Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 09-15-2006, 10:48 AM   #1  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Default 100 lbs gone

I originally posted most of this to LWL but I think it should go in the goals section as well I have tried to provide a little more detail here though of the entire journey and motivations.

Today it is official. 100 lbs gone total. I knew it this morning because I weighed this morning on my home scale and it was hovering above 260. With work clothes on, my official scale reads 264 exactly.

The last time I saw this weight was 15 years ago. I was 16. I had lost 30 lbs from being 295 or so. As I wasn't eating properly to achieve the 30 lb loss, the 30 lbs regained themselves pretty quickly when I stopped dieting. I no longer diet but I have changed my eating habits significantly. The last time I was stable at this weight, i was probably 13 years old.

I remember 364 pretty well although I was only there for a short period of time. I ate ice cream every day. My favorite form of vegetables was when they were covered in cheese. I would eat up to a lb of meat at a single sitting. I could eat a whole loaf of french bread in one sitting and the bloating that followed didn't detour me. I had a lot of guilt about the food I ate and if I ate something, I would end up eating the whole thing in part to cover my tracks. I waddled when I walked. The seat in my sedan sized car was all the way back to accomodate my stomach and my booty. The seatbelt barely fit in my car. I used seat belt extenders on planes. I bought a pair of size 32 jeans. Actually buying the pair of 32 jeans was what really triggered it for me. Today I wear a loose pair of size 22 pants.

I had tried multiple diets but none of them worked in the long run. I would lose weight, feel constricted, then gain it back. I had seen 330 so many times that it was sickening. I couldn't lose more than 30 lbs before getting burnt out or tired of my eating plan. For 4 years, I had bounced between 350/360 to 330 numerous times. Then I think I realized that I hated myself and that was a hinderance to any efforts to lose weight. I had to change my attitude and work on something that was sustainable for life. So I renewed my efforts with a new outlook on life and myself. I wanted to lose 100 lbs more than anything and I knew I could do it.

Two years ago, I had just got dumped, I had just busted my knee from falling down the stairs and I decided I would lose weight once and for all. I started weight training to strengthen my knee, then started eating better and eventually added cardio. Exercising and healthier eating ended up with a total loss of 75 lbs but that was it. I got so frustrated at being stuck at 289. I was stuck there for nearly 18 months with a few lbs up and down. I thought I would be there forever.

Early this year, I decided that I could lose 30 lbs this year and finally reach the goal of 100 lbs lost. I actually ended up with a gain of 10 lbs due to changing my medication so I had to lose those 10 lbs then lose the 30 lbs to reach my goal. I rededicated myself around February of this year with a weight of approximately 299. Despite exercising and limiting my portions, I actually didn't lose any weight until May which is when I lost 1 lb. I am not at the 30 lb goal yet but in 5 more lbs, I will have reached my goal for the year.

I will not reach 199 this year. I may not even reach it next year. I will get there though. One day at a time, one lb at a time, one bite at a time, one drop of sweat at a time.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 11:20 AM   #2  

way to Nelie you inspire me to keep on working on my weight
toofatforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 01:35 PM   #3  

Height: 5"5

You never gave up on your self . way to go. You will do it. Lke you said one day at a time. That is how I go thru it.
Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 02:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Being a fairly newcomer (last December), I had no idea of your long trek. I am even more impressed now! Your story and point here is that it is never too late and never impossible. A good moral for us all to remember each and every day. Just do something and keep it moving in the right direction.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:42 PM   #5  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

WTG Nelie!!!!

With that wonderful attitude you will get to your goal and stay there. Keep up the good work, girl!!

chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 07:28 PM   #6  

Wow Nelie, that is awesome! I really mean that! So many people would have just got frustrated and given up. It just shows that no matter how long it takes, just keep persevering.

Hey Jude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Nelie, what an achievement! You are such an inspiration.
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:59 PM   #8  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Nelie thanks so much for sharing the rest of your story.

You referred to trying different diets and getting frustrated with the program at a thirty pound mark. Wow, I know just what that is all about too. You are right, it is a change of mind set. It doesn't happen overnight or within a month and sometimes within a year. But I believe that with each attempt at improving our level of fitness we learn something new. The most important point is that we KEEP trying or else we never get apply that new knowledge and experience that next level of success.

You are so right when you stated that it happens one day at a time,...one drop of sweat at a time. I'm thinking just that every day that I struggle to get that last rep in from my last set.

Congratulations again Nelie!
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:43 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 245/186/145

Height: 5 foot 4

OMG way to go... Awesome

Notsosnowwhite
notsosnowwhite1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:49 AM   #10  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

WTG!! You are really a inspiration! Congratulations!!!
I love you attitude!
Thank you for sharing your story and good luck on the rest of your journey!
sli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 01:54 PM   #11  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Thanks everyone for your support I forgot to add that I don't think I could've done it without 3FC.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:27 AM   #12  
Domestic Engineer

Thanks for sharing your story!! Wishing you continued success
jelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 07:35 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 180/154/140

Height: 5'7

Congrats Nelie! That's so inspiring...and shows that it can be done! Keep on going.

Kim
OneKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:11 PM   #14  

Wow Nelie, wtg, what a huge accomplishment and a wonderful story of commitment and sticking with it!!! It is hard to keep on trying when we aren't seeing any results and it's so easy to get discouraged and just give up, you are proof that if we keep trying we WILL get there!! Thanks for sharing your story and keep up the great work!!
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 06:49 PM   #15  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

I'm really impressed with your honesty. WTG on your AWESOME accomplishment. Being so frank about your struggles and journey will definetly be instrumental in the success of another.
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote