Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 08:33 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile Weight Loss and Chit Chat #212

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site,

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:02 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Good morning, chickas,

Nixxie - hope you get some rest!

Robin - congrats to DD for making the CAST team. The ear pulling doens't hurt. We gently tug on the ear lobes, one for each year, and then 2 extra. There's a speil we say, just like the generations before. My son would envy you your RV spot. He and Gina have a big camper, and they have to pull it to the camp site each time they want to go camping, which is most weekends. But they just can't afford the monthly rental. Nice places are really high aroung here, because there is so little competition.

Marti - aww, I'm sorry about the stuff going on at work. Maybe she's doing some "favors" for the boss, lol. I know you're a good, dedicated employee, and so it just isn't fair!

Norma - woohoo for the 1 pound difference! I have the exact same scales you got. A big, tall iron monster, lol. Darn thing is very accurate, lol.

Liz - no, I don't knit, lol. One try was enough. Although you didn't get much to eat for the fish dinner, at least it was real food. I like to eat what the family eats, and fill up on green beans, or something like that. If all else fails, you could try to keep a Lean Cuisine in the freezer for situations like that.

Sassy - I'm wondering if you shouldn't work out different muscles each day. You know, first the upper body, then the next day, the lower ones. In the meantime, you might want to try some Aleve, if you don't have a problem with it. It really helps me when I need it. Well, we already established that men are doody heads at times, lol. I know you'll get things patched up soon if you haven't already.

Cristina - aww, I'm thinking of you, friend, and hoping you're feeling a little cheerier.

Neal and I had a great day yesterday. We spent the whole day together, and went over to the Amish restaurant and flea market. We also went to the fabric store to get some scrapbook and hair bow supplies. He followed me around and held my stuff, lol. Then we made copies of photos at Walmart. He was a real good sport about the whole thing. I ate too much at the restaurant, but OMG their chicken is soooo good! Instead of pie or cake, I chose Amish peanut butter spread on homemade bread for dessert. So good!

I have news..... Gina is pregnant!!!! Maybe I'll get a little grandson this time, but will be very happy with another healthy DGD.

Have a good one, ladies!!
Old 09-13-2006, 11:18 AM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies--

Well I was a quiet girl all day long until the last few hours of work. I tried to keep my opinions to myself, and even when asked, I said "It's best if I just not say anything" Then of coarse I was asked again (apparently its too unusual for me to be quiet!) And I said my piece.

The gal I spoke to was very nice about it and listened to all my ramblings. Great gal. Doesn't make a difference, but at least I spoke up and said what I had to say.

And that was yesterday. How will today look?? Who knows? Take one day at a time.

Ok...done w/my blabbering about nothing.

Will chat w/you all later.

Hugs!
Old 09-13-2006, 04:05 PM   #4  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hello, I don't remember the last time I had a post on chit chat...but twice I wrote posts and got timed out before I could send them..and I hadn't copied. Grrr. Last night I spent the evening cleaning up the computer again and downloaded Firefox, which I had used before, but hadn't re-installed after the geek had my puter. So, hopefully I will not have the same problems again.

Now, I can't remember what I even wrote about or what I said to you all.

We have been busy getting the finishing touches on the new house. (all pretty much done, still some work on cabinets to go) I just keep on keeping on cleaning this house for showing. And Open House is Sun. We now have two families who would like to have the house if theirs sell. Neither one has made that offer to us though. I didn't start packing last week as we decided to wait until after the Open House. It really won't be too hard to pack...we will take things to the new house little by little and put away until the BIG move day.

I have been shopping for furniture and drapes..still. We now know what we want, just have to go the final step. (the money step..lol)

Sorry so many of you have been down or sick or had sick "babies." Must be something in the air as I have felt puny for two days. Just lightheaded and keep thinking that something worse is coming on.

Hopefully this computer will act right and I can get back with individuals.

JANE- A new grand...how GRAND!

Marti- Hope things improve at work. Take a deep breath!
Old 09-13-2006, 04:10 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Sorry this is just a quickie for me but since I was here I thought I better say HI! Spent too much time elsewhere and catching up reading and now I need to get going. Will chat more tomorrow and do individuals. But for now...I hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 09-13-2006, 05:13 PM   #6  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Evening Ladies!

I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Free to do as I please this evening & night! lol. Hub left for the evening/night to go see a baseball game with his friend. Only thing is his friend is having him pay for the parking when he already "shafted him" out of tickets that HUB paid for yesterday! But that isn't my beeswax, its between them, so whatever............lollllllllll

Anyways. I plan on doing a bit of tidying while the Mr. is out of my "hair". lollllllllllllll. Then I think I'll do ummmmmmm NOTHING! hee hee. I already put away some laundry. Waiting on the other load to get finished to put it away.

We ended up not going to the Y. Didn't have time. So I plan on doing my WATP DVD instead. That should be a nice change I think.

Off to Individuals!

Jane -- Yeah I think your right, work the upper one day, the lower the next and I can do the WATP dvd in between.............Oh and yes me and the Mr. did "patch" things up, as we always do. Glad you and Neal had a good day and YUMMO sounds good. Have you ever tried Cashew Butter??? I heard its supposed to be good, dunno...........

Hey ya Marti. Glad you got to say your piece. Sometimes that is all we need. Hope today went better.

Sue glad the house is coming together for ya. Hope the Open House goes well for ya and the BIG MOVE. I hear about computers. I need to completely wipe mine and redo it........

*Sees a Flash of Light* What was that? A shooting star? A rocket? No it was Cristina! lolllllll. Hi Ya Hun! Glad you stopped in! Come back when you can sit and chat a spell! lol.

Hi everybody out there in lurkdomville!

Have a Great Night All!

Old 09-13-2006, 06:51 PM   #7  
JfulldivaJackett

S/C/G: 150/260/160

Height: 5'9"

Unhappy

My stress level is pretty much at the top of the charts.

We had an appointment with the genetisist yesterday. We got everything from it could be the Phenobarbital causing him to have the choreatic movements, or it could be something called Infantile NCL - which I hope to god it's not. http://www.bdsra.org/batten.htm

Infantile NCL (Santavuori-Haltia disease): begins between about 6 months and 2 years of age and progresses rapidly. Affected children fail to thrive and have abnormally small heads (microcephaly). Also typical are short, sharp muscle contractions called myoclonic jerks. Initial signs of this disorder include delayed psychomotor development with progressive deterioration, other motor disorders, or seizures. The infantile form has the most rapid progression and children live into their mid childhood years.

They don't know. This is just the latest "thing that it might be". Pretty shocking to find out that your child COULD have a fatal result. They drew blood for eleven blood tests and urine for four urine tests. Plus we need MRI, MRS, VEP and EEG tests done. Don't ask me what the MRS and VEP are- I don't know, I just know we need them. So hopefully within the next two weeks we can get all those tests completed so we can get a few more answers. I am so sick of the waiting. Every night Karter flails around and goes crazy - and then sleeps all day. There is nothing I can do about it right now- and it's killing me- I'm telling you. Nothing but wait for the pieces to fall into place. And I'm falling to pieces inside. Kind of freaking out- I would love a tranquilizer.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:13 AM   #8  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'6"

Morning!

JenOh Jen I am sorry!!!!!!

Sassy.. you are a funny - hope you enjoyed the night "off"

Marti... I believe in saying how you feel, why let it build, of course I try not to be hurtful but for some you just have to s-p-e-l-l- it out you know? Sometimes I feel quilty after but usually always better as well.

Sue... maybe sinus? this cooler weather is killing me. Of course I hear there is a little flu/strep bug going around too (YUCK) here comes the season. That is awesome you are alsmost done on the house - new pix?

Jane... first CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting!!
Yea our spot is really pricey but when we figure in gas, the convenience, no more towing all the time, we are going for it - if it works we will keep it, if not, we will deal with it later but it is ours for a year anyhow. I love to camp! I am bumming as dh might have to work this weekend so we might not go on our last outing That is another great thing about a "spot" we could go anyhow.

GOOD MORNING TO ALL & ALL I MISSED.
Sorry I have a huge pile on my desk that is calling my name
Old 09-14-2006, 11:23 AM   #9  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning gals....

Lets see if I can do a little bit of catch up.

Jane--Congrats on Gina being pregnant!! That is wonderful news. I'll keep little grandboys in my thoughts for her! Sounds like you and Neil had a great time together. James may have some time off this weekend. I'm hoping. I'd like to do something with him for more than a couple hours. We haven't gone out in a long time.

Sue--How exciting knowing the time is so close! I hope the open house is a success this weekend and that you get an offer. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Cristi--Heeeellllllooooo!!! (think she got that as she flew by?)

Sassy--How was your night of having the house to yourself? Every now and then it's nice to have those kinds of nights. How do you like the WATP tapes? I love mine. Just need to do them MORE!!

Jen-- I wish there was more we could do to help you. Just know we are all thinking of you and your little one!!

Robin--Your vacation spot sounds like a dream vacation spot!! You'll have to post photos of your space and share w/us so we can "visit" it too!!

Well yesterday was a better day thats for sure. But I have to say, that I did find out that a couple of the gals are looking into new jobs. Which I don't blame them. You try to move up around there and there is no where to go or they give the position to someone who has been there not even 6months over 2yrs of experience. Crazy. I just wish them luck.

I should get going. Need to primp before work and eat some breakfast.

Chat w/you all later!

Hugs!
Old 09-14-2006, 03:45 PM   #10  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Marti - well, at least they know how you feel at work. Is this something you can talk out with your supervisor? Ask if you've hit the glass ceiling?

Sue - I'm so excited for you! I know how neat it is to move into a brand new house. I can still smell the wood sometimes when I come home.

Cristi - hi Cristi! Bye Cristi, lol.

Sassy - did you enjoy your evening alone? I like evening like that once in awhile. On Mondays when Neal bowls, I turn up the music and do what I want. Or watch a chick flick, you know?

Jen - so many tests! I'm sorry your little one has to go through all this, and I'm sorry you do, too. You're both in my thoughts and prayers, Jen.

Robin - I think that's a really good way to invest your $$. You're making memories that will last a lifetime, and I know from my son camping all the time, neighboring campers can be some of the nicest people ever!

Thanks for the congrats on the new baby. We'll have "blue" thoughts, ok? HAHA Well, today is shopping day, and Madison's day to be my girl. She loves to shop, and always has from when she was tiny, lol. She helps me pick out fruit, and helps me put stuff in the cart, lol. Marketing strategies aren't lost on her - she's attracted to pretty packaging.

Later is my Body, Mind and Spirit meeting, and I've got some things to do before then, so I'd better get off here and get busy.

Have a good day.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:47 PM   #11  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

just flying by right now hey to all Dh found the remote to our dvd/vhs combo so here in a few the younger kidlets and I are going to try out our new denise austin DVD
Old 09-14-2006, 04:12 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Jen: You and your family will be in my prayers.

Sue:You have so much going on a the same time. How do you keep your sanity? I hope you get a bid soon. It's hard enough to take care of one house, let alone two!

Marti:Job frustrations can be a diet buster. Stick to your guns. I like it that you speak your mind. I think most people like that also. They know where you're coming from and you feel better.

Cristina: I know you're really busy, but we'd love to have your company. Besides, how can you get through the day without sharing with your Jaded Ladies?!!!LOL

Mkat: I hope Denise, you and the kids all had a super time!

Jane: Congratulations on the baby news. I just love babies. I have 12 grandkids and I would love more. I think my kids are finished though. You'll have to start making a pre baby scrapbook page. Did you get out of the store with any money left after the help from your helper shopper!LOL

Sassy: Sounds like you had a quiet night without your other half. Did you have fun?

Hello all other Jaded Ladies, come back soon!

Today is my 6 week anniversay of this lifestyle change. I weighed 258.5 lbs this morning. My totals to date are 14 1/2 lbs gone (almost 3 5lb bags of flour) and 11 inches gone from my diameter. It's not coming off as fast that I thought it would but it's a little more than 2 lbs per week so I shouldn't complain. I'd like to think that I'm a turtle in a race with the rabbit. The rabbit starts off fast but stops to rest and dozes off and doesn't finish the race. The turtle though, kept plodding along and reached the goal a winner!

You all have a super Friday and weekend.
Norma
Old 09-14-2006, 04:18 PM   #13  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey all,

Yes I enjoyed my night to myself. I watched a chick flick and played on the 'puter some.

Hope you all have a great evening!
Old 09-14-2006, 04:21 PM   #14  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Ha, almost said Good Morning ladies... I think because it is my first post on the thread for the day I tend to think it is morning. Anyway, Good Afternoon ladies!

Feeling much better these days, well, sort of...would be feeling GREAT if these darn allergies weren't being so pesky. I hate this...nose running, sinus headache and sore throat, oh, and watery eyes-but then it could be worse so I am thankful it's just allergies. Need to just stay indoors but can't do that, I would really go crazy.

Not sure what was up with thos stupid scales, got on today and they were back down, why? No clue. I really need to spend a couple hundred dollars on some really good scales, just cheap I guess.

Heard from Josh finally! He called three times while V and I were at the Fair Tuesday and I actually heard it the third time but didn't get to it fast enough, ugh! He called me back yesterday though and we talked for a good 30 mns. He got my first 4 packages a few days ago and they ALL said thank you and they really appreciated it. I asked if what he wanted sent this time and he said something to do...DVD's, books, games etc. So spent the morning doing some shopping. Me and DD hit the used book store and got lots of paperback books, well, we got about 10. Going to go back in a few days because this was our last stop and I was pooped. Figure 10 is a good start. They had some best seller books for $3 and they were hardcover. Bought them some nerf footballs, puzzle books, magazines and all kinds of other stuff. He also wanted an electric shaver so he could shave everyday in his room. Anyway, it was good talking with him.

JANE...CONGRATULATION'S! hope this grandbaby is a boy. Glad you and Neal had a great time. Madison sounds like my kind of gal, lol!

MARTI...I think I would have had a hard time no speaking up, just doesn't seem fair, but then that is life...it's never fair is it?

JEN...my heart goes out to you and yours. It is so hard standing by and seeing your child being ill and not being able to help them. I do hope they find out what is wrong soon and do something to make it better for him. Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way.

SUE...oh what fun! Before long you will be moved and all settled in your new home. And I wish you the best with your Open House. Keeping my fingers crossed for an offer

SASSY...silly woman, lol. Hope you enjoyed your time to yourself. It's always nice to have that "alone" time once in a while. Wanna come and clean my house, please?! I've been too busy the last two days I haven't gotten anything done except laundry...figure I NEED clean clothes, lol.

MKAT...glad you could stop by and say HI! Hope you and the kids enjoy your workout, sounds like fun.

ROBIN...Could you possibly go yourself this weekend? It would be so nice to go away for the weekend...can't remember the last time I did.

JULES...if you are out there lurking missy, you need to get over here and post. Thinking about you and wondering how you are.

Hi to everyone else

I am going to see if I can get the house straightened before Jeopardy. I think I have time, just have to dust a few rooms and vacuum and I am sure I can get it done in a hour. Oh, shoot, I have to get some more packages ready to mail for Josh and his squad tomorrow. This time I am focusing on entertainment for the guys. They are bored out of their minds! Forgot to mention that V and I had a GREAT time at the fair. We left the house at 9 a.m. and got home about 6 p.m. I'll share some pictures when I get this roll developed. We need more days like that. Started out at a cool (cold to me) 58 degrees, was cloudy and windy so I was cold until about 1 when the sun finally decided to come out. But it was nice. I think we appreciate it more if we don't go every year. Anyway, better get going if I am going to get something done.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day!
Old 09-14-2006, 04:28 PM   #15  
GmaTo8

mkat - you go, girl!!

Norma - well, I always spend more when the DGDs are with me while I shop, that's for sure, lol. The turtle always wins the race, and I'm so proud of your success so far.

Cristi - so glad you heard from Josh! What a relief! You are going to be the guys' favorite mom with all the things you're sending. How thoughtful of you, Cristi. Glad you had a good time at the fair with your sweetie. Share those photos when you can.

Sassy - I wish I was the girl in your avatar. Or at least had her energy, lol.

ok.... now I really do have to get!
Closed Thread