Old 09-05-2006, 10:00 AM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Chick Chat Sept/5 - Sept/10

Dd started a new school today, she wasnt sweating it at all...but ole mom is. I'll be happy when she gets home!!

Day 3 for me today.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 11:15 AM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi, I made it through the holiday with eating on-program. This was good after my lousy week last week. I didn't get to go fishing because it was raining.
Is anyone else a fan of playing Texas hold-em poker. I may enter a women's circuit event in Tunica, Mississippi for Oct. 1st. Just try my luck. First prize is $600,000 , I play on-line poker a lot and do pretty decent. Helps with my boredom. I am a lot better at it than my DH.
My DH leaves Sept. 16 th for his annual gulf coast deep sea fishing trip. He goes with 16 other men, most of them all family and friends and they have a blast. Has anyone else ever eaten shark? I tried some last year and it was very good.
My DD is home from school sick today. I hope she feels better soon. It seems every year when school starts, she gets sick right off the bat.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 06:43 PM   #3  
Lovin' Life

MsChris.....WTG on the inches lost!!
Old 09-06-2006, 10:05 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

mornin'
Old 09-06-2006, 12:06 PM   #5  
Baby Steps

School started and I'm trying to get into a routine. It'll be a week or so before I finally get into one. Eating is going well so far.
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 01:34 PM   #6  
lilybelle

WTG Brenda on the eating well. I am doing OK with mine too.
I went to physical therapy today for my foot and the PT lady said that after the nerve study this Friday that I will most likely be sent to a neurosurgeon. Whatever it takes, I want my mobility back.

Last edited by lilybelle; 09-06-2006 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:26 PM   #7  
Lovin' Life

1/2 way into day 4....Im doing alright. The withdrawals this time are a bit more intense! Ive stocked up on very filling foods, and it seems to be doing the trick.

I have noticed tho....even without the large amounts of water, Im still p'ing lots I did this on purpose, I needed to see if the water and this woe was causing my heartburn to be so bad. I decided, last night, nope, its got nothing to do with the water. I dont know what it is, but Im eating too many tums lately. Im going to have to check out the pharmacy and see what they have.

Routine certainly helps me Brenda, good going on staying op!!

Have a great day ladies
Old 09-07-2006, 01:48 PM   #8  
lilybelle

Good morning everyone. Great day today. The weather is getting so much nicer. I like the fall time. I'm thinking of planting hedges but don't know what types and want to find some that will survive the upcoming winter.
Robin, when I have heartburn the OTC pepcid ac work well for me. I have noticed a significant decrease in heartburn with this woe. However, I can't drink water soon after waking up, I have to wait til I've had some food to tolerate water. Good luck with this.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:52 PM   #9  
Lovin' Life

Evening

Lilly, thats what I bought last night. They had a small package, I figured Id try the 8pack before buying and spending lots on something that might not work that great. But so far so good! I took one before I went to bed, and only needed one extra tums........and I havent had any yet today. Life is good!!

Im really struggling today. I know its because TOM is coming, because Im craving large amounts of red meat!!! and SUGAR of course Dh wasnt home most of the day, so that made it alot harder. He is a great supporter!

Im struggling, and trying....I need to remember, just for today....and the day will be done.

Where is everyone today??
Old 09-07-2006, 10:45 PM   #10  
Walk/Low Carb Away Pounds

S/C/G: 190/178.8/170

Height: 5'3-1/2"

Ok - I have got to find Maggie - because I am experiencing the same issue she is and I am hoping she found a solution. I am eating on plan - not one cheat, exercising twice a day. I got on the scale this morning and I am up just over a pound. TOM is not due for another 12 days. I keep thinking to myself, "it is muscle from all the added exercise". I took advice I have given prior and I checked my measurements again.

My waist is still down from 41 to 39, and thighs are down from 24 to 22. Chest, Hips, Wrist, and Arm are the same. The fact my waist and thighs are down convinced me to go ahead and exercise again (once instead of twice today), but OMG, it is so depressing to see the scale going the wrong way!! I don't want to back down my exercise, but the scale is more encouraging than measurements.

I need motivation.
MsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:48 PM   #11  
Lovin' Life

did you just start adding the 2nd workout? if so, thats why. Give your body time to adjust, working out more, tells your body to hang on to water. Be patient....in a couple days Im sure you will see quite a drop.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:09 AM   #12  
lilybelle

Robin, I'm glad the pepcid is helping. It helps me.
Ms. Chris, I agree with Robin. Your muscles are probably retaining some extra fluid and you should see a nice drop soon. Losing weight is never linear, mine bounced all over the place but in the long run, it worked great.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:21 AM   #13  
Baby Steps

I've GOT to get it into my head that there's NO excuse for not eating OP!! Today I'm going to try and work some exercise in AND my water. It's back to being OP because quite frankly I wish I'd learn that eating junk just makes me feel like icky. UGH. Hopefully I can drink enough water today to make all the bloated feeling go away!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:20 AM   #14  
Lovin' Life

Im having trouble getting my water in too....certain parts are so bloated. I dont want to drink it

The withdrawals are alot worse this time, holysmokes! Im finally starting to see some improvement on a few things today tho. So thats good.

I didnt get any exercise in yesterday, but I will today....I promised to deliver some samples to a customer, and I'll have to walk, cuz dh is out most of the day. Should be a very nice walk

Have a great day ladies
Old 09-08-2006, 12:41 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

MsChris - Sorry, I've been MIA. Not very happy with myself lately and I tend to withdraw a bit.
No, i haven't found a solution! In fact yesterday I was so mad I had a croissant! TOday I am in a better frame of mind and am back on track. I have gone from 151 2 weeks ago to 154/155 yesterday.
I don't exercise all that much. I run on the treadmill everyother day for an hour. and I haven't been cheating except for yesterday.
only thing i can figure is that I was away for a month and didn't exercise. Maybe my body is doing what lillybelle and Robin said. To think i was approaching my final 10 and now I'm just about looking at 15 to go again. AHHH!! but I know that cheating will only make it worse so I'm going to hang in there. It HAS to move DOWN sooner or later. I guess my goal date of (?! will have to be moved to DECEMBER 1 at this rate! But I am so determined to get to my goal. Hang in there with me. THis too shall pass!
Maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote