Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-17-2006, 04:43 PM   #1  

Default Getting back to exercise after short illness

I need some encouragement! I have been completely out of commission for two weeks with a combination of tonisilitis and a rather nasty virus. It started as a head cold two weeks ago, and as my symptoms were all in my head, I went to the gym, that was exactly two weeks ago. Since then I have had vomiting, a fever, and horrible muscle soreness, oh and a rather attractive bright red rash , which is now flaking off, so I resemble a lizard! So I haven't stepped foot in the gym.

I'm planning on just walking this week every night after work just locally around my village (my first day back is tomorrow), then starting light weights and cardio the following week. I haven't even been able to go into the pool because of the flaky skin. I look really weird! Well I look weird normally, but even weirder!!!

I feel like an absolute beginner again. For a week I couldn't even walk up the stairs of my house without help! I've done a wee bit of walking this week, but today for instance I walked for half an hour, then came home and fell asleep!

Please keep me honest this week, as I try to strike a balance between getting better, but also getting more mobile again!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:15 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

You'll do it - your body will remember how fit you were before. Just take it easy to start off with though - don't want you falling over
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 09:06 AM   #3  
No description available.

I hear you. I was knocked off my feet by the worst stomach virus I have ever had this week. I still feel weak and queasy and wonder when I will actually be able to work out. I have not been able to run since last Tues.

My advice to you and to me is to take it slow and it will not be like starting over from completely out of shape.

If I'm lying to us both, I am sorry.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote