Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 01:22 PM   #1  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Default Week of 9/18

Hey everyone. Been kind of quiet lately. How's everything going? I had a busy week what with being sick and having my son's b-day and all that. I haven't weighed in but I'm sure I am up and also it is TOM so I am not even going to bother with the scale this week because it will just depress me. I worked with a nurse last night and we had a good heart to heart about losing weight. She weighs only slightly more than me and I thought to myself that she must weigh more because she looks so big but then I thought well who the heck am I kidding, no doubt she probably thought the same about me!! She has done Curves and lost weight with that and it sounds much more reasonably priced than WW so I might look into it, I think there is even one here in my little burg. My scrub uniforms are starting to get a big tight around the middle so I really need to get on the ball. I've been thinking a lot about my Halloween goal and I'm really determined to achieve it. I mean to start drinking my 2L of water everyday so hopefully when I weigh in next week I will already have got rid of that TOM water weight plus what I usually end up retaining. Also I went to the Gmaps Pedometer site and mapped out something I can walk so I can start doing some kind of exercise that won't be so hard that I give up after awhile.

So what is new out there?
Old 09-18-2006, 01:50 PM   #2  

Things have been going pretty well for me, in terms of health and life in general. It's almost Rosh HaShana (Jewish new year), which is a holiday I love to celebrate and is very meaningful for me.

I'm in a pretty good groove with aerobics and boot camp classes. Thought seriously about buying chocolate snap cookies when I was grocery shopping today but I didn't. I also stopped buying the ff sugar free chocolate pudding--it caused a complete lack of self-control. Argh. I didn't know it was one of my trigger foods but I sure found out!
Old 09-18-2006, 03:24 PM   #3  
Jen

Elana - glad to hear that things are going so well! Good job not giving into those cravings!

I had to come back and brag a little. I felt so motivated today that I ended up going out for a walk for about an hour. I don't know what the distance was but that is not really important to me after all, just that I got out and did it feels really great! Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:47 PM   #4  

That walk sounds great!

Are you still having decent weather in Ontario?
Old 09-18-2006, 09:06 PM   #5  

Hello chicks!!
Jen, glad to hear you feel a little better.
I am doing good this week, I weigh in tomorrow morning, so hopefully another big lose this week. I got a cute hoodie jacket with Eeyore on it from DH for losing 5 pounds, another 5 and maybe I'll get the Eeyore purse I've been wanting, lol.
hope everyone is doing ok.
Hugs,
Donna
P.S. My DH has been walking on my treadmill each evening, we challenge each other to go 1 minute longer each day!!
Old 09-19-2006, 08:14 AM   #6  
Jen

Elana - the weather was beautiful here yesterday, the rain held off until overnight, it was so warm out I was back in shorts! It's been pretty cool lately so the warmer temp was great. It looks like it is going to be another nice day outside today so I'm going to be going for another walk for sure!

Donna - that is great that you got your hoodie, Tigger is my fav but I like the Eeyore stuff too because it is always in such pretty shades of blue. Keep up the great work!

Well I did pretty good yesterday, did my walk, had 1L of water but not so great on the food, the night time snacking did me in so I'll try to do better with that tonight.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-19-2006, 08:38 AM   #7  

Good morning all!!

WAY to go on the exercising Jen and Elana!!

Congrats on your hoodie Donna...I am a HUGE eeyore fan...in fact I am wearing an eeyore shirt right now LOL

It's been hectic here. Too much to do....hosting a shower this weekend, MIL just found out she is putting on the reception for BIL and Fiance b/c the Fiance's dad backed out on everything so I went shopping with MIL ALL DAY Sunday to help her get food and stuff. It's going to be a really low key wedding. So the shower is this weekend, then a birthday party next weekend and the wedding the weekend after that.

I have today off. So my plan is to get some cleaning and laundry done this morning. Then DD and I will have a tea party with her "fancy new tea set, from Gramma"...as she calls it. I also promised we'd play a game today.

They are using clear plastic silverware for this wedding, so I am wrapping the sets of silverware in napkins and tieing them in ribbon that all coordinates with the wedding colors. I also have to get stuff pulled together for the shower on Sunday. I paid for everything and MIL paid me $50 back. SIL is supposed to give me half, but she owes one brother $500, my husband and I several hundred, and is now planning a trip to England for $1400 to see the other brother who is in school there for the semester. I really don't think I'll see a penney from her for the shower, and I knew that going in so oh well.

So I have a busy busy day ahead. So I better get rolling. I was doing great on plan, but I am not sure where I stand now. I haven't tracked in days since I have been running around. But mostly I've eaten cereal, so I can't be that far off.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 09-21-2006, 07:16 AM   #8  

Good morning!!!!!

We had another great day at school yesterday. I enjoyed my day off on Tuesday.

So Tuesday my sister had WLS. I ams till kind of reeling from the concept, trying to get my mind around it. But at 230, I am the thin one. I have always been thinner, even though I am older. She is over 100 pounds heavier than me, and though this is not a competition....it kind of is. I really don't want to be the fat one LOL. I need to buckle down and get to work. Unlike my sister I have the ability to lose weight if I do the plan. I need to stop wastering time. I turn 30 in 182 days. I won't see 130 in that time, but 150 would be a dream. I was 150 when I met my husband.

I will soon be done with babysitting on Tuesdays and Thursdays (another month or two at the most). I am doing great food wise at the daycare and preschool MWF. I have had several opportunities to focus on myself and I have blown them. Here is one more. I currently weigh as much as I did the day I gave birth to my son! Sad.

I need to get going, get moving and get serious...for real this time LOL. My sister can't beat me to goal!! LOL I am hoping since she has so much more to lose that I can get going now and stay ahead

Well got to wake the kids. have a great day!!!!!
Old 09-21-2006, 01:31 PM   #9  

Misty--It sounds to me like you have a very specific goal and that should help. Do you drink enough water during the day? Lately I've been snacking when I was actually just thirsty...it's food for thought (or actually water for thought--sorry about the dreadful pun).
Old 09-21-2006, 06:17 PM   #10  

Hey chicks, still doing good here, have been walking more and more each day on the treadmill. Going tomorrow to get more plan foods, and am trying to drink a little more water this week.

Misty, I am sure you can do it, make 150 by your birthday, if you buckle down and work hard.

Hugs,
Donna
Closed Thread