Old 09-05-2006, 04:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/135/?

Height: 5'2

Default Here Again... Need Support

Okay gals/guys?... My name is Amy, I'm almost 28 and I use to frequent this site quite a bit a while back.. I'd say about a year ago. I really found it helpful. However, I got slack, lazy and unmotivated and stopped coming. This past February I became disgusted with myself. I'm only 5'2 and was tipping the scales at around 176. I decided to join a local gym and started eating healthier.. although I still indulged in a craving or two. I've managed to lose down to 142. I feel better, I'm sure I look better but honestly I don't know how to handle the newness of my weightloss. I haven't been in the 140's in over eight years and though I"m not focusing on losing weight as much as I am toning up the fat I still have which mostly lies around my mid section.. lovely. I've went from a size 14 to a size 9/10 but still have that hanging "jiggle" gut. I guess I just need some friendly folks to talk to who understand what I"m going through. I need people to laugh with and vent to when I'm feeling not so motivated. Hope I've found them in you!
Alora199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 04:49 PM   #2  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

Alora,
Welcome back! I'm new since you last left and there are many others too, I know everyone here has been helpful and understanding to me, i'm sure you will find the same support. Also, it sounds like you have done well, just keep it up!
denice81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 05:09 PM   #3  

Thanks Denice.. I'm trying to hang in there and stay focused. Right now I'm going by how my clothes fit rather than counting on the numbers on the scales to be in my favor. It really has been an uphill battle but I'm NOT going back to that person I was at the beginning of the year.. and the person I had become over the past six years. I've worked too hard to fail myself now. I'm trying hard not to dwell on the upcoming Winter and the holidays that tend to go hand in hand with a huge plate of food.. instead I'm going to try to up my water intake and increase my activity.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 238/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello! I just read your post about being able to get down to a size 8 Great job!! I am also 28 and I have a LONG way to go yet........
drake3272004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 08:24 PM   #5  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Hi Alora! Welcome back! I'm 29 & my weight was 180 when I started to lose weight.. I too am 5'2". Great job on your loss of both inches & weight! I can't wait until I get there! Keep up the fantastic work!
amb_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 07:49 AM   #6  

Thank you so much!! It really does help knowing there are others out there who understand. You know.. they say the third times a charm, but how about the thirtieth or the fiftieth?? I can't even count the number of times I've started and sabataged a weight loss effort. I've been a member of WW three times, I've taken every diet pill on the market including prescriptions and this is the FIRST time I've lost weight, and kept it off by doing nothing more than exercising and eating better. It's not easy b/c I lack willpower when it comes to anything sweet or fattening but if I allow myself a little every now and then I'm not as tempted to overindulge. The one piece of advice I can give anyone is to NOT give up. Even if you go on a week long binge and gain you have to look at the big picture and see how far you've come. A weeks worth of messing up does not undo months worth of hard work. You pick yourself up, dust yourself off and move on!
Old 09-06-2006, 10:46 AM   #7  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Alora,
You have come to the right place hun. We can all relate to how you feel and we really are a community, a support system and a great bunch of girls! Good luck!
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote