South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 02:13 PM   #1  

Default Hi!!

Hi!! I am back on SBD again - this time will stick with it - too many diets over the last five years to mention but for some reason, I feel differently this time. I think I might actually do this!! I was wondering, I am on my third week, (feel great - lost 10 pounds) could someone tell me if I am eating too much? The only thing I added back in was fruit.

Breakfast: Mock French Toast with three eggs, ricotta cheese, etc., Coffee with cream and splenda (Dunkin Donuts ROCKS!)
Snack: Cottage Cheese (1/2 cup) with four fresh strawberries, cut up.
Lunch: Strawberry smoothie - 5 frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup milk, 1/3 cup FF plain yogurt, ice, etc. and a salad with Creamy Ceasar Dressing
Dinner: Will have SBD Cola Chicken and Asparagus with Spray Butter.
May have another snack: may have either the warm brownie with cool whip or a breyers carb smart bar.

It sounds like alot of food and I'm so scared I'm going to screw this up because I added in fruit.

Last edited by weightylady; 09-05-2006 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Added my new ticker.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:49 PM   #2  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

hi i'm new to this forum but i've been on the beach since May 1. i was so scared to transition to phase 2... now it's a piece of 'cake'. my biggest problems is getting enough food in...
Old 09-05-2006, 03:11 PM   #3  
Michael Ann 1973

The thing that I see is the Strawberries with milk and yogurt and brownie or smart carb bar. I think maybe you should try and see what carbs your body will react to.

IMHO, I would not eat that many different carbs in one day until I know how I will react.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:20 PM   #4  

But I am on my third week. I was under the impression that milk/yogurt was something I could have from the beginning (2 cups). The only thing I've added is fruit. The strawberries. The warm brownie is everything I can have and the cool whip is part of my sweet treat. So, I don't really think I'm adding in more carbs, do you? I've realized after re-reading something that I should only add in one fruit serving, 3/4 cup of strawberries, and I guess that cut up, the strawberries were a little more than I should have had. I won't have anymore of them today, then. Everything else, I thought, was okay. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:24 PM   #5  
ONEderland here I come!

well i added one fruit per day the first week and that's it.

then i added one grain per day in addition to the one fruit the second week.

by the third week of phase 2 i had 2 of one thing and one of the other per day so either 2 fruits and one grain or 2 grains adn one fruit each day

by the 4th week of phase 2 (6 weeks on the plan) i was up to 2 of each per day.

now i have between 0 and 3 of each per day... i shoot for 2-3....
Old 09-05-2006, 03:27 PM   #6  

Okay, so the milk/yogurt is okay. I know that I have to have less than 2 cups, right?

So, it will just be one fruit per day until how I see how if affects me. Okay!
Old 09-05-2006, 03:31 PM   #7  
ONEderland here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weightylady View Post
Okay, so the milk/yogurt is okay. I know that I have to have less than 2 cups, right?

So, it will just be one fruit per day until how I see how if affects me. Okay!
you should have 2 cups of milk or yogurt per day that's correct... i sadly never get that much....
Old 09-05-2006, 03:37 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

to The Beach. Are you continuing to lose weight? If so, relax and enjoy. If not, perhaps you can run your food through www.fitday.com and see what the caloric balance looks like. That'll tell you if you are too high on carbs. Everybody is different.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:45 PM   #9  
ONEderland here I come!

the problem with doing something like fitday is that it does NOT take good fats into account and it will always show your fats as high....

and I dont' worry about carb count... i worry about eating foods on the allowable list and the proper portions and never being hungry. after all SBD is not about counting carbs....
Old 09-06-2006, 08:13 AM   #10  

I'm assuming the warm brownie is a South Beach approved version, right? Technically, I don't believe the Breyer's Carb Smart bars are allowed but it would depend on the ingredients.

I'm less worried about the amount of fruit that you are eating than I am by the lack of vegetables. Are you getting 4 1/2 cups a day? It doesn't look like it from what you listed. The asparagus is good and salad is okay although it isn't going to have much nutrition of it is mostly lettuce. Try adding a veggie or two with breakfast or as a snack. You might also want to add another veggie in with dinner unless you are eating several cups of asparagus. This has worked for me.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:20 AM   #11  
ONEderland here I come!

and remember if you can't stomach veggies at breakfast you can always have a glass of V8 (which I personally LOVE ice cold-- although some folks like it hot like soup)
Old 09-06-2006, 09:09 AM   #12  

Yes, the warm brownie is from a recipe here and I just figured anything carb smart would be okay. I am getting quite a few veggies, I don't eat the same thing everyday. I always have a big salad for lunch and sometimes I'll eat an entire can of green beans with butter spray and some garlic salt (yummy), in addition to what I eat for dinner.

Well, I've lost another pound, so, I'm just going to continue the way I'm going. I thought I was doing pretty good!! But I guess I need to try a little harder.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:14 AM   #13  
ONEderland here I come!

just remember that SBD is about GOOD CARBS and GOOD FATS.... it's eating healthy.. .carb smart stuff is over processed. I had to learn to read the ingredients of things to make sure it was usable...
Old 09-06-2006, 03:14 PM   #14  

Okay, can you tell me if what I ate today is okay??

Breakfast: Three eggs with 2 slices american cheese, coffee with cream and splenda 6 frozen grapes (love those!)

Snack: four pieces of celery with 1T peanut butter (I even measured!)

Lunch: 4 small pieces healthy choice ham lunchmeat and 1 cup of green beans with butter spray

dinner: never did eat the SBD cola chicken, so will have that tonight with asparagus and a salad.
Old 09-06-2006, 03:27 PM   #15  

Lets see.. so far so good... Make sure you get your 4 1/2 cups of veggies in --and some yogurt /milk for dairy.. Tomorrow maybe change up your meat with Beans...
Once you get comfortable with eating SBD style, try running your foods and portions through www.fitday.com to see how you can tweak it...but you are on the right track!
Closed Thread