Old 09-18-2006, 12:28 AM   #1  
on my way down again

Default I completed 14 Day Atkins' Induction, yeah!

Hi everyone. I have completed the ATKINS 14 Day Induction Diet! Honestly, I did not know if I would succeed, again, so I waited to say I was even on it. This is my second time around. I do not know why it took me a few years to just do it, but here I am, and I really feel this is my time in my life where it's going to stick. I'm so happy, I feel so great, and most importantly, I feel so healthy and full of energy. Good bye sugar! The biggest problem was starting back on Induction and forgetting all the bad habits I had started. But once the second day passed, it was ON! I knew if I wanted to do this and not gain back all the weight I lost in 2000 on Atkins', well, I better act now. So from now on, I am only looking ahead and know anyone else who is trying to jump back on...know you can too! You can do it, I know you can. And forget anyone who tells you the diet is terrible; they are so uninformed of how it is done, if done correctly. If you know this is the diet you need to follow for life, then do it. Please READ THE BOOK, and do not stop there, but continue to STUDY, and study again what you are doing here...read the book please. It works! I know! If it's your 4th, 5th or 6th time, but you know the Atkins' diet is for you and your needs, then never give up. You can do it.

Last edited by Sonnet; 09-18-2006 at 09:38 AM. Reason: added y to everyone. LOL
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:33 AM   #2  
on my way down again

I forgot to say, 13 pounds in 14 days...water...heh, well, read the book on that.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:40 AM   #3  
Transformation

S/C/G: 183/154/138

Height: 5'2"

That is so awesome. Are you going to stay on induction?

I LC but I am cutting it back to induction tomorrow cause I started getting carried away.......

You must be thrilled everytime you look at the scale. good luck with the rest!
nawchem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:58 AM   #4  
I'm a loser, baby!

S/C/G: 314/198/155

Height: 5'10"

Congratulations! I couldn't get past day 2, that's why I started WW up again.

You have such willpower!
pgray1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 01:37 AM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Fantastic job, WTG. 13 lbs. is fantastic. Congratulations.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 232.5/230.5/160

Height: 5'4"

Oh wow! Coolness for you. Today is my first day of a two week induction. I lost 60 pounds once on Atkins in one year, just found out this morning that I gained all of it back save 18 pounds - not as bad as I thought!

So I am behind you all the way!
KnicKnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 09:19 AM   #7  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Great going Sonnet!! 13lbs Keep up the great work.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:59 AM   #8  
on my way down again

Thanks all. I have not had to take on any usual obstacles yet like stressful situations, not being prepared or stranded somewhere without my veggies and meats, eating out, or my friends and family telling me how this will not work. I am also aware if I eat just one bite of something I shouldn't, that it will, no doubt, set me off. I am scared of this the most. So this will be knew for me to try and stop this immediately when it occurs. I feel fortunate to have my husband on this WOL with me. Darn him though! He lost more than me and does not have nearly as much to lose as me. I'm kidding, of course; I'm happy for him!

I am doing a few things that I have not done in years, like making exercise my top priority of the day. (treadmill) Another hard change I've made is not to jump on the scales every day, or sometimes a million times a day. LOL I am aiming for one week weigh-ins; I'm not sure I will meet this goal. LOL Before, I never believed I could reach my goal weight, so I have already started to learn about how to get to maintenance phase and how to stay there. 3FC has a fantastic forum filled with great information for this.

Nawchem, Yes, I've decided to stay on induction for 6 months, since I have around 100 pound to lose. However, if I start getting tired of the limited food choices, I'll move to OWL. I have 50 in my signature for my first goal, but should change that to my 100. I am extremely thrilled I've started over.

pgray, WW is great. I did it most of my life, but the cravings never went away. I felt like I was starving most of the time and would eat too much, like a 6 pack of English muffins or toasted flat bread and could still feel starved. I thought I was weak with no will power, but it was more than that. It's an addiction for me. With Atkins, I will move up the food ladder adding one food group at a time. I'll have to really watch the bread rung and may not even try it, since I know what happens.

knic knac, Congratulations for starting induction again.

It's so nice to have 3FC where we can all support each other with our choice of weight losses, regardless of what plan we are on. That's important. Thanks again.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:14 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/215/150

Height: 5' 4"

Congratulations! Wow--13 in 14--that's great! I am finishing up week one here--down 6 pounds, so the scale says. Have you noticed any changes in the way your clothes fit?
kittyglitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 11:14 PM   #10  
on my way down again

Smile

Hi Kitty. Yes, just today, I wore my blue jeans all day, and they were comfortable. Normally, I wear sweats or mens draw string pajamas when I'm staying at home. It's been so long since I could do this. Oh, and I did not have to lie down on the bed to zip them up! ha haha Thanks for asking.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:53 PM   #11  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey Sonnet, That is just awesome. I made it through my first day of induction. I chose to restart also. I think this is it for me. I know I can do this. Just wanted to say Congrats
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 01:43 AM   #12  
on my way down again

Thanks so much Ilovemike4alwayz. You're dong great! Keep at it and make it through the two weeks. I believe anyone will know after that if it's for them or not, when the results roll in.
Old 09-30-2006, 01:50 AM   #13  
on my way down again

Default sorry

About my first post here, I wanted to add that when I posted, "READ THE BOOK", of course I meant it, but I really meant it because that's what has been working for me this second time around; it has been my strength. I sure did not mean to sound snotty in any way. Sorry if it came off that way or harsh. I was so excited and just wanted to share my joy and let everyone know they can do it too .