South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 11:12 PM   #1  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Planning to start SBD (hubby too!)

Hello Everyone!

My husband and I are both planning to start the SBD after I do a bit more research on it over the weekend.

A few years ago (before the big low-carb craze) we were on Atkins and did well while we followed it, but some personal trauma got us off it and we never went back. We've since gained back all the weight and then some. *sigh*

So, fresh start and I like the SBD for its examination of the different types of carbs, fats, etc. Seems like a more long-term doable way of eating.

Anyway, I'm off to explore this awesome site a bit more, but just thought I would introduce myself as the newest newbie of the group.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:32 AM   #2  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

welcome. I'm pretty new but i can tell you DH and I started SBD together on May 1. I've lost 32 pounds and feel great... he's lost twice that and feels good too.... it's a lifestyle change you have to commit to it for life but it works if you do.

i suggest you plan, read the book, plan some more... totally clean out your kitchen (we threw out 4 huge bags of trash) and shop. remember to have your beans and milk daily.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:57 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to The Beach. Please be sure to check out our FAQ Section! The Food List may be outdated in your book.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:45 AM   #4  
Michael Ann 1973

South Beach is Awesome. I am back after a year of silliness, but I lost 50 pounds when I did it before. It really isn't hard, in fact it is the easiest thing I have ever done. You have to think fresh, healthy, non-processed. You can do it!
Closed Thread