Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 11:31 AM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Default Thursday Chatter for September

Hello, Hello, Hello,
We're so glad you found this thread. We are a group who wants to be healthier. We've all followed WW and some have tried other things.
Thursday is the day set for weigh-in. However, if you weigh on another day, you won't be thrown out.

I had set Labor Day as my goal to lose 5 pounds. It isn't happening! My scales are stuck, I'm stuck, something just isn't moving.

Everyone come on in and post!
Tina
Old 09-01-2006, 10:06 PM   #2  
Susan

Hi,
Tina, thanks for starting us off this month. It's hard to believe that it is Sept. already. How is Smokey? I'm not making my goal either.

Tammy, have fun with Tim!

Where is everyone? We miss ya'll

I going to focus on getting 20-25 pounds off before Christmas,
Old 09-02-2006, 11:22 AM   #3  

Hi gang! My weight is stuck too. I don't think my butterfly will ever move again. I start my water aerobics class this Wed. night, so maybe that will help.

We ended up bringing Tim home yesterday. The health dept. called to say that they had a meningitis vaccine reserved for him. They ran out this summer. They were only keeping it 2 weeks. Band was cancelled on Friday (3-5) since they had the football game Thurs. night. Tim got out of class at 1:00, we picked him up and made it to the health dept. before they closed. He stayed overnight here, and he'll go back later this afternoon. I made his favorite meal last night (meat loaf, scalloped corn). It was nice having him home even though I know he'll be leaving later today. Right now he is asleep. Kramer was very glad to see him.

They have another game next Saturday, so we'll see him next weekend too.
Oh, after the game Thurs. night, he and Jessica came over to our hotel to visit for a while. We drove them back to their dorms then.

Tina, I hope Smokey is feeling better soon. We all know what having a sick pet is like.

I would like to lose 12 pounds by Nov. 8. That's when I go back to the doctor, and that's how much weight he wants off of me. So far, it isn't happening. I've been walking so much, drinking lots more water, and doing well on food for the most part. I just stay at the same weight no matter what.

Kramer is napping. Bob is gone. Tim is napping. I should be napping too!!!
Old 09-02-2006, 03:13 PM   #4  
Susan

Tammy,
I'm glad that you made it back safely. Water aerobics should help you just relax over all.

I'm doing as little as possible this weekend. I'm hoping to get rid of this bug.

I need to do something to get going again. Maybe we should come up with a date and a total we want to lose. Even if it's a small amount. What do you think? I would like to be down 25 pounds by Christmas but I don't know if that is do able for me or not.

Well I'm off for a nap myself too.
Old 09-02-2006, 08:18 PM   #5  

Susan, when I was at the doctor the last time, he told me to lose 1 pound a week. That's why he chose the 12 pounds for me because it would be 12 weeks until my next appointment. I just don't know what to do. I do well for a while, then I blow it all terribly. I just need to get my mind set and do it! Easier said than done. Hope you will feel better after the weekend.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:40 PM   #6  
Susan

Tammy,
I am right there with you on losing weight. I try for a few days and then go back to my old ways. Wouldn't it be nice if we were all together and could help each other out in person.,..... or we would be going out to eat all the time I go back to the dr. Oct. 3, and would like to be down a little. I know that I lose slow but I would be happy with anything right now.

I feel like I've been sick forever. Pat said that I would probably feel bad for about a week or two. I sure hope not. I've done nothing today and plan on doing nothing all weekend.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:59 PM   #7  
Thursday Lady

Who wants to tell how they lose weight???
How do you get that pound a week off?
I'd love to hear what everyone has to say.

I have found that I can lose when, and only when, I drink 8 glasses of water every day. Unfortunately, I can't make myself do that every day.

Old 09-03-2006, 09:33 PM   #8  

Susan, I told you to get better!!!!! No week or two!!

It would be great if we could all get together and go to some health spa weight loss place. I'd want it to be free for all of us of course. lol

I drink water during the day, but lately I don't even know how much I'm drinking. When I'm at school I think I drink more because I always have a mug with me. I'm taking my little refrigerator to school this week. I plan to keep bottled water and healthy snacks there. Maybe that will help on the 3 days a week that I am there.

I have to do something!!
Old 09-04-2006, 12:10 PM   #9  

Unhappy

I bought a three liter bottle of water, and I tried to drink one full one a day. It is very hard for me, I don't ever drink liquid. Maybe a cup of coffee in the morning, then a 1/2 glass of diet pepsi with lunch. How bad is that? But I started taking a fiber supplement and it scared me into drinking at least 48 ounces which was a start...until my surgery. I haven't taken it since, and haven't drinken the water. I feel better and seem to lose weight also when I get that yucky water down....if you find a solution to getting the water down...........please do share.

Oh, and don't feel bad, my ticker isn't moving either.

This three day weekend isn't helping...
Old 09-04-2006, 01:00 PM   #10  

Maybe having a bottle of water that I know I had to finish by the end of the day would work. Or maybe not! I have a couple of friends who bought those Crystal Light single packs that they add to their bottle of water. Joyce said the strawberry kiwi is yummy. I've tried the lemonade, and I like it. Wonder if that would help?
I drink way too much diet pop, and I know that. I need to get my hubby to think healthy when he is doing the cooking. He's a meat and potatoes kind of guy, and that's a problem. You know, the potatoes also need gravy on them. Oh my!!!

I need to go fold some laundry. Hope your weekends are more exciting than that!!
Old 09-04-2006, 05:14 PM   #11  
Thursday Lady

Happy Labor Day!

I think those bottles of water help me drink, too.
Once in a great while, I splurge and buy some Perrier water bottles. You know, it's carbonated water. It's not really the taste of the diet drinks I crave, it's the bubbly stuff. That Perrier is great and doesn't cause retention. (Of course, it's too expensive to get.)
Dee, I think I missed something......what kind of surgery are you having???

We drove down to Galveston Island. Boy, it was crowded. We didn't go into the water, just parked and watched for a little while. Then, we went to Whataburger for hamburgers and came on home. I'm really tired. The traffic was slow coming home and it was just afternoon.

Old 09-04-2006, 08:25 PM   #12  
Susan

I don't really have a problem drinking the water. I do find at times that I will be drinking way too many diet dr. peppers and not water. I normally have a bottle of cold water when I get up (so that's 16 oz.) I like add just a splash of cranberry juice to it.

It's been raining here. Not a lot but a nice slow steady rain! Oh we need it so bad!!!

You guys need to sit down for this.... I rode my bike 30 minutes this morning and then 30 minutes again this afternoon. I've also decided that I'm going to join a gym this week. It's open 24 hours so I have no excuse. I have decided that I will ride my bike in the morning and then come home in the afternoon with the guinea pig. Then I'll feed animals and go exercise. I think that is the only way I'm going to get jump started.

Tammy, I like the idea of a few spa or resort! Let's work on it.

Tina, we went to the mall and it was so crowded that I just wanted to come home too. I hate crowds.

Hope you have had a great Labor day!
Old 09-04-2006, 08:26 PM   #13  
Susan

Isn't it horrible about Steve Irwin "the Crocodile Hunter."
Old 09-04-2006, 08:45 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

good evening everyone
Hope everyone had a great long weekend. I had to move saturday because they went and sold my apartment-I had to look for a place and pack before I went on holidays because when I got back there would only be 3 days until I had to move. Anyway, I've moved again and hopefully that's it for a while.
As for the water and drinking it, what I do is fill up a jug that I know holds 8 cups and drink from that. When it's done, I know I've had the amount I should have for the day. It works for me. I've been rollerblading yesterday morning and I just came in from another run. I'm telling you, I'm sure glad I started doing it I'm sure it's been a big help in getting the pounds off and keeping them off. Since february(when I quit smoking) I've managed to lose at least 28 lbs. so you can bet I feel fantastic about that
Susan, sounds like your heading in the right direction with the biking.
Tammy, I'm glad you were able to get together with Tim.
Tina, how's your Smoky? Did I tell you I got another kitten, that's 2 now and they keep each other company. I've named the new addition Casey, the other fella is Charley.
I should do some things around here so I'll say bye for now. Let's all stick to program.

maureen
Old 09-04-2006, 09:26 PM   #15  

Tina, I don't like the carbonated water, so I'll just drink the plain stuff. I do need to get away from the diet pepsi. I guess it's better than the real pepsi though. We ate at Red Lobster tonight. Grilled shrimp and salmon for me. I love baked potatoes with sour cream, but I had the vegies instead. Now that was a sacrifice. lol I also ordered water with my meal for once. Bob always does.

Susan, I drink water when I take my medicines in the mornings. I also drink it at dinner and before bed. I try to have water during the day at school. It's all of the time in between when I'm hitting the diet pepsi. Cranberry juice made me shiver. Tim loves it. Way to go on riding your bike!!!!!! That's the way to get motivated and get those pounds moving. I agree about Steve Irwin! How sad. Bob said that with all of the things that he has done over the years, he was surprised that he hadn't been killed before, or severely injured.

Maureen, I can't believe you had to move!!!! I think you were smart getting it out of the way on Saturday though. I used to have a WW mug that I think held the amount of water that you should drink during the day. I think it must have been sold at the auction. You are doing great with your weight loss!!! 28 lbs. is awesome!! And just since February!!! Woo hoo!!!
Glad that Casey and Charley get along!

Sticking to program sounds like a good idea. Drinking more water sounds like a wonderful idea for me. I'll try to do better tomorrow.
Weekends go pretty fast, don't they?
Closed Thread