Old 09-09-2006, 11:04 AM   #1  
Martha's losing on LAWL!

S/C/G: 204/146/135

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Question Magic Bullet Recipes

Hi everyone, I am fairly new to posting. I do recall in my lurking that someone (maybe Sommer?) has a magic bullet. I just purchased one and am looking for recipes besides the ones that come with it. I am not very creative and would like some OP ideas to use it. I'm so crazy, I just couldn't resist the infomercials and so I bought one at Target. Now I'm a little puzzled at what I'm gonna do with it since I can't eat all those yummy cheesy things they do on tv. I suppose I could manage to concoct a smoothie but to be honest I'm not much for smoothies...

Anyway, any ideas anyone?
mbfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 01:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/190/149

Height: 5'5"

I got a Magic Bullet a while back for the same reason, watched infomerical on a lunch break at work and HAD TO HAVE ONE! The only thing I've used it for so far is smoothies. I love smoothies. My favorite..
1 banana
3 or 4 strawberries
some fat free sugar free vanilla yogurt
a little orange juice
ice

They are great.
DebbieII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 01:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 146/138/125

Height: 5'5

I pretty much only use mine for smoothies too, its great for those.
I watched that infomercial for months before I couldn't take it anymore and had to have it.
Have fun
Ash15+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 02:54 PM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

Try the LA Smoothies.. They are REALLY, REALLY good, especially if you combine 8 oz ff fruit yogurt and/or 1 c frozen strawberries.

(2 FR or FR + D)

Of course, it is REALLY good and statisfying if you do all 3.

Another thing to try is the LAWL shakes (powdered...counts as a lite). Follow the direction and add frozen fruit (strawberries, berries) and it is VERY filling and satisfying.
space99s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 03:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I make tuna salad in mine all the time.

1 can of tuna
Little wedge of onion
1T RF mayo
Morton's Lite Salt
Pepper
Paprika
Dash of Garlic Powder

Use the small container and put the mayo in last so it gets through the tuna. You may have to pulse it on the bullet, then take the container and tap it on the counter to get all the stuff from the top down by the blades and pulse again. It take a few times, but you can pop the to go lid on it and take it with you.

We're zoo members, so we go every few weeks. I bring that with me so when everyone else heads to the snack bar, I'm set. Add a few baby carrots, some raisins, and a LaTortilla Factory 50 calorie tortilla for the tuna and you've got a great meal to go.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 09:02 AM   #6  
Martha's losing on LAWL!

Thanks all! I guess i need to develop a taste for smoothies ) The tuna salad sounds great too. I did venture out and make a chicken salad last night. It turned out pretty good. But I actually prefer tuna to chicken as a salad.

Any other ideas anyone? Thanks to all of you.

My weigh in Friday revealed a 0.6 gain. But i was off plan for a few meals last week due to the fact I went to a conference where the food was delicious and there were some rolls and potatoes that I couldn't resist!! Starches are my favorite but they are also apparently my downfall. The week before I was down 4.6 lbs! So its up and down for me. Just gotta hang in there.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:17 PM   #7  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

martha- Yes I was the one that had everyone talking about the magic bullets a while back :-) I've been very sick this past week, which is I didn't see your post until now. I barely left my bed let alone played online!

I do use mine for smoothies because they can be a sweet way to get in my fruit and some yogurt and they make me feel like I'm eating ice cream milk shake or something.

However I also use it for lots of other things. First I have to say that it does not work like it does in the commercials. So don't get discouraged when you have to shake it a little and hold it down for longer.

Some things I use it for:
-Tuna salad for sandwhiches. It makes it super smooth. I've started tossing in one wedge of garlic herb laughing cow cheese, a little light mayo and some garlic powder. It tastes great.
-Chicken salad. Same as tuna, it gets really smooth. I also like adding paprika, garlic powder, and chili powder to my chicken salad for an oomph. I'm going to try adding veggies to it sometime.
-Quesadilla insides. Cooked chicken breast or canned chicken, a little avacado, a little cheese, a little onion, a little tomato, whatever you want. Spritz with lime juice and then rev it a couple of times, but don't make it smooth, keep it chunky. Spray PAM on a pan and slap down a tortilla or half a tortilla depending on what you can have, add the insides from your bullet, heat until warm and crisp. Add a litle salsa if you can have it and either eat it open faced or fold in half.
-Salsa. I make my own salsa because we always have salsa and chips when friends are over and I get antsy that I can't have any. I make it with tomatos, onion, cilantro, a little hot chili paste or a jalepeno, a little green pepper, sometimes a small amount of avacado if I can have it, and sometimes some pineapple for a great sweet/spicy flavor. We sometimes get a sodium/salt free chip that I'll break a couple into small pieces and eat, but I also like it on toasted pita bread and with veggies.
-Omlettes. Last sunday we had people stay the night and I got up early and cut up fresh garlic, green onion, red pepper, tomato and and green pepper. Spray the (Small) pan with PAM and cook the veggies and garlic till they start to get a little soft. Add any spices your guest wants (I used red pepper flakes and some garlic powder and a little basil). In the mean time use your magic bullet to beat some eggs or egg beaters (For us!). I had 8 people so I went through a lot of eggs, but it makes the eggs really frothy and they go further. Pour the egg mix into the pan with the veggies and let it cook till it's not runny anywhere. You won't need much egg mixture. If you're feeling spicy, add some paprika and other spices directly into your magic bullet with the eggs. Add cheese and a little salsa and then flip the omlette over. So good.

There are lots others I use it for on the fly and I'll be happy to PM you with them as I think of them!
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:13 PM   #8  
Martha's losing on LAWL!

Thank you so much! I tried it last night with chopping up onions and green peppers for the Open face beef sandwich in the cookbook. You're right it doesn't work like on TV but it was quick and good anyway for what I needed. It is gonna take some practice. Your ideas are great. but how do you eat salsa without chips?

Please feel free to pm me if you have any other ideas!
Old 09-12-2006, 05:19 PM   #9  
Back-on-track!

Martha- If I'm absolutely craving chips, there's a family in my city that makes their own chips and they bag them and some of my neighborhood stores sell them. They are very low cal, low carb and they have them unsalted. My Boyfriend will buy a bag and I'll take a handful out, four or five and break them into smaller pieces so it feels like I'm getting more. I've also used a low carb pita half and broken that into pieces and count them like crackers. I also like my homemade salsa on my "taco" salads or fajitas.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:02 PM   #10  
FBD/8-18-08

While we're on the subject - I have a professional food processor and a professional blender. Both are standard size however much more powerful than the usual ones.
I saw the Magic Bullet advertized for $60 and was wondering if I would have a use for it. I love kitchen gadgets and I have a room full of catering equipment. Please offer your impression.
Thanks!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:38 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Pearl - I like the bullet for making individual servings of tuna salad, and individual smoothies. It's much easier with everything going into the cup you'll drink from. Also, I like it for grating fresh parmesan. However, I these days I usually use the Kraft reduced fat. Not nearly as good, but I'm into calories instead of quallity these days. LOL But I still chop the garlic by hand, and a lot of other stuff.

I don't know if I helped, but that's how I use it.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 09:45 AM   #12  
Back-on-track!

Pearl-
I don't know that you'd need it exactly..but it works a little different than both blender and food processor. I like it because I can make single servings of *whatever* I'm making and I never go over that way.

Last night my magic bullet and I had a big fight though because I was trying to make salsa and it was trying to make salsa soup. We squabbled, I won but then discovered I put way too much onion in it. Dang.