Old 08-27-2006, 03:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 268/235/195

Height: 5'6"

Default New to group and re-gaining weight and fast

Hi,

I'm new to the group--I came upon you by accident. I've been with LAWL for almost 1 1/2. I've lost weight, regained, lost, regained, lost...you get the idea. Well now I'm regaining again and fast. A week ago I did T/O and did good--lost 4 lbs--but now I'm back to eating junk food--all the time. I have a very hard time staying motivated (I didn't when I first started the program)--not all the staff at my LAWL center is very helpful or motivators--they just keep asking me if I have any thing difficult coming up...Yeah--not eating 24/7--everyday is a battle. I know you have probably heard that and you probably go through it yourself--that's why I'm hoping joining a group like this I will meet people that go through the same things I have. I've been battling my weight my entire life--big time YOYO--I've even lost 130 lbs on my own and regained it all back--but stress gets the best of me and I turn to food--always have always will. Any support will be helpful..Please...Thank you!!!

Mommy of 2

PS Hope I've done this right--I've never done this before--let me know if I'm not doing it correctly.
Mommy of 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 06:37 PM   #2  
ROSIE

S/C/G: 212/165/165

I'm fairly new myself. Looks good to me. Hope we can help you get back on track,
impala girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 07:18 PM   #3  
FBD/8-18-08

Mommy of 2 - We've gotta turn that frown beside your name to a smile Girlfriend!
As for the staff at COD, find one you like and ask for them when you get there. Schedule your WI's on their schedule if possible. They are there to help you but you've got to help yourself, so if you don't like dealing with some of them, take charge! You are the customer!
Now, as for yo-yo'ing. OH YEAH! I've done since I've been OW. Lose 30 gain 40. Lose 100 gain 120, yada, yada, yada. But those days are over for BOTH OF US!!!
I must admit that I've only been doing this 3 weeks, but almost almost 15 lbs later, I'm still doing it! You are not alone. Come here often! You'll hear everyone's battles, success stories, and yes, some frustrations. But we all 'em and we might as well be real about it!
At least here you'll find the support you need, the advise of many who have been where we are and have lost and prove that this WOE works!
Make up your mind that this is the day, the minute, the MOMENT when YOU (and only YOU) change your way of eating FOR YOU (and ONLY YOU). You will add days, months, years to your life and you'll be here for those two babies! (My two babies are teenagers!) WE ARE WORTH IT!!!
Now lastly, make notes from this posting cause I'm sure I'll need to be reminded of it eventually!
And by the way - YOU'VE LOST 51 LBS!!!!! (for pete's sake!)
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 11:17 PM   #4  

wow reading your post was like reading my own mind! I haven't even posted here since the week I joined 6 wks ago. I just lurk sometimes. Because every week I lose, then regain. I can't seem to stay OP. Or I will stay OP all day and then pig out at bedtime which is SOOOO bad I know! So maybe we can help eachother. Know you are not alone!

Kindra
ps. I need to make a ticker still!
KindraD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 02:06 PM   #5  

Prazteam

Thank you for words of encouragement, but I still haven't found that moment.

Mommy of 2
Old 08-29-2006, 02:08 PM   #6  

KindraD

I stay OP for a few days but than I binge eat for weeks--and I'm on my binge eating now and I need to get off--I was down to 187 but I'm back up to 235--I HATE this weight loss roller coaster!!!!!
Old 08-29-2006, 06:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 234.4/199/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy of 2 View Post
KindraD

I stay OP for a few days but than I binge eat for weeks--and I'm on my binge eating now and I need to get off--I was down to 187 but I'm back up to 235--I HATE this weight loss roller coaster!!!!!
Been there. For me the binge eating thing starts off with one thing off plan, and then you figure, well, I might as well blow the whole day... then the day turns into a week and before you know it you are back to where you started or even further behind.

Some things that have helped me:

a. Don't buy it or keep it in the house if you can't eat it. If someone else wants it, let him/her go out and buy it. (an exception is the kids, but then again, you can use your eating habits to get them to eat better).
b. Don't go shopping alone if you can't stop from buying stuff you can't eat -take someone with you who is a support so that you don't put stuff in the cart you shouldn't be eating.
c. Think about whether you really, really want the thing that is off plan, or whether you are eating because of stress, anger, sadness or being tired. Some think drinking a glass of water helps too because it fills you up. If you want the thing for stress, anger or sadness, try doing something else for a half an hour... take a short walk, a bath, meditate with some music on, try on some clothes that you want to fit into, call a friend, play with your kids or check out the posts here. Avoid going into the kitchen. Make a pledge to yourself that you won't go into the kitchen for at least a half an hour.
d. Set up minigoals. Maybe your first goal would be to be POP for one day, then a weekend, then a week.
e. Preplan or prepare your meals in advance. My worst downfall is figuring out what to eat at 6:00 p.m.- that's when I used to get the pizza, McDonalds, etc.
f. Think about how good you will feel when you lose weight.

It is struggle because we have to eat to survive. But visit here often. There is a lot of support here and lots of good ideas to share.
Cheekyamero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:35 PM   #8  

Cheekyamero

Great advice--I know the stress and anger get me all the time--I say who cares and I head to the kitchen to eat half a package of cookies, and than the chips, and than chocolate (that's a big down fall for me). I like the idea of preplanning--it works for me because I've used it in the past. I need to set down and plan out a menu for a month--I know you might say just do a day or two days--but I hate menu planning--and as long as I'm setting down to do it I might as well get a month out of the way. I will than do my grocery shopping from my menu. It's worked in the past--but I just don't find time to sit down and do the menu planning. I have two little ones and I am a childcare provider, so there is little time for anything else.
I know the day is coming when I will say enough is enough. Just the few responses I've gotten so far has helped soooooo much--Thank you all so much. I guess I'm that type of person that needs alot of "pats on the back"--"way to go". Am I a self absorbed person???

TTFN

Mommy of 2
Old 08-29-2006, 09:02 PM   #9  

Actually Mommy of 2 you are not self absorbed, I think that you put yourself last. What is going on in your life to make you so frustrated that you feel you have to binge----Is there something else that is in your life that you are having a hard time controlling? Because I find that if one thing gets out of my control I just give in totally. But not this time, it is my health and I will not be buried in a doublewide casket.

I believe in you and I know that you have the strength to say Enough is Enough! No More, this time I am not letting any thing or anybody get in my way.....You deserve to be skinny and so do I. It does not matter what diet it is, you have to say oh no thank you it is not in the way I want to look-I posted an actual picture of me on my avatar and that was a big huge step for me because now it is out there for everyone to see and I have been stuck for about 10 days but nothing is stopping me this time.

OK now that I feel like I lectured you real good like a Mom. Feel free to Private Message me I am in Vegas so I am always on in the evenings. I am sending you some of my strength for today---because we HAVE to take it one day at a time, one hour at a time, and sometimes even one minute at a time. Remember that anyone can do anything for an hour then build from there.....Lots of Luck and Hang in there.

Bernadette
thnknthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:35 PM   #10  

The thing out of control in my life is my weight. When I have that in check I feel I can do anything. I feel I have control of everything in my life. When I can't control my weight or I should say my eating it's just a downward spiral from there. I know I know--I can control it if I want to and I do want to--but sometimes I feel like food controls me--if that makes sense. If I'm dieting and I am doing good--loosing weight--than I feel like I'm in control--but not really because it is taking everything I have to resist not eating anything I want--and I am literally exhausted at the end of the day from keeping myself in check--food is controlling my life. If I'm not doing good--gaining weight--I am so frustrated and I hate myself--I belittle myself so bad when I "cheat"--once again food is in a sense controlling my life or controlling me. I wish I could just have a normal life--with a normal weight--not have to count everything that I put in my mouth--just eat a normal meal--maybe have a dessert--be able to splurge and not hate myself for it. But for me it is all or nothing. It is dieting all the way or cheating all the way--there is no happy medium. Oh sure I'm sure your saying yes there is a happy medium--not for me. If anything I have to have control of everything else in my life because I CANNOT control my weight--never have been able to and I don't think I ever will be able to. I can remember trying to diet when I was 14--I'm 39 now--food has controlled my life for over 25 years. That's a long time. I really do want to go back on plan--I'm just not sure how. My last two visits to LAWL have been so negative--I know I can request a certain counselor--but I feel like I'm being a bother--making someone go out of there way for me--and I don't like to do that. Besides I've been down this road with them before--I don't think anyone can help me until I am ready to commit whole heartedly. Well I babbled long enough. Good night all!

Mommy of 2
Old 09-02-2006, 10:06 PM   #11  

Ok I have a question....
I'm going to go back on plan
But, I need to do TO--I stopped in LAWL yesterday--and they suggested TO. Ok not a problem. But, I refuse to spend $25 for their TO--and I don't think the melons or oranges help me much. So, I am going to try the Knudsen's substitute. So, I went to Knudsen's website and they do not have a local store for me--so I ordered it online...I won't get it until Sept 11. Here's my question....Am I making a mistake waiting until I get the Knudsen's to do the TO? Is it "stupid" of me to wait until I get it to start back OP? I want to get back OP, but I do think it would be best for me to do TO to "clean" out my body, but if I wait until I get Knudsen's, when I do get it--will I think of another reason not to start the plan? I really really want to get back OP. It's so depressing to look at myself in a mirror....
Please help

Thanks
Old 09-03-2006, 09:04 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Mommyof2 - do the best you can to stay POP between now and Sept. 11. Take one day at a time, make sure you write down everything, and if you have something that isn't POP, don't dwell on it. Don't toss up your day, neither, just hop right back on the wagon and continue to do your best.
When the Knudsen's juice comes in, do the TO at that time, but just try your best in the meantime.
You can do this!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Mommy of 2 - Just my two cents... DH is doing TO with me today and tomorrow. He tried my TO juice, and the Knudsens and didn't like it. We bought him the Celebrity Juice Diet juice from Walgreens. You can substitute that or the 48 Hour Juice Diet, or something like that. You can buy Benefiber and add 8 teaspoons to your 32 oz of juice.

If you look at LAWL TO juice, you will see that it has juice and fiber. It's not a "magic" formula. That's why so many others here use oranges or cantaloupe.

IMO, you should figure out the best substitute for you and just do it. If you wait another week, you could have 5 more lbs to lose. If you are in the right mind set now - go for it. WE'RE HERE FOR YOU!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:32 PM   #14  

Thank you to everyone that has been so supportive. You all are great and you all have been so helpful and you don't even know me!!! You all are a great bunch of people