Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-11-2006, 08:37 PM   #1  

Default Tony Little Gazelle

Hi everyone!!
I have an opportunity to buy a Gazelle from someone for super cheap. I wanted to know if any of you have used it?? Does it give you a good workout? And have you seen any results? I am not sure if it the regular gazelle (max 250 pound limit) or the freestyle gazelle (max 350 pound limit). If it is the regular gazelle, is the 250 pound limit strict?? I currently weigh 275. I want to start working out so badly. I live in a second floor apartment, so I can't do alot of jumping around. I thought this machine would be a great investment. I already lost 50 pounds and I am now at a standstill. I am back to my former eating habits. I guess I am taking a mini vacation. I feel that if I can start working out that will get me back on track! Thanks for any help you can give!
MissJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 09:12 PM   #2  

Height: 5 ft 3 in

I own a Gazelle freestyle, and I love it! Depending on how old the machine is, either one could have the computer on it or not, the one that gauges distance, calories burned, heart rate monitor, etc. But even without one, it's a great workout. I like it because it is a no impact exercise machine, which is great for anyone with bad knees or ankles. It's a good cardio workout. It folds up flat for storage.
Also, I don't know how much you are paying for it, but if it's not the freestyle, the regular models are fairly cheap now-less than $100.00. I paid $250 for my freestyle on sale (it was regular $350 at the time).
I can't really say for sure about the weight limit, but they are very well built, so my guess would be that the extra 25 pounds won't be that bad.
The only complaint I have about the machine is that after about 6 months of use the cables and connectors starting squeaking when I used them, but a little oil fixed that, so it's not a serious complaint anyway.
You say it's super cheap-I would jump on it! It will be a great way to "come back from vacation". The cardio may be just what you need to come through that standstill!
rebeleagle1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:09 PM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Here's a thread on the
Tony Little Gazelle
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:17 PM   #4  
I need buddies on MSN. D:

S/C/G: 240/159.5/140

Height: 5'6"

I have a gazelle and it's a great workout if you do it right. It's awesome for someone just starting out.
snuggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 01:43 AM   #5  

Thanks everyone for your responses! It was a real help. I thought I had to pay for the Gazelle BUT I am actually getting it for FREE!! What a blessing! He said it is the Elite but even if he is wrong...it's free and I can't complain. He said it holds alot of weight.. He is going to bring it to me sometime next week. I am so excited!! I am going to use this for my cardio but I am still going to do something else to tone (eventually when I get back into the groove of working out).
Once again, THANK YOU!!
MissJo is offline   Reply With Quote