Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2001, 11:44 AM   #1  
A princess in the making!

Wink The week Santa arrives!! Merry Christmas!

Good Morning all!

I am ready for Christmas and 2002! I just need to wrap presents for B. He did all the other wrapping. And everything is pretty clean. Just need to do laundry and the bathroom. Will do later!

I baked a ton of cookies last night. There is a church having a dinner for homeless people today. They needed Christmas cookies. So I baked 5 dozen and a lady at work gave me a dozen. Plus my mom has a ton. So we are going to deliver those this morning.

I have sat down and made a budget it for 2002. You know what is so sad is I have money left. I mean a over 400 a month once I pay my monthly bills and I never see it. Cause it has been slipping through the cracks. No more. I have all the bills accounted for and included me taking my lunch and Brandon and laundry. All those small things you don't think about. So I start Jan. 14th which is my first payday of the new year.

I hope you all have a Wonderful Christmas!!! I will be here with my WW point on 26th and BFB I expect to see you too.

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

P
Old 12-23-2001, 12:55 PM   #2  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone,
Great Pry, you are motivated and ready! I love all this enthusiasm about the new year and the 26th ... you are ready for change!

I am all wrapped! As of last night. I am so happy. I am never this ready with a few days to spare. The house is clean and I'm doing laundry. We are also packing to go skiing and when we get back it will be time for our New Year's with my best friend and her family so we are keeping the house really clean until then. I feel ready and calm. DH is feeling a little last minute stress. I think it is all going to be fine.

I lost another .4 today. This is the 4th small loss in a row. I am still over starting though! Can you believe it? I gained 3 pounds in one week and it is taking me 5 weeks to lose it! Yikes! But I'll take 4 small losses over gains anytime!

Hope you are all doing well. I"ll go read the last thread since I cannot see it from here.

love,
dani
Old 12-23-2001, 01:34 PM   #3  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!!Hope all is well!!It is "cold" here this morning so it looks like Christmas may be cooler than normal!!!!
Had a long day yesterday after running around at the exhibit and outlet malls but I slept in and am just resting today!!!

I was soo upset yesterday, on the way, we were driving about 75mph with bumper to bumper traffic and a big dog ran out in front of us. Everyone swerved and Refman hit him right on the front bumper..It made me sick..The dog lived but his hip was broke...I just cried and cried..I have about $500 worth of damage to my truck but I guess it is better than anyone getting hurt...
I couldnt believe he ran out in the middle of interstate traffic...
It messed up my day....

Well, have a great day all!!!
Vicki
Old 12-23-2001, 09:31 PM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

I was going to start a Valentine's Day Goal thread, but decided to wait until New Year's, or at least after Christmas, when I'm more into working on a goal!

RR- It's cold there?? What, did it go down to 60 or something?! That is soo sad about the dog. Is he a stray, or did he belong to someone?? Shame on that person for letting him get away so far that he could get on the interstate! Glad he's going to live though. And at least it wasn't a deer or something that could total the truck!

Dani- Have fun skiing!! Be careful!! Congrats on the loss...even if it was little!

Pryia- You know, for exactly the reasons you said, that's why I want to make a budget! I know we'd have plenty left over, or at least more to send to DH's CC's, if we knew where it all went.

I am gonna have to go back out shopping tomorrow. I just have to get a couple more frames. I keep finding stuff for myself!! Went to Kohl's and bought 2 sweaters, 1 sweatshirt and 2 mock turtlenecks for myself. Also got a set of dishes!! Not sure if I mentioned this or not, but I've had a running saga going on about my dishes. I didn't really like the ones the girls gave me for a shower present, so I returned them and got a credit. Ended up buying some cheap Corelle dishes in the meantime, til I found something I like. I have not been able to find anything!! I've seen one's I like, but not that I'd want to have, ya' know? Or I love, but it's china or something that's ridiculously expensive. Well, Pfaltzgraff must've just come out with a new pattern, because I haven't seen it before, and they don't have it on their website. It's called Orleans. It's really pretty, I love it. It was on sale, 20 pc. set (service for 4), for $79.99, so I bought it, and a 12" platter that matched. Also bought the matching salt & pepper, but I'm going to return it, because I really don't need it, and it was too expensive. Today, I was in Macy's and they had a serving bowl and sugar/creamer that matched, so I bought them. They were 30% off. I'm really thrilled with it! I can't wait til we move, so I can wash them in the dishwasher and use them!!

Warning - slightly graphic... My FIL is back in the hospital! They were supposed to drive down to DC today, for the procedure tomorrow AM, but he had some blood in his stool, so the doctor told him to go to the hospital. They kept him in the ER most of the day, then finally decided to admit him at least overnight. After telling my mom about it, she said probably they have to lower his Coumadin (blood thinner) dose, because that's probably what's making it happen. So, it's not that serious, I think. I just hope they don't make him go to DC on Christmas day, maybe they'll wait until Wednesday, or something. DH's brother and sister are both down from Boston. Brother is going to drive them.

Anyway, I guess most of you are all gone now, if you're going away for Christmas. Have a wonderful time! I'll be hanging around here, waiting to here about FIL. Christmas day will be at my brother and SIL's house, which is pretty local...same state at least.
Old 12-23-2001, 09:37 PM   #5  

Lauren: Keep us posted. I will be here. EATING the chocolate. OKAY I am kidding. There is some here that we don't like. My kid ate a whole bag of peanut butter cups today. I found the wrappers under his bed. And the pretzels are almost gone. And I still have a unopened box.

I am in for the V-day goal. GO ahead and set it up. I can stick it up at the top if you want.

WE HAVE SNOW!! Not to shovel. Just a dusting blowing around. Nothing to be super excited about. But Christmas will be white and green this year.

OKAY off to surf some more.

P
Old 12-24-2001, 09:36 AM   #6  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Happy Christmas Eve to all!!!!!
I am getting ready to run the roads today~
It is nice to be off work and sleeping late!!!I completely finished shopping and just relaxing today!!!!
Everyone have a great day!!!!
Vicki
Old 12-24-2001, 10:18 AM   #7  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Default Happy Holidays to Everyone!!!

Hope everyone's having a great relaxing day - me, I'm at work but what can you do??

I'm so happy I lost the pound I gained last week so now I can gain it back again!!! I'm only mostly kidding. I know the next week is going to be bad since my husband and I have decided that we're going to "splurge" a bit over XMAS and New Years since we've been so good for a while. I know they'll be some Chinese Food in there somewhere and I know I'll gain a little so I'm glad that I lost the first pound so I don't keep compounding things if that makes sense.

So I hope everyone enjoys themselves over the next few days and indulges in some treats (just not tooooo many)!

Elisa
Old 12-24-2001, 10:31 AM   #8  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Happy Christmas Eve everyone!

I am home baking cookies... Pillsbury made them... I am just baking them.
RR, sorry to hear about the dog. Glad everyone is ok.
How many of you are working today?
I am in for a Valentine's Day goal! Pryia, is that what stickie means? That you can post it at the top of the list? I wondered. Is that a moderator action? Very cool! I wondered why they weren't in post order but always stayed at the top.

I am done with Red and Green.

Elisa, sorry you are at work. Tis the time for splurging.

Pry, jealous of your snow! We had rain last night... not the same.

Lauren, I love new dishes! I never picked out my dishes. The china was given to me (and I do love it) by my aunt and the regular dishes was picked out and given to me by a friend when I got married. (we didn't register.. we eloped) So after 10 years I am starting to get my own (very expensive) everyday dishes.. throught Longaberger. They are very expensive but I love them and I'm getting them a little at a time. It makes me so happy! I hope FIL is ok and the procedure will go well. I'm home today.. not going away until after Christmas.

Going to go now. Still doing some laundry and still "baking" the cookies.

Love,
dani
Old 12-24-2001, 11:15 AM   #9  
Pink Thingy

Angry

Ho Ho Ho

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays

Apologies for just skimming the posts, but I will go back and read everything properly.

Pryia - Yes I still will be rejoining with you on the 26th. Spent yesterday at my mum's going through old photos and scared myself with how slim (I was never was and will never be skinny) I used to be. I really do need to get my butt in gear.

Just one piece of good news I got.... I've had one exam result back and (sorry to boast), but I got a Distinction

Love and hugs to everyone and hope you have a wonderful, happy and peaceful holiday

Last edited by BigFatBooty; 12-24-2001 at 11:24 AM.
Old 12-24-2001, 12:19 PM   #10  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Man, hearing about the "baking" reminded me, once again, that I have to make a pumpkin pie for tomorrow!! UGH...I keep forgetting!! That will have to wait 'til later! I'm off shortly to go shopping! I got DH a watch and a pair of jeans, two things he finally told me he wanted/needed. But I want to get him something he won't be expecting, but wants/needs too. I have called every Sears in the area, and let me say this: Darn you Bob Vila!! DH and I saw a commercial yesterday for the Screw Out, a new tool that removes stripped screws, it's a bit that attaches to the drill. DH (and I) have a habit of stripping screws! , so I hope I can get one! The Sears in the mall by mom has about 20 left, and they can't reserve one, so I've got to get there.

BFB- Congrats on the distinction, is that like getting an "A"?

Dani- I'm off today, we get Christmas Eve, and the day after T-Day as holidays. Too bad we don't get New Year's Eve.

Elisa- Sorry to hear you have to work. Splurge, but don't go too nuts...you know you'll regret it!

RR- Have fun running the roads...does that mean by foot, or truck?!

My FIL is still in the hospital, he'll be there another night. Bummer. We're gonna go over their house tonight and do the Christmas Eve thing anyway, just to try and keep MIL's mind off things.

Have a great Christmas Eve all!! I'll probably be checking in tomorrow AM!
Old 12-24-2001, 05:27 PM   #11  

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

Okay I ran to the bank and Fashion Bug...I bought jeans I fit in. I can not take those tight ones anymore. Also to the grocery store. Now that was a nightmare. It was funny though...every where you looked someone was on their cell phone. Including me.

Okay it is snowing here. I knew we would have a white christmas. NOT a lot or anything to shovel. Just enought to let us know it is Christmas.

Dani- You know I have no problems sharing our snow. I will send it your way next.

LBH- have fun with the pie. I have to make B some of those Pilsbury cookies that Dani is making.

I am so excited to get going on the budget and WW. I know I am so silly. I have the correct balance in my checking account for once.

I still have to wrap my baby's present and his Dad called so he got to talk to him. So that made him happy

Take Care
Love you all!!!

Merry Christmas!!!!

BFB- Will see you here on the 26th. And Congrads on that grade!!

P
Christmas s for all!!!
Old 12-24-2001, 10:42 PM   #12  

We're back from my parents. It was a nice visit and a fun early christmas. Its nice to be home for christmas in our own house though. I've just got to remember to get up sometime and hang the stockings on the boys beds and put out the rest of the gifts.

Mom and Dad gave me the deep freezer I've been telling everyone that I want!! Yeah!! I get so tired of everything falling out of my freezer in the fridge!

Merry Christmas!!!!
- jul
Old 12-24-2001, 11:31 PM   #13  

Jul: Yeah on the freezer. I know I said if I lived downstairs I would buy one. I have no place to put one. And my old refidge was so small I could hardly get anything in there.

I am waiting for the little one to fall a sleep. I am taking his legos and wrapping up his basketball tickets in them. Just to trick him. I know MEAN mom!!

I heard from my sailor today. He emailed me before he was off working. He is missing the ships holiday meal cause he has to work. So I will have to send him some cookies and stuff. He is from WI not to far from where I live. So I have been keeping him updated about what is going on here.

Not much else going on here. We stayed home for Christmas Eve. Watched the Fat Albert Christmas special. Ok I admit I taped it. I love Fat Albert as a kid. Some friends came over and we had a holiday drink together and made New Year's Eve plans.

My favorite Christmas song is on .... Do you hear what I hear?

Merry Christmas My friends!!!

P
Old 12-25-2001, 08:19 AM   #14  
Pink Thingy

Merry Christmas Everyone

From the UK Fat Chick who should be in the kitchen
Old 12-25-2001, 08:55 AM   #15  

Merry Christmas My Friends!

May you each have a wonderful day! May the Of Christmas Bless you and your families! May joy and peace fill our hearts and homes today!

To all our lurkers and families with love ones far away have a Joyous Christmas!!

And last but not least!!! THANK YOU !! To all who are serving our Courntry on this day and every day! I support you and comend you for all your sacrfice and hardwork.

Love
P

Closed Thread