South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 08:13 AM   #1  

Default Jack

I posted here yesterday morning, but I guess it didn't post or I did something wrong! My mind is completely shot as I haven't had much sleep. I have a houseful of company, am trying to keep up with laundry, towels and such, have cooked dinner every night this week and didn't even get in bed until midnight then up at 5 this morning so I could start a big pot of chili before going to the hospital.

He is my SUPERMAN! He came through great, didn't need any extra blood or fluids during the surgery. He was doped up last night when I went in and not very coherent. He's kept his humor. On Monday he told me someone let a mule into the ICU and it was stomping on his chest. Then a little later his nurse gave him a wet sponge swab in his mouth because he couldn't have water or even ice chips and he sighed ask her if she could please do his gums then looked at her and said, "You HAVE to be a descendent of Florence Nightingale." He sat in a chair Monday for an hour and last night for almost 2, he has almost all the tubes and IV's out and his chest tubes (which if ANYONE has ever seen these things are pretty scary because they are the diameter of dimes and he had four sticking out of his chest) and he gets to go to the surgical floor this morning.

My sil and I have gotten along superbly so that has been a super relief. She has even backed off about visiting with her brother, coming in and staying 10 minutes or so then letting me have the rest of the time with him alone.

All in all, everything is going great and I can't thank you enough for all the good thoughts and prayers!!! Hopefully he will be home on Monday at the latest.

Faye
Old 09-20-2006, 08:19 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh, Faye, I am so glad to hear from you and know that Superman Jack is OK. Thanks for letting us know.
This is one of those times when I wish I had everyone's phone number for my private list!
Old 09-20-2006, 08:23 AM   #3  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'5"

Thanks so much Faye for letting us know your Jack is doing well. I am so happy for you and sure that it is the biggest relief for you.

My thoughts and prayers are still with you both on a speedy recovery and for you for extra strength through all of this.

God bless you both!!!!!
Old 09-20-2006, 08:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Faye, I am so thankful and happy for you. Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to let us know.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

That is so great to hear! The ladies on here sure have been thinking/praying for you!
Old 09-20-2006, 09:41 AM   #6  

That is wonderful news about Jack. Thanks for letting us know. We've been worried.
Closed Thread