28 pound loss. I am sort of new here too. I joined a couple of years ago when my son was born and then I got pregnant and gained again! So, I had my second son 6 weeks ago and am trying to lose weight again. I am following the South Beach Diet but adding a little fruit because I am still breastfeeding. I am also in Florida. My husband is in the Coast Guard. What part of Florida are you in? Well, good luck and would love to continue to talk.
RCsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 11:14 AM   #8  

Im in northwest florida about 30 minutes from alabama