UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2001, 09:26 AM   #1  
Mistress Of My Destiny

S/C/G: 355/219/159

Height: 5ft 5.5

Default Hello from 1 fat chick in England #3

Hi everyone

well I'm trying to sneak in here quietly. I'm in disgrace and totally ashamed of myself.
This weeks weigh in was a really bad one I gained 3lbs.
It is TOM and I would dearly love to be able to blame that on the weight gain, but I am sure that most of it is probably due to the bad weekend I had last week. I have been good since then, but I have still gained weight. I could make all the excuses in the world for it, but where would be the point...I know I cheated and the scales is just proving it to me. I have to accept the consequences of my own actions.
See I told you all I wasn't such an angel after all
The main thing is that it is done and I can't change that, but I can stop it happeneing again. I am totally focussed again now and determined this week will not be repeated again.
I am going to a wedding in february, I have a beautiful suit hanging in my closet, that I want to be able to wear...as yet it is still way too small for me, so I can't afford to let myself slip up again before this wedding otherwise there is no way I will be in that suit....Well I guess that takes care of my next goal to focus on

Hope you are all having a good week and have a great weekend.

Ali
Old 12-17-2001, 08:11 AM   #2  

Hello

Ali don't feel bad you have done SO well 3 measly pounds is nothing unless you lose that much then it is a BIG deal

Sarah I saw your post on #2 so I posted that we'd moved again! Presents for a 7 year old...Harry Potter stuff? Brooklyn Beckham went to see that and he's only about two! I think his parents couldn't sit still for that long let alone him! My nephews are 13 and 16 god they are so old all they like is football and noisy bands and computer games (I like all those things myself actually!)

I have finished my christmas shopping hurrah!

I did well (for me) not drinking last week 6 whole days a record for december spoilt it on saturday drank loads woke up on the settee at 3am nearly fell on my sister and dog who were asleep on the floor I was a bit drunk.
Old 12-17-2001, 08:17 AM   #3  

Present idea!

Steps CD is perfect for a 7 year old girl surely! They all like Steps don't they?
Old 12-17-2001, 10:20 AM   #4  
7 of 9 wannabe

Hi

Thanks for the ideas, Veggie. Harry Potter is a good idea - I know he has read some of the books so he must be keen. I think we saw a Harry Potter CD Rom game, which might be a good idea for the 9 year old - he loves computers. I think that might be more parent friendly than the walky talky thing.

I don't know about the Steps CD though - I don't know which ones she has got already (if any). I think your idea is a good one though - I will go and see if I can find a Steps or SClub7 video because she is less likely to have one of those. What other bands might a 7 year old like?

Ali - we all go off the rails occasionally, but I think you have done the best thing you can by re-committing yourself as soon as you realised what you were doing. I am sure that suit will fit you by the time of the wedding.

What do you think caused you to eat too much? I'm interested because I just can't seem to get motivated at the moment. I am hoping that once Christmas and my hospital visit is over and there aren't any more planned interruptions I will be able to concentrate harder.

Veggie - well done for not drinking for six days. I'm glad you didn't hurt either your sister or her dog by landing on them.

Delaney - where are you??? Are you OK?????

Isn't it amazing how many hits this thread has had!!!! Its strange to think of all these people reading our conversation.
Old 12-17-2001, 11:17 AM   #5  

Blue? Westlife? Steps have a greatest hits out with matching video Hearsay have a live video out I saw a bit on tv sounded absolutely awful! I'm embarrassed to know these things obviously...smash hits probably have a compilation out...

I'm just happy I've finished present shopping!
Old 12-17-2001, 03:38 PM   #6  
Mistress Of My Destiny

S/C/G: 355/219/159

Height: 5ft 5.5

Hi everyone

Well done veggie on the 6 days without drinking I know what you mean about 3 lbs being nothing really...Before I started dieting I could easily put on up to 7lbs at TOM, Since I started dieting tho the most I have gained and that was only once near the beginning was 4lbs.....So with the combination of it being TOM last week and the overeating at the weekend, I'm not really that worried about it...I know I can lose it quickly so long as I saty motivated and just carry on as I was before.
I think you are right about the Harry Potter stuff for christmas presents too... I have loads of nieces and nephews ranging from 4 to 14 and they all want Harry potter stuff.

Peachy I can only blame lack of focus and becoming a little too complacent on eating too much. There was so much else going on in my life over the past few weeks and as it was TOM time too, I suppose my willpower was just stretched to the limit. And maybe also I was starting to feel as though I was invincible and I knew it all....Well it just showed I am not and I don't

I'm quite pleased that since I first started this diet that is the first time it has happened, I would always turn to food before when I was depressed, and I would never just be able to stop myself and get back on track, but this time I have...it was 2 days ...and now I am back into my regular routine...I have to admit that I think having lost so much weight already has been a big help in getting back with it...I know it looks as though I have been finding it really easy, but there have been plenty of times when I have struggled, but have managed to stick at it and I really don't want all that effort to have been a waste of time.

The year 2002 is the year I finally want to see the me that I know has been hiding for years underneath a whole lot of unwanted fat, and I know I can do it. I'm determined not to let last weekend spoil it for me

This week has started off really good, I almost feel as though I am starting all over again because I have found a new determination and motivation. So maybe having a slip up like that has done me some good

Ali
Old 12-17-2001, 07:09 PM   #7  

Hi guys

My, you've been busy...

Anyway twice I've tried to write to you today and twice I've lost everything - I don't know what happened. Will write again tomorrow as I'm too tired now - goodnight all.
Old 12-18-2001, 03:08 AM   #8  
7 of 9 wannabe

Hi Everyone

One more week to go!!!!

Delaney - does your computer keep crashing? Mine was doing that a lot before I had to reformat it. It was so irritating to do a long post and then have the computer crash, so I sympathise completely.

Veggie - I have never heard of Blue?? This all makes me feel SO old! I talked to Kevin who's more up on these sorts of things than I am and he says he thinks that the Steps greatest hits video would probably be best... so I have got yet another shopping expedition today. I can't wait....

The reason I am a bit p****d off is that Kevin's family have invited themselves over for Boxing Day - 8 adults and the two monster kids! So that's 11 adults and 2 kids for lunch, plus a very excitable dog. Kevin has only got Christmas Day and Boxing Day off and we were hoping for a nice relaxing two days, so instead of a very simple meal on Boxing Day, I have now got to produce something a bit more special. Both the kids are addicted but allergic to drinks like Coke - and for some reason their mother always brings a huge bottle of it with her when they visit. They start off as fairly nice kids and after a glass or two start tearing through the house destroying anything nice. Its Kevin's sister's kids, so I think he should say something - and he things it would be better coming from me.... so I doubt anything will get said at all - AGAIN!

I suppose it could have been worse, they could have decided to surprise us like they did a couple of years ago - one or two surprise visitors are OK - but such a large number was completely dreadful - and I didn't get the chance to hide all the breakables.

Ali - you have got a huge amount going on in your life and so much to worry about - so its not at all surprising that you can't remain focused on your diet all the time. Go easy on yourself until your home life is a bit more stable - you really don't need any more pressure/stress than you have got right now. I hope everything settles down for you soon.
Old 12-18-2001, 02:03 PM   #9  

Right, I'll try again...

Hi everyone. Kids break up tomorrow - yippee - NOT

Ali - I was going to "write" about you putting on 3lbs but it seems to me like you've got it covered!!! I have such a cheek even being here - I reckon I'm now back to where I was this time last year (about 17.7)

Well, I thought I'd finished shopping until I sat down this morning in peace (no kids) and realised I'd forgotten to buy Dave I decided to hand out Christmas cards to kids and hubby last night only to find out he'd not bought me a card 'cause he's going to paint me one - A LIKELY STORY.

Veggie - thanks for the dog website - it was great, our top dog was, wait for it, A TOY POODLE - no way. Our second was your favourite, a bichon frise (whatever that is). I told a couple of friends last week about the doggy questionnaire and I had to give them the address - everyone seems to want a dog at the moment.

Sarah, the Steps video sounds like a good choice. I thought it was funny what Veggie said about the Hear'say live video - time to feel sorry for me now - I was actually in that very audience!!!!!!
Yes, that's absolutely true - I took 3 kids too and got ripped off by buying some flashing light stick thing at £5 a pop. It was awful.

I feel sorry for you Sarah, having to put up with so many visitors - particularly when you've only got the 2 days off. Could you not reorganise it? We go (or rather we are summoned) to my parents for 3 nights - sometimes I wish we could have Christmas here but it's just not worth arguing with my parents, brother, grandparents etc - Dave always says I shouldn't moan about having to go away for Christmas because it's free Typical man.

Anyway I am a single parent again tonight and the kids are in the bath - better go and get them - there's a film on at 9 I want to watch - a Christmassey love story - all together now... aaaahhhh!
Old 12-19-2001, 03:58 AM   #10  
7 of 9 wannabe

Hi Everyone

I am feeling very guilty about what I posted yesterday. Yes, Kevin's niece and nephew are a very hyperactive after a glass or two of coke, but generally they are really a wonderful family - a bit like that TV programme 'The Darling Buds of May'! They are so nice - but a bit different to what I am used to. I come from a family which would never DREAM of even walking in to a room without knocking - but Kevin's family will happily turn up unexpectedly, then wander round to the back door and just let themselves in. I can't tell you what a shock it is if you think they are a couple of hundred miles away!!

At least this time they have given us some warning - yes, I suppose I could be forceful and just say 'no' - but they aren't doing this to be nasty - far from it - and they are so warm and friendly themselves (mostly) it would be like smacking a small child for giving you a chocolate covered cuddle - if you see what I mean.... The only one who doesn't fit in with the rest of the family is Kevin's sister - she has got enough nastiness for all of them.

Delaney - have you never been able to have a Christmas at your own house? I think I would go nuts if we had to go away every year - I can't sleep when I am away from home, so I know I would have a dreadful time, so I insist that we at least sleep in our own bed. Which, I suppose, is why Kevin's family are visiting us......

Well - Kevin got the Hear'say video - Woolworths had sold out of virtually everything else! We are going to have to do some fast running around at the weekend - Kevin's mum rang again and said they have all got pressies for us AND Vicki, so we have got to go and find pressies for all of them....
Old 12-19-2001, 07:13 AM   #11  

Hi

Oh I'm so jealous seeing Hearsay live WOW! No one can sing and dance at the same time can they that is the problem with teen bands everyone expects them to do both!

Bichons are the best dogs only problem is they cost about 300 - 400 quid! I have never met one I did not want to dog nap when I first saw one I did laugh though!

Sarah we understand you can ***** about family does not mean you don't LOVE them really (puke) Sounds a bit of a nightmare so many people though I could not cope with it.

A miserable looking bichon
Old 12-19-2001, 09:12 AM   #12  
7 of 9 wannabe

Veggie - How do you do that with the pictures???

Old 12-19-2001, 11:22 AM   #13  

Sarah when you post you click on attach file them browse to a picture stored on your computer then just post as normal they have to be gif jpg jpeg or txt files.

Have you seen Suzannes post at the calling uk buddies thread? A UK forum! I think that would be pretty good!
Old 12-19-2001, 01:13 PM   #14  
7 of 9 wannabe

Thanks, Veggie. This is a nice one of George.
Old 12-19-2001, 01:15 PM   #15  
7 of 9 wannabe

.... and this was him when he was a baby. Wasn't he cute! Ahhhhhhhhh!
Closed Thread