Old 09-18-2006, 08:19 AM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Weekly Chat 9/18-24

Well, ate junk again last night. But I feel ok. Not bloated. Doesn't mean I'm going to continue doing that--just means I'm not feeling sick from it. I DEFINITELY have to watch things. I should be taking advantage of not being hungry to downsize my portion sizes. Mind games again--self sabotage I think. With the "P" pills I have to make sure to drink more water...so that's on the agenda today. Scale was down again. Just decided to mess w/my head on WI day

Lily, You mentioned the shakes.....they're not that bad. I prefer the advantage shakes. They're better. DH likes them both and will drink them for breakfast.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 09:29 AM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Brenda, the scale is moving in the right direction for you!!

Ive got another 2lbs gone....so its working! I have to search back and see when I started induction. I forget.

Lots to do today, we bought a new computer yesterday....Dell xps 4G, duo processor....its gonna go fast like crazy It will be a couple weeks before it gets here, but that gives us time to get stuff downloaded and ready for the move to the new pc. Im excited, its going to be nice to work on several very large programs at once, and not have the pc freeze up and need rebooting So, theres that, and some signs to work on...then its out for a walk on this beautiful day.

Have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 09:53 AM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Brenda, I'm glad the scale is going down for you. I was upset yesterday that mine was up 3 lbs. This morning it's back down the 3 lbs. I know it must have been just water and constipation. I feel better just seeing it go back down. I drank all my water yesterday for the first time in a long time. I will continue to do this, it seems to help.
Robin, WTG on the 2 lbs. that is great. Congrat's on the new CPU. We bought one recently and I love it. Especially love having the high-speed internet and not having to re-boot all the time.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 232.5/230.5/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi ya'll! I was invited to join in here on the weekly chat. Today is my first day of induction. Even tho I am using FitDay I am not going to freak about the calorie input during induction. I know my eating habits will change, they have before, I just gotta give it time.

It's all a mind game isn't it?!

This board moves incredibly FAST - I think I may just make this forum my home for a little while until I get my feet wet...
KnicKnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:09 PM   #5  
Lovin' Life

KnicKnac
Old 09-18-2006, 12:43 PM   #6  
lilybelle

Welcome Knicknak, glad you joined us. I normally don't worry at all about my calories, only carbs and this works for me.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:29 PM   #7  
on my way down again

Hi all and weclome to all the people who have just joined 3FC! I plan on checking in daily again. It helps me stay OP.

KnicKnac, This is a great place to call home. I haven't counted calories at all, just carbs.

Brenda, That's such good news your scale is moving.

Robin, two pounds! Alright!!

lilybelle, I had that happen a few days ago. I started to freak I was up a few pounds. Then I remembered I had over salted my eggs and then my meat for dinner. So I quit using it. It went down. I used salt again, up again. That comfirmed mine it water.

I'm cleaning mold off windows today, so we can paint. This will probably take about 4 days. I love to paint, but hate that mold.

Have a great day everyone.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 02:39 PM   #8  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

I started the Atkins diet about a month ago and I lost a total of 6 lbs.I like to continue losing my last 11 lbs to goal and than beyond. Hoping its Ok for me to post here & on the daily. I was originally on the South Beach of this forum and it didn't work after Phase 1.their[Induction]Once adding bread carbs I started to gain.

Lost a pound this week low carbing. My doctor just called and told me since I've been low carbing my cholestrol #'s blumaged downward. I'm so pleased to hear the great news. Now I know what my balance is. He told me I'm very sensitive to bread/grain carbs and if I want to continue to have great #'s along with my weight going down I have to follow this trend.

I also joined your Sept exercising thread.

Have a nice afternoon

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 09-18-2006 at 02:54 PM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 02:44 PM   #9  
Head Princess

Hey my long-lost darlings! How is everyone? I haven't been on here in ages and just wanted to say hi. Hope all is going well!
StarPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 136/128/115

Welcome Knick knack and beachbum!!

So far having a good day of packing and staying on plan. For teh last two days though Ive have been curiously tired and headachy.. feels a bit like my first couple of days on induction. I think it was due to eating out over teh weekend where I tried to stay on plan but I didnt know if anything I ordered could have had secret carbs..like flour or cornstarch added to cheesy sauces...
Im looking forward to wednesday becasue Id be done with induction and I get to weigh in.. see if the past two weeks have helped. I certainly dont feel like I lost weight.. I feel a bit bloated though my TOM is over.
I have tried teh atkins advantage shakes..I didnt like the chocolate but I loved the vanilla.. trying to stay off them for now though since I read from brenda's post that they affect her weight loss. I will try them again later on perhaps.. its really convenient when I cant think of something to eat.
have a great week everyone!!
mealybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 05:11 PM   #11  
on my way down again

beach bum. Congratulations on your 6 pound loss. I know how good it feels. And congrats on your cholestrol low #'s.

StarPrincess, Hey! Good to hear from you! How have you been?

hi mealybug, I hope you feel better soon. I used to put corn starch in sauces, so you're probably right there. Last time on Atkins', I used a lot of drinks and bars and did great with no problems. This time, I've had 2 Atkins drinks so far. They are handy for me when I am away from home, so I'm glad I'm able to use them with no problems, and hope they work for you too.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 08:48 AM   #12  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Thanks for the welcome,hope I will be able to continue this WOE for awhile.I guess it takes some getting used to,even though I don't feel hungry on this diet like I did with the good carb good fat diet. The carbs were the problem,and thats why my doctor suggested LOW CARBING.

I had a revolution roll this morning and it wasn't bad tasting. I made 8 rolls from a recipe I got from the Atkins web site.

Mealybug-Hope your feeling better. I love the Atkins shakes thats the only thing that keeps me from reaching for the wrong snacks.I usually have it around 9PM,and it has helped. I'm going to use the Atkins Advantage Morning Bars[Chocolate Chip Crisp]as a cold cereal,by breaking and crushing the bar a little and putting into a bowl with a some cream.

Sonnet-Doctor was excited too with my numbers as they we up for quite a while and he had to put me on meds. Maybe hopefully by the time I go again in 6 months I can say good-bye to those meds.

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:21 AM   #13  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Well, the camel breath has settled in, and making dh take notice!! He wanted to know what was wrong with me, I was breathing bad breath thru my nose, and told me to go brush, floss and mouth wash So, Id say I was deep into ketosis! So, Im going to double my water intake today and see if that helps swoosh some of that bad stuff out of me.

If you are sugar sensitive like me...DO NOT marinate your buffalo steaks in red wine!! Man they were good, but I ate a very large meal last night, and by 8pm I was looking to stuff my face again. There should have been absolutely no way I should have been hungry!!!! I fought the sugar monsters all evening because of it. So...lesson learned

Im not sitting in a good place in my head. Ive been beating myself up for letting myself get this fat. Even with the 23 lbs gone that I had put on over the summer, I know I should have never let it get this far, and I know I have another 20lbs to go before I reach where I started from in July. It just makes me mad that I did this to myself. Then I get the "what the ****" attitude, and start looking for sweets. I need to quit thinking like this, and just move foward......quit looking back.

Im off for a walk before it decides to rain. Have a great day ladies.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:38 PM   #14  
lilybelle

Robin, please don't beat yourself up. None of us should have let ourselves get like this to start with. That is why we're here. Good job at getting back in ketosis. I definitely know about the "camel breath", mine does the same thing. Try to stay positive and look to the future. There's nothing we can do about the past, it happened. Hugs to you.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:51 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 136/128/115

Thumbs down dissapointed

Hi all
well I finished my 14 days today..It is great to have finished something that I started and to have stuck to it to my best ability.
but sadly when I weighted in I fouund that I was actually half pound heavier than when I started!!!!
How is that possible. I stuck to the diet exactly except maybe on two occasions where I tried to stick to it but maybe there was a minor amount of secret carbs in food I ate out.
I am relaly very dissapoint and feeling like there is no point to sticking to it. Not only becasue I didnt lose any weight but also because this probably means I am extra resistant to losing fat and cutting carbs isnt going to help me. I really feel horrible.
I had promised myself I could have a offplan dessert if I made it thru induction and lost at least 2 pounds.. I didnt but Im going to have my treat anyway.. It was a tough 2 weeks and now I feel like I need my treat even more
mealybug is offline   Reply With Quote