Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 08:26 AM   #1  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Default Intuitive Eating #2

For those following the intuitiuve eating program.

Eating when your hungry, Eating til Your satisfied.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:39 AM   #2  
A Rose E'er Blooming

S/C/G: 234/234/150

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the new thread!
Old 09-10-2006, 12:12 PM   #3  
Intuituve Eater

Thumbs down I was a bad Obie today

Well I had a taste for Corn Beef Hash, there is nothing good nurtionally I can say about it, but I wanted it.

And of course since I was having corn beef hash, I had 3 eggs and 4 busicuits...Typing it even sucks. About half way thorugh it I thought all I wanted was corn beef hash, but I thought I might as well finish it...BLAH

So I ate till I couldn't eat anymore....Only good thing, no more corn beef hash for a good long while.

Hope everyone else is doing better.
Old 09-10-2006, 02:32 PM   #4  

Hey gals. Still trying to get over my cold.

You know I said before that it was easier to stay with IE when sick than WW. I think that's true, and yet, it's not. Yes, I don't have to count points in soup or OJ or anything. BUT I never realized that hunger goes away when you're sick. So this week I've been all messed up trying to "regain my hunger" and I don't think I've been doing too well. Hopefully I won't have a gain this week. We shall see tomorrow!
Old 09-10-2006, 04:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

I went out for lunch yesterday to a new mexican restaurant--one of those little hole-in-the-wall places where you aren't really guaranteed of getting what you think you are ordering unless you can actually speak spanish.

I LOVE mexican food, and this place was great. Homemade tortillas, lots of different homemade salsas, and really really fresh ingredients. I ordered shrimp in Diablo sauce. I ended up boxing most of it and taking it home. Still wasn't hungry enough to heat it up at dinnertime, so I just had a piece of watermelon for dinner. Heated it up for brunch this morning and still couldn't eat it all. I ended up picking the shrimp out of it and throwing the rest away.

But there was a time when I would have eaten it all without a second thought.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:58 PM   #6  

With all my stewing about vacation eating I actually didn't gain any weight. Hope I can say that in a week, a month , a year from now!!! Sabrina, I know what you mean. I havn't been feeling well lately and the automatic thought is, "If I eat something, maybe I'll feel better". Now, where did I ever get that? So many situations, so many reasons to eat. I think of eating especially when I'm tired because I think it will pick me up.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

Carol,

That's great that you didn't gain any weight on vacation. Good for you!
Old 09-10-2006, 10:34 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 148/115/119

ok...Ive been doing pretty good monitoring my full levels....tonite, we had a treat for dinner...tortellini Ala Nonna (dont even ask...we dont have it often but my teenaged son LOVES it and begged) I managed to behave (stuff is GOOD) and was full (maybe a little much...but it was only like 1 cup of the stuff and I used to put away a plateful)...went upstairs to put my plate away and spotted my hubbys plate with one shrimp left. I thought "oh one shrimp, whats the harm" so I popped it in my mouth....20 minutes later...I was actually uncomfortable...one lousy shrimp was the difference between being full, and being STUFFED...who knew? Well now I guess I do!! I think my stomach is getting smaller.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:39 PM   #9  

Good evening ladies!
I can't remember who posted about eating a hamburger just to show that it was okay, but I used to do that a lot. Test myself by going out to eat this or that.
Isn't interesting now how just having a couple of bites of ice cream will suffice, when it used to take a whole bowl to get satifaction??? I think it is funny how lots of us have had that experience. I think it really pertains to food that used be used for emotional reasons. I used to say that I could actually feel the brain chemicals go to work and provide relief when I ate chocolate. I don't get that "buzz" anymore. Now I am realizing that it must have been psychological. I trully thought that I was addicted to chocolate.

Obi, I think you posted about watching your parents dieting and I totally related. It is so funny now to watch people suffer through whatever diet plan they are trying to adhere to. I love going to the table with only the desire to eat consciously and only foods I really want. I see myself eating less than my mom who is next to me agonizing over each bite and the number of calories she is consuming etc. She is always talking about how tomorrow will be a better day with her diet. I tell her a little bit about what I am doing, but she isn't really ready to do it.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:49 AM   #10  
Intuituve Eater

Hey well I guess there is a wagon to fall off of. I was ok the rest of the day yesterday. Ate better and stuck to listening to my body.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:18 AM   #11  

I know with IE you are supposed to accept your body but how can you when you have this huge belly? I know everyone has a different trouble spot but when you have to wear a swimsuit or something like that you just feel so conspicuous. I try to tell myself there are better days ahead but it's just hard. Any ideas on this?
Old 09-11-2006, 12:15 PM   #12  
Intuituve Eater

Talking The Christina Aguilera Post.

Hey Carol
I kinda of struggled with low self esteem a few years ago (more like no self esteem) and I was actually much smaller than I am now.Not saying you have it, just a point of reference of where I am coming from.

I don't think the whole body acceptance thing means you have to love seeing yourself in swim wear. I think it is more, you are not a bad person because you look a certain way. You are beautiful at whatever size you are (love the Christina Aguilara song). Your size does not define you as a person. If someone has a problem with the way you look then f*ck them. It is their problem. (sorry for the profanity, but there it is)

With me I noticed I couldn't accept compliments because I didn't think they could be talking about me and I couldn't find anything good about myself.

Now I am over 350 lbs and I walk down the street feeling pretty good about myself. I don't think if I meet my goal my social life will change, men will chase me down the street (they do that now actually), or I will some how tranform into miss popularity. I do think I will be healthier, live longer and fit into the sexy boots I have been lusting after.

About the swimming outfit. Wear what makes you feel comfortable. Even if it is shorts and a t-shirt. I still have trouble walking around in shorts, so I am a work in progress.

Ok, no idea if that helped at all, but there it is

-Obie
Old 09-11-2006, 01:19 PM   #13  
Lisa

S/C/G: 219/214/140

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidianbbw View Post
Well I had a taste for Corn Beef Hash, there is nothing good nurtionally I can say about it, but I wanted it.

And of course since I was having corn beef hash, I had 3 eggs and 4 busicuits...Typing it even sucks. About half way thorugh it I thought all I wanted was corn beef hash, but I thought I might as well finish it...BLAH

So I ate till I couldn't eat anymore....Only good thing, no more corn beef hash for a good long while.

Hope everyone else is doing better.
I love corned beef hash. It is hard not to focus on the calories though.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:29 PM   #14  

Carol, Your post came at a good time. I woke up this morning and was just ticked off!!! Nothing I put on felt decent. I was just angry at being heavy and wanted to say phooey on the whole thing and crash diet. Of course then I remembered that I have never lost weight on any of those diets, so that was out of the question. Recently I have been so accepting of myself. This morning I was a "@itch" with a capital B!!! (Luckily just to myself and not to others.) ARGHHHHH!!!!! I don't know what the problem was, but I am still feeling sort of crappy.
At lunch I almost bought a candy bar. I actually wanted some mints but the vending machine didn't have any. I wanted something crunchy and my dollar bill was burning a hole in my pocket. I would have bought a heath bar, but the vending machine was out of change. I must not have wanted the candy bar too bad because I didn't hunt anyone down for any change.
This afternoon we had a faculty meeting after school. THey had mini candy bars and little bags of goldfish on the table. I was so hungry, I ate my share of the mini candy bars and 2 bags of goldfish (and I really don't like goldfish). I was hungry, and usually would go home and eat. I didn't eat carefully or consciously though. I shoved it down as fast as possible.
I am happy to say I came home and had a reasonable dinner. I will go to bed early and kick this mood of mine out the window.
Not every day will be perfect, but with reflection my food today was totally horrible. In the past I would have said, "I blew my diet with the snacks. I might as well go out and stuff myself at dinner." Today I was able look into my eating and let it go.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:16 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 148/115/119

I think it means stop hating yourself and beating yourself up....I know that Im alot closer to goal than alot of you guys so it may sound like its coming from an idiot who has no idea...but I do know what binge eating is about, and I do know what its like to be obsessesed with food, lack of food, how much food, how many calories, carbs and fats...blah blah blah. Food obsession is a sign of an eating disorder...anorexics look in the mirror and see themselves as fat, they think of little else other than food and their weight, bulemics look in the mirror and see themselves as fat, and also think of little other than their eating and their weight, many of the people people who are at their goals still see themselves as imperfect and overweight (i.e. my butt is too big, i have fat on my back etc), and are obsessed with eating and weight. Dont we have better things to think of? Maybe we should make a list of things we would like to learn to do in out lifetimes and do those instead of thinking about "I look like crud in a swimsuit". I look terrible in a bathing suit too....redundant skin and stretch marks all over my stomach to the tops of my thighs....I still throw it on...who the **** cares anyhow? Perhaps we need to start thinking of ourselves as healthy fit people...and treating ourselves and our fuel intake accordingly. Patience...none of us put on weight overnight...its not gonna come off overnight. Learning how to fuel the body properly by making intelligent, non-emotional choices, and eating only until we are full...excercising...there are lots of reasons to excercise other than to be skinny and lose weight. Excercise releases natural endorphines, improves your stamina and energy, keeps your blood pumping and circulation going, burns up excess seratonin and fights depression and lethargy. It makes you stronger so you can do other things you like to do like dancing, 4 wheeling, canoeing, camping. It makes you stronger so that you can do the things you HATE to do easier...like take out the trash, mow the lawn, mop the floor.

To me IE dosnt mean stop caring, or taking care of yourself, its more stop hating yourself over fuel.....do you hate your car because you have to fill it with gas? Would you hate it if you were running it on empty and it left you on the side of the road? What about if you filled it up with dirt mixed with oil instead of fuel and it clogged up the engine and needed thousands of dollars of work to run again...would you hate the car? What about filling the gas tank until it was pouring over the paint job and blistered the paint? None of us (myself included) think twice over emotional self abuse over fuel for our bodies...that is something that has been learned...moderation is really the key to a happy healthy body....and life as well. Food is just what we feed our bodies to keep them running....better the fuel, the better the mileage.... we all have foods that are "good" for you that we love...I LOVE peppers on the grill, I love chicken breasts, I really like salad, and prefer salsa over dressing anyhow, I was eating whole wheat bread LONG before it was fashionable, I love oranges, apples, any kind of nuts, especially peanut butter....there is nothing wrong with making choices from better fuels, but if a little dirt and oil get into the mix here and there we need to recognize that it isnt gonna kill the engine.

Last edited by Button_ewe; 09-11-2006 at 09:00 PM.
Closed Thread