South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 03:40 PM   #1  
Cowboy Up Chick

Default Ketchup/Castup????

DH doesn't really like any of the recipe so is there any 'sugarfree'/'no sugar added' or carb friendly legal ketchup/catsup?

TIA
Old 09-12-2006, 08:06 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 296/267/180

Height: 6'1"

Default Heinz "One Carb"

Look for Heinz One Carb, reduced sugar tomato ketchup. It tastes the same as regular, to me anyway. It has a green cap & label. Each 1 TBSP = 1 gram of sugar - not bad, I think!

Once I found this I haven't bothered to make any homemade.

Hope DH likes this!
Old 09-12-2006, 08:13 PM   #3  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I used that Heinz ketchup tonight when I make the 'cola chicken' that I pulled from the recipes forum. Wow, it was yummy! Definitely a hit, especially with hubby. He actually *asked* to take the leftovers for lunch tomorrow. So that recipe is definitely a keeper.

I haven't tried making my own ketchup so I don't know how it compares, but I can't really tell any difference in the taste between the store-bought regular and LC ketchups.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:41 PM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

Thanks guys. I actually had some of my WeightWatcher buds give me the brand. I found it and we will try it.

The ketchup recipe out of the SBD Cookbook is really, really thick and while it is a good substitute for ketchup in a lot of things it doesn't quite cut it.

Thanks again.
Closed Thread