Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 09:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/168/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Question Newbie Chickster with a ?

Good Morning, I'm scared spitless. I'm into the 4th day of my own personal challenge, and I'm going "core". I am a lifetime WWer and about 40 lbs. over goal, but have found so much encouragement here, that I have decided to stop lurking, and come out of the closet (diet-wise). It finally hit me between the eyes (literally) last week. We were on vacation at the beach and for the first time in a long time, I saw myself in a full length mirror (well, lots of them-the diningroom and one of the bathrooms have whole walls that are mirrored). Other women see themselves all the time in dressing rooms or at home often, but I only see myself in the bathroom mirror over the sink- we don't have any other mirrors. When I saw myself, I was really, really amazed!! Whoa!!! I decided to relax for the rest of the vacation, but think seriously of how I was going to tackle this problem- I am out of control. I need a good game plan. I mean really good. I have many other reasons for choosing Core, and you all are most of them. One of my biggest problems is being obsessed with the scales. So as part of my personal challenge, I have embarked on 50 days of going Core, and NOT looking at the scales at all. November 6th will be the day- I'll keep you all posted.

My first question (of many) is where does FF half & half fit in? I do occasionally want to have a cup of coffee. This morning being one of them- does everyone just use skim milk, or can I have FF half & half and on count it as my APs?

Thanks for your help- Mama
Old 09-20-2006, 11:09 AM   #2  

Welcome Mama! Core is wonderful, and I really think it'll work well for you.

As for FF half and half, I've only used it occasionally in recipes, and I count it as Core-enough. But, I don't drink coffee, so I don't know about using it there. Sorry.

Feel free to join us on the weekly Core Support thread, and fill out a profile on our profiles thread so we can get to know more about you.

Angela
Old 09-20-2006, 12:12 PM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Mama, I'm SO glad you came out of lurkdom! FF half and half is not Core but you can definitely use your weekly points allowance (WPA's) or activity points (AP's) for it. I think the last time I looked at it the points came out to zero if you only use a little bit. I believe it isn't Core because there is some sugar in it.

I'm sorry I can't stay to chat more because my life is spinning a trifle out of control at the moment. Core is such an amazingly healthy way to eat. I've lost 45 (with a bit of a backslide) but I'm confident that I can lose the last 120 pounds on Core when I get back in gear.

Good Luck!
Closed Thread