Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 02:22 PM   #1  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Talking Paganchick chat September/October

Fall is definitely in the air here - my favorite time of year!

I'm already getting set up to cook and freeze and build up my pantry with homey warming foods. I'm planning on dusting off my bread maker this weekend too.

I will have to put out my "harvest wreath" on the front door of the porch too.

How is everyone doing these days?
Old 09-13-2006, 09:32 AM   #2  

Hello? Anyone here besides me?

Oh, well, we're definitely having a fall day here - cold, rainy etc - some of the trees are already turning. I didn't want to get out of bed this morning and just wanted to snuggle under the sheets and be served hot cocoa.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:36 AM   #3  

Wink september morning

hello it is a sunny and brisk morning here.should warm up later.
going to walk to the grocery store to stock up on atkins foods to get me started.also have the book from the library.
how is everyone else?
Old 09-13-2006, 10:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/202/154

Height: 171 cm

wow u seem like u'll have a nice day !!!
i have to pack, i have to go to another city for school starts monday..

what book will u read?
Old 09-13-2006, 12:30 PM   #5  

Red face book

i will read the atkins book!but i know what i have to eat already.
just looking for inspiration i guess
Old 09-13-2006, 04:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 111/95/90 (kg)

Height: 5ft 6in

Hello
Im a UK Pagan. I just found this site today, I need to lose weight for my handfasting in November.
Here in the UK it doesnt seem like Autumn yet, its been unusually warm for this time of year
Kalijack
Old 09-14-2006, 09:56 AM   #7  

Welcome kalijack! And congratulations on your engagement! Hope your handfasting ceremony goes well and you have a beautiful day!

Today is a bit warmer but overcast and drizzling. Definitely a comfort food day so tonight I am making a pasta sauce using fresh tomatoes, garlic, onions and fresh basil, I can almost taste it now. I'm also planning on making some banana bread.

Sigh, sometimes I wish I was so talented at cooking that I could do it for a living - I'm happiest in my kitchen with the smell of something good cooking. Then again, if cooking was my job I might not like it as much!

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 09-15-2006, 04:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 111/95/90 (kg)

Height: 5ft 6in

Thanks for the welcome
Ive been at a yoga class today, also did some meditation to unwind afterwards. I must admit that I found some of the positions a bit of a struggle and some I couldnt do at all, like balancing on one leg. But it was fun, and I cant wait to go again.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:45 AM   #9  
Pending Email Confirmation

today was the first day to really feel fall in the air. and it actually just skipped right over into winter. it was damn cold and pouring rain i could even see my breath today! weird.
hopefully that isn't a sign of what is to come.

i feel the same way mauv. i love to cook and try new things. i wish i was better at it - so i don't make too many things that get labels like "crap soup" (so bad even my husband wouldn't touch it) *LOL* it's hit or miss with me.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:10 PM   #10  
LivingDeadGirl

S/C/G: 325/250/165

Height: 5'7"

I'm here...I keep slowly walking away from here and now i know why...i've been diagnosed with compulsive overeating and binging...so now i have to back off from all this a bit...not meaning i can just do whatever i want, but i noticed that i was obsessing over what i ate and how much i excercised so much that it was making me depressed and stressed out...so now i have to start slow...figure out some emotional stuff so that i can stop this...it's all so confusing but i feel like i'm getting on the right track...thanks for being there for me either way, you chicks are great
Old 09-17-2006, 08:56 PM   #11  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

It doesn't feel at all like autumn here - I live in California and it's deadly hot out. Course, Cali is notable for its "Indian summers" - where the hottest part of summer is in September. So we're on par. Doesn't make it any more pleasant, especially since my new apartment hasn't got air conditioning!

I'm looking forward to it getting cooler. I can get out my deep colors of clothes and nail polishes again, and it's almost time to start making my spiced cranberry cider again! I usually make my first batch for Samhain. It's so good...cranberry-apple juice, with cinnamon and cloves and nutmeg. Perfect for cold mornings.

My university's Pagan group is gearing up for the new school year, talking about moon-dark rituals and stuff.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:52 AM   #12  

Ferret - it can be so easy to get caught up in the dieting thing, whether it is counting calories or counting points. Take care of yourself so you can get yourself back on track.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:23 PM   #13  

Today was a beautiful over cast day with just a bit of rain. I'm so glad its starting to cool down - we've had unusually warm weather here in Norway.
I love Fall - its my favorite season and October is my most favorite month!
I'm on Atkins and going strong since July 9th - something finally clicked for me and I have been able to stay on the Atkins wagon. I am so happy about that.
Have a beautiful day everyone!
Old 10-21-2006, 04:55 PM   #14  

I put out my Halloween decorations the other day! DH is so excited - the 31st is bigger than Yule for us -

Since it is on a Tuesday we will be giving out candy to the kids in the neighborhood but I'm preparing a "harvest" meal. I'm going to try to make a curried pumpkin soup using the pumpkin cut our from our Jack O' Lanterns and fresh bread. I'll have to pick up some cider too.

I'm not sure what to serve as an entree yet though. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 10-25-2006, 07:48 PM   #15  

Autumn here in England. Although a very weird one - global warming, I guess, as it's been the hottest Oct on record. Apparently the night time temperatures have been the same as mid day ones normally are, for this time of year!

The leaves are turning here but only just starting to fall. The ivy is in flower in the hedgerows, and it's been the most amazing year I ever remember for blackberries, etc. We made pounds of blackberry jam, a month back! Also lots of rowan and elderberries. I just made a couple of jars of rowan jelly for yule. Left the rest of the berries for the birds!

My housemartens have migrated now - flown back to the Mediterranean for the winter (lucky them!) They come every year, first week of April and fly off at the start of October. All summer, I had them nesting a yard from where I sleep. Now we have the odd migrating swan on the pond opposite - they stop of their long journeys, sometimes. Last week, there was a huge, lone swan. More often, they come in pairs.

We don't get kids trick or treating here as it's too remote - happens in the villages, though. Trick or Treating is relatively new here in the UK. We have Bonfire Night (Nov 5th) when there's fireworks and Nov 4th was our own tradition, Mischieious Night. A bit like trick or treating - without the treats! Just malicious (buut not too major) tricks on people you dislike! All the kids used to do it, but now it's dying out.

What's everyne got planned for Samhuinn? I'm not sure yet. I usually do a solo ritual, but haven't made any firm plans, yet. How about you?
Closed Thread