Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2001, 05:50 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default #140 Frosty the Snow man

Hi all,
With the new forum set up we get to 2 pages sooner.

Well we are into December with the holidays just around thecorner. We have been in teh 50's most of the week here in Northern NY. Lots of rain, but when I start to whine I remind myself it could be snow . The new place I work not only has candy all over but people have been bringing snacks to help celebrate the holidays. My goodness!! This is the first holiday season I have been commited to losing weight( seriously) and what a bunch of self talk I have with myself. I am talking with myself most of the day. Thank God I am so busy at the job I am usually in a hurry.

One thing that I enjoy about the 100# club is you can do/post what ever works for you and get the support from someone out there. Early on I could barely put 1 day OP together. I think i read where Barbygirl 43 " apologized for what she thought" about people who were struggling. ( I respected the heck out of you for posting that, BTW) when she was first here. I know that after I re-joined I put weight on. It took alot to keep coming here. ANd posting. And right now I am doing OK. But I know that can go in a minute. I have lost only to put it back on. I am so afraid that will happen again. I am also a little afraid of making my goal. Because how do you go from making your goal to maintaing it? I know that this is a ways off for me. But I don't want to go "well I did it" like it something that I stop doing.

Well Girls It's hump day

Have a great day
Old 12-05-2001, 07:48 AM   #2  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Pat - be proud that you are not indulging in all these snacks people are bringing in to work. We don't need to celebrate the holidays but stuffing our faces because we know we will just feel worse.

Everything is okay with me. Drake slept through the night last night, FINALLY! I hope this is the start of something. My back actually hurts from laying in bed for more than 3-4 hours. I haven't slept this long in one stretch since before he was born. I've been going out for walks with him practically everyday and started riding my exercise bike too. I've even started drinking more water so I'd say things are looking up. I hope that the scale starts showing some results of all my hard efforts soon!

Take care all, have a good day.
Old 12-05-2001, 08:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 380/262/180

Pat, hang in there girl! Your doing great by saying "no" to all those treats. I can relate though, at my job there is a conference room that has leftover luncheon food EVERY day. It's not even 20 feet away from me, and I can smell the yummy food for nearly three hours. So hang tough, and "just say no!"

Jen, that's great that the baby is sleeping!!! It's so hard to feel good and strong with little sleep, but it sounds like your doing great. Hope he does it again tonight!

Weighed in today at 298.5. I was 300 yesterday. I think this first week will show rapid loss, but only because my body is so unused to a healthy lifestyle. I'm sure it will taper off very soon.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Michelle
Old 12-05-2001, 02:48 PM   #4  

Hello everyone. It's me..MIA for way too long. No excuses, no stories and no whyning. Personal issues fogged my view of what really mattered to me again...me and my health. So, am back. I dragged myself in here today, crying and fighting. Do you believe the other day I actually caught myself trying to convince myself that I would be "ok" with being the size that I am?????

So, am here.

1fralick...There is not much I ca say today..but I can give you a hug. *HUGS* we will get through this.

Hi everyone
I've missed you all and hope your well.
Old 12-05-2001, 03:37 PM   #5  
sam

Default Wow Its Been Way To Long

Hello everyone, for those of you who don't know me, I was one of the original for this message board.

I am still alive and kicking, have been lurking here, but not posting.

My weight loss effort went for the downslide, although I was still paying WW money every week, just not doing to well. The hardest five pounds I have ever had to lose (no fault of my own). I kept saying I was going to quit, but if I did that I know for a fact that I would have gained big time, so this way didn't gain anything just kept playing with 5 lbs.

In the past few weeks I have a small attitude change (along with a doctor telling me to lose weight). I am proud to say I am now down 7.5 lbs.

We bought a treadmill in November and I love it. Sears had their Nordic Track treadmills on for half price, so instead of paying over $3000.00 for a treadmill, we only paid half of that and got a good treadmill.

I found that when my kids were asleep in the afternoons, I was bored (if you can believe that)(for those of you who don't know I have a boy 3 and boy/girl twins 2) All I wanted to do was eat, so now I get my butt on the treadmill and do my workout.

I have lost inches since doing this, actually 3" on my waist. So even though the weight isn't coming off, the inches are going down.

Well I hope to get in here often and not just lurk. I miss everyone, you are all an inspiration to me and helpful on my journey.

Take care - Sandy
Old 12-09-2001, 01:43 PM   #6  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Sandy welcome back!!! It looks like we got here aobut the same time.

You seem to have a good start to beoing back ontract so keep the ball rolling. LOL this is the hardest time to try to get back op and stay OP for those OP, but i figure that if i can get through this month lith no loss or little loss i will have succeeded.

all is well at my house the kids are pains and difficult but it is december what do i expect???
Old 12-10-2001, 05:48 AM   #7  
Work in Progress

Hello everyone and Happy Monday.

I am having difficulty getting into the holiday spirit. I haven't any kids which I think makes it difficult. I am a baker by hobby. ANd in the past would bake(eat) give ( sample) many gifts from the heart. And am having trouble with this. So am unclear as to waht I am going to do. Although I am leaning toward flowers. But change is hard and I know I am unable to have cookies in teh house etc. I caved last week one day with teh everpresent candy at work. ANd had 4 pieces thru out the day. I was not coping with my stress very well. But I am back on track ( PMS doesn't help) this week. AS they say just say no LOL. I aslo only got 2 out of 5 days worth of worlout in. My worst week in months. . ALot of this is I am very hard on myself setting very high standards for myself and then beating myself up when I don't reach them even though they were out there anyway. "I am woman hear me roar",
And after our other discussions I am sure that I am not alone. Well I will move on teh individuals, Thank you for letting me vent.

Jen Congrats on that night's worth of sleep!!!! Forgive me but is Drake your only child? He probably is facinated by the X- mas lights ,but next year he'll be more into it. Great job on teh water. Thanks for teh support

Michelle, Thank you too, although I caved that 1 day. Congrats on being in the 200"s. And you are a goddess for smelling luch all day and not caving. Can't the "smells" play awful mind games on you?

Jennifer, I think of you often. All that you gave of yourself as you were working on your weight loss journey. The support , kind words, encouragement that you so freely gave to people here. I try to model myself after you in that respect because I got so much from raeding what you post and I believe that in order for a person to "keep" something they must give it away. Now I think that you need to be teh recipient of all that so you can get back on your path. Time to heal, dust yourself off, find out who you are now because all the changes in your life you are a new you. For right now try to commit to stopping in everyday to read, check in and let us give you what you so freely gave us so we can help you and support you, pretty soon you will be walking on your own! I send you a big hug. We got you girl

Sam, Welcome back. I wondered where you had gotten yourself too. Congrats on teh weightloss so far that is awesome! I got a treadmill a few months ago and i love it!! I must admit taht ireally haven't used my bike or stairstepper much since then. Al;though I should shake things up a bit. I am glad taht your"attitude cahnge" brought you out of lurkdom!! We need each other!!

Hey Sue, The holiday times certainly make this journey more of a challenge!! With ePB cravings are you getting enough protein? Your body may be trying to tell you something

Well girls I am off to the w/o room. Gonna start this week off right!
Old 12-10-2001, 06:09 PM   #8  

Hi all-

I am still here- not posting very much. My life is pretty boring now since I am stuck at home and am on the feedign tube. Now it is just a waiting game to see if my stomach will start working right sometime. I actually had 4 ounces of watered down juice, an ounce of applesauce and a few animal crackers that stayed down yesterday. Never thought I would be this excited about eating- lol. I better watch it of little Drake will be eating real food before I do

I did get denied for Medicaid- they said my impairment wasn't expected to last a year- terrible irronic to get that just days before my one year anniversary of the start of this stomach disorder. It is hard to believe that a year has gone by, not that I will be celebrating when Friday comes around. I never thought that nausea could last this long- the chronic nausea is harder to deal with then my chronic knee pain in a lot of ways. It is interesting to see how my weight does change throughout the month even though my intake doesn't very much. I can also tell if I don't get all my water in (have to take it in through my feeding tube still for the most part)- seems if I don't get my daily allotment my weight goes up as my body start hording all the H2O it can. It takes several days of getting back on track with my water intake to balance back out again on the scales.

Christine
Old 12-10-2001, 10:58 PM   #9  
beautiful

Hello Everyone!! I hope you all are enjoying your holidays. I am still here and exhausted! I am doing good though. I think I have already lost all the pregnancy weight. I weighed at my aunt's house tonight and her scale said 228 and i was at 242 when i got pregnant and 266 when i delivered 2 weeks ago. Dillon is getting used to having Bryleigh around but he is still a bit jealous. I haven't been on in a long while. between taking care of my babies and keeping everything in order around the house there isn't much time for anything else. But bry is a very good baby and sleeps really good. you would think i'd be sleeping too but her schedule and dillon's schedule clash BIGTIME. LOL

Christine---i would get a second opinion on the medicaid. dillon got denied the first time too and they made the decision without looking at all his medical records. i was furious.

1fralick--- if you enjoy baking so much what do you think about baking something to take to your local nursing home or children's home? or one of those food basket places? i would love to be able to do something like that!

Jenniffer--- i used to tell myself i was "ok" with myself the way i was all the time. and i would say "as long as i dont gain anymore weight i'll be fine" uh... that was about 100 pounds ago. LOL
you'll do fine!

sorry i dont have replies for everyone. it's bedtime for us (hopefully i can get them both to sleep at the same time)
Old 12-12-2001, 08:05 AM   #10  
Jen

Morning all. How is everyone doing? Are you all ready for Xmas? I'm almost there, all the decorations are up, cards are done and half of the shopping is done. Hopefully I'll finish the rest today. I like to start early in the day and quit by noon because after that the malls are packed.

jkfla - congrats on the baby girl! I'm glad to hear that things are getting back to normal and you have lost almost all your pregnancy lbs. I still have 8 to go.

christine - wow I can't believe it has been this long, I guess you can't either, that you've had these difficulties with your stomach. Can you exercise at all? I've gotten back on my bike but I'm starting very slow, I started with 10 minutes and have worked my way up to 25 minutes.

Pat - I know exactly what you mean when you say you can't have candy in the house. I broke down and was going to bake some cookies and had bought some candy for them and ended up eating the candy before I could make the cookies. It is probably just as well as I would have eaten most of the cookies myself anyway. How did your weight training go? I just got my weight bench set up again yesterday so I'm ready to start that too.

Sandy - congrats on the weight loss and the inches lost. It is a great achievement!! I hope we'll see you more often, we need your motivation!

Jenniffer - we've all had those days thinking, well I don't really look that bad and I'm healthy otherwise so why am I knocking myself out to lose weight? I get very frustrated when I feel like I am working so hard and doing everything right and the scale isn't moving. Eventually it will move and in the right direction! Start with something small, say drinking your water. You were the water queen! Once you've got that back then you can move on to something else. You can do it!

Take care all. Everyone keep their paws out of the cookie jars and boxes of chocolates! why oh why does WalMart put their chocolates on sale?!?
Old 12-12-2001, 09:54 PM   #11  
New Mommy!!

Hello!!
It's been too Long.... I'm Sorry.
I have taken a part time job in a clothing store to support my clothing habit. LOL
I've been doing really good, I have lost 188lbs in 8 months and I have dropped 9 dress sizes. It's unbelieable!
I hope to get a scanner for Christmas and then I can post pictures.
The adoption is a Go!! China approved us and now we wait for our refferal. We will go Oct/Nov of next year. So we wait, and I have started shopping for baby things and getting her room ready.

I hope everyone is doing well. Christine you poor thing you have been through too much! I hope 2002 is a better year for you.
Jennifer.... you've had a bad year too!! Hang in there Girl! A new year is just around the corner!! Pick yourself up and dust yourself off and move forward!! Congrats to all the New Babies!! I hope you Girl are remotivated and pushing forward!

Hello to everyone and I promise to be better at posting!!
Is Pippy still Here??

Gotta run!!

Derby
Old 12-17-2001, 08:52 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 380/262/180

Wink

Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't been posting much lately. Final exams kept me busy for awhile... then got sick... (still fighting it too!).

Don't have much to report weight wise. At 299 right now ... the holidays are always so hard. I will try my damnest not to go back over 300, but we shall see.

Have had a bit of trouble sleeping lately... maybe it's the holiday stress, but I'm not sure. And as ya'all know, bad sleeping habits make for bad food choices and exercise... and vice versa: no exercise can cause bad sleeping habits! Go figure!

I hope everyone is doing well... and fighting the Holiday Fat Gods with a vegenance!

See yah later!

Michelle
Old 12-19-2001, 01:53 PM   #13  
Jen

Hi all. I guess no one has been posting very much lately. Everyone busy trying to get ready for Xmas? Me too. It has really disrupted my exercising and I've really been eating too many goodies. I hope things are back to normal by next week. Take care all.
Old 12-19-2001, 05:27 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 320/210/180

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Good day all. I am here to report how I am doing. Baby is getting bigger and boy it don't like a full bladder. Kicking all the time. I have lost about 5 pounds since I got pregnant. I still have nightmares of going into early labor. I hope it gets better as the time goes on. I am at 7 months right now entering the home stretch. I can't believe it either. 12 weeks to go. My next appointment is in January then I should start every 2 weeks. I am at the stage of the pregnancy that I was told you gain 10 pounds. I hope I don't gain that much. I know I am doing good. I will post more later I need to go because my husband is waiting for me in the car to pick me up from work. We are down to 1 car.
Old 12-19-2001, 07:09 PM   #15  
beautiful

icewoman- i was JUST thinking about you last night. i was wondering how things were going for you. i kept losing weight when i got pregnant too but i was about 25 weeks along when i finally started gaining weight. i ended up gaining 24 lbs but i have lost 40 since i had her (11-24).
but i am ran ragged every day all day. LOL keep us posted. i can't wait to hear about it!!!
Closed Thread