Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2001, 05:24 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default #141 Ringing in the New Year

Hello all,

First I would like to welcome the many new members!! I have been here 1 year in Jan. This has been a great sourse of support for me. I have made many friends.

The board was so quiet before the holidays. I was so hoping taht the new year would bring new and old friends back!!

We are getting all our snow in just a few days here. When you hear that Buffalo NY is getting lake effect, my place is getting it too. We got a foot of sno wyesterday and it is pouring it on as I type. It is good however for snowshoeing. DH got me my own pair for my birthday thsi year so I am eager to try them out.

I am glad the holidays are over ! I did put on 4#( I have lost 2 already). The grazing at work became to much to ignore!

The new job is working out well. I have a longer drive(in teh snow) but that is the only downside so far!

Well you all have a great day and a safe weekend/holiday
Old 12-28-2001, 01:38 PM   #2  

Deat Pat:
Yes, those office munchies can ruin us!
Great going on losing 2 of those 4 lbs.
That's wonderful...to nip it in the bud,
before more get added on.
Happy New Year
Old 12-28-2001, 08:45 PM   #3  
Work in Progress

Thanks for the support.
But how are you recouperating? SusanTaw?
If I remeber correctly you were haveing some leg issues that required treatment> How are you managing? ANd has your life returned back to somewhat normal? If I have mistaken you for someone else I apologize.
I hope all is well
Old 12-29-2001, 08:23 AM   #4  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Morning all. I've been doing so well these past few days. My eating is back on track and I've been getting out for my exercise. also I'm up and doing stuff instead of sleeping all day and sitting on the couch watching tv or reading. I feel really good about myself right now. I hope I can send some positive vibes out to everyone. If you go back to #140 and read my last post you'll see that I've definately had a wake up call and I am back on track. I feel so positive in fact that I have set a goal of losing 25lbs for Valentine's Day. That is pretty high I know but I think I can do it.

Drake actually slept through the night, YAHOO!!! I know once he is doing that on a regular basis it will be so much easier for me to stay up in the morning instead of sleeping in til lunch. What I was doing was getting up when he needed a bottle and taking him into my bed and we would both fall asleep afterwards til 10 or 11. He is so nice to cuddle with though!

Pat - did you try out those snowshoes yet? I went snowshoeing once and really liked it. It sure is great exercise!

Any one have any amazing plans for New Year's Eve? We are just going to a house party. I don't know how it will work out with the baby but I think another couple is bringing their baby so we'll see. Generally Drake is pretty good about going anywhere but I am concerned about the people that smoke. I think they are going to designate one room as the smoking room and the rest of the house is off limits. Well take care everyone, have a great weekend.
Old 12-29-2001, 11:53 AM   #5  

I have been guilty of not posting during the holidays. Still a lurker however. My goal for the holiday season was to stay at the same weight (no loss, no gain). I have gained 1 1/2 lbs as of yesterday but stil feel good about myself.

I posted this on another thread, but compared to last year when I went on an eating marathon over the holidays, I feel so much more in control. Have not had time to exercise (poor excuse) and so that has contributed to my weight gain.

Although I love this time of year because you get together with relatives and friends, I have to admit I will be glad when January 2nd rolls around. There is soooooo much food everywhere. In work new food appeared daily.

Glad you are all here. It helps to have people who understand.
Old 12-29-2001, 12:23 PM   #6  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default Hello All!!!

Well, I am back and with a vengance!!! I am preparing for January 2nd (We are having a party on the 1st!). I have bought a set of weights, a weight lifting book, step aerobic videos and I have the money in my wallet to buy my step!!!! I have kept up my membership with WW, so Jan 2nd I will go and get the damage report and then I am ready to do this thing full swing!!!! Bertha must go!! I am trying not to go crazy in the meantime.

I know that my motivation will peak, so I am counting on this web site and all of you to keep me going!!! You have all been so wonderful in the past!!!

Jen - No big plans for New Years Eve, just thinking hot chocolate and movies with hubby!!! New Years Day we have all the neighbors over, that's always fun. Hopefully you can keep the smokers away from Drake.

Pat - Good job on the 2#!!!! Glad to see your still here!!!!

nikolas - 1 1/2 lbs is awesome for the holidays!!! I know my damage is going to be much worse!!!!

I will revise my signature on the 2nd, I'm sure it's inaccurate!
Old 12-31-2001, 09:47 AM   #7  
Jen

Hi all. Just a quick post as Drake is starting to fuss. Just wanted to say Happy New Year to everyone and the hope that 2002 will be a more peaceful one for the world as well as a more healthy one for all of us at 3FC. Don't overdo it tonight if you are partying and don't drink and drive.

Take care all, see you in the new year.
Old 01-01-2002, 07:09 AM   #8  
Work in Progress

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Well I am seeing this as an opportunity to reaffirm my weight loss/life goals!! ANd would like to be maintaining next year.

I got the snowshoes out this weekend and what a workout I had. The snow had not settled and I ws breaking a trail. 30 mins was all I had in me. But what fun. The snow machine has moved on south and I hope to get out this afternoon.

Baylee Hi and welcome from me

Jen Hope you enjoyed your house party, Congrats on Drake getting thru the night!

JM- This months Fitness mag had a great w/o combining weights and aerobic w/o.

Nikolas, I too can't wait for the holidays to be over. The party atmoshere just makes it harder to make the right choice.

Hello to all that will follow. I hope to bring up the regular threads for all the newbies. I love seeing new paople posting.
Old 01-01-2002, 08:14 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 328/292/135

Height: 5' 1"

Default HEY YOU GUYS!!!

Hi everybody! Happy New Year! How is everyone? My goodness, there are so many new faces here. I know a lot of you don't know me from Adam, but I wanted to pop in and say hello. I am once again starting this journey. I've been here off and on almost two years. (I'm a late bloomer, okay?) Anyway, I can't type much today because I have a million places to be and a wedding to go to at 4 pm (so not looking forward to seeing the pictures of me from THIS! Uugh! Think they would mind if I hide the camera?). But I promise to start coming in and posting like a good little girl (okay, wishful thinking) tonight or tomorrow.

So HELLO everybody! I'm back, and I plan to make it for good!

HUGS!

M'Chelle

P.S. Hopefully all of this rambling will make more sense tomorrow! LOL
Old 01-01-2002, 10:53 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Gosh, I leave for a couple of days and come back and have to go to the 2nd page to get all the new posts!!! That is great that everyone is trickling back and and getting serious about getting healthy.
I too am reaffirming myself to get healthy (Notice I'm already in the right direction by not calling it losing weight because I know as long as I eat right and exercise the weight that needs to just go away will).

I know I've been MIA for a while and the truth is I have a new man in my life He is so sweet and we have so much in common. It's a great relief too to just take things slow and see where it leads. I will try and post more here even if it is from work.
Sorry I don't have any individual responses, but it's almost 10 p.m. and I've had like 4 hours sleep in the past 2 days.
Dawnyal
Old 01-02-2002, 04:01 PM   #11  
Long Time Member

Well, I was a good little girl and went to WW today. The awful truth is that I gained 12 lbs back. Oh well, not going to cry over spilt milk. I have been counting my points today. I didn't eat any of Jacob's lunch that he didn't finish (Yummy pizza and cookie), I was kinda proud of that. AND I just finished my upper body weight workout. I think I'll be feeling that tomorrow!!! If I can find time for some cardio today I'll be a happy camper!!

Dawnyal - How cool that you have a new man in your life!! New relationships are so fun!!! Glad to see your reaffirmation!! I'm with ya!!

Baylee_B - 10 lbs in one week!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Keep up the awesome job!!

M'Chelle - Hello my friend!! Glad to see you back!!! How did the wedding go?

1fralick - Sounds like you had a blast snowboarding!! We haven't had much snow out here in Indiana yet. Maybe this weekend. I can't wait to take Jacob out and play in the snow!!

Jen - Happy New Year!! Here's to a healthy year!!
Old 01-03-2002, 09:41 AM   #12  
Jen

Hi all. finally some proof that hard work pays off. I think I posted about a week and a half ago how I had this wake up call about my efforts to lose weight. Today I weighed in and I have lost 4 lbs since last week. And I know it isn't water because I've been drinking more than ever. YAHOO!
Old 01-03-2002, 11:14 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

So far my resolve to get back on track hasn't been going too well. My boss's birthday was yesterday and so we had a big dinner at work and then I had a huge chili cheese dog for dinner (not good) but ath was yesterday and this is a new day. (Now if I can get that brithday cake that was left over from yesterday to stop calling my name I'll be doing great).
I'm vowing today to stay OP. I've already starting my journaling back again today and I will make it to my weigh-in on Saturday morning. (I would go tonight, but I want to be able to stay for the meeing and I can't tonight).

Jen--> Congrats on the loss. I know it's sure going to help me to work harder.

JacobsMommy-->That's a big step to get back to weight watchers. I know I've been debating whether or not to go back, but I promised myself I would at least go for 3 months to get all the paperwork and then I would evaluate whether or not I still wanted to go to the meetings. So i know that that was a major step
I probably need to try and get some work done today.
Dawnyal
Old 01-03-2002, 01:38 PM   #14  

Lookin pretty busy in 2002! Glad everyone has come in, cause am in for the long haul, once again.
It's been 2 years since I joined this group and got serious with my weightloss. I did very well for a long time, and than as most of you know, I was dealt some really hard times in my personal life. Not only did I put my weightloss off, but ended up gaining. Not sure really. I am chicken as of now and refuse to step on the scale. February 1st, I will be stepping on the scale. That will inspire me to work my butt off this entire month. I know the numbers should not control our emotions, but right now, I do not want to be discouraged by seeing my gain. My clothes are tight and I can't even fit into some of my jeans. So, am sure the gain has been over 20 lbs since when I was down to 188 before my husband and I seperated.

But, I look at it like this.
1) My divorce is final.
2) I will be getting my OWN apartment by the end of this month
3) I plan on returning to school this spring
4) I am going to California in March
5) I am determined to find a higher paying job.

I am getting my life back together after pretty much the worst year of my life. I have not exceeded my highest weight. And I refuse to do so.
I am back, and I will not celebrate another birthday being miserable with my body. I will not.

Thank you to everyone who has supported me, encouraged and listened to me through out the year. Between the infertility treatments, house buying, my in-laws, my sisters and finally my divorce. I thank you for wiping my tears away so often and thank you for understanding my need for space from my favorite place. Here, with all of my angels. I want to return the support that I have gotten...but how cold I possibly?
Old 01-04-2002, 01:17 PM   #15  
Long Time Member

Hi everyone!! Well, it's Friday and I am looking forward to the weekend because I know I'll have time to exercise. For once I do not fear the weekend binge eater that I usually am. I love it when I have this much motivation. I have been staying OP and drinking my water. I haven't had time to exercise, but I can't wait until I can. I need to start getting up earlier...but geez, I already get up at 5:00 am. 4:30???? That may be a tad unrealistic.

Oh well, hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
Closed Thread