Old 08-28-2006, 09:25 AM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Weekly Chat Aug 28-Sept 3/06

Morning

Ive been MIA for quite a while. I just dont have my heart into this....and I still dont. But, if I dont start eating properly, Im going to be back to 300lbs within the next month.

Ive been putting weight on at a rapid speed, and after some more research on what is happening with me....wether I like it or not, I have to cut the sugar out of my life completely. I have to take on the mentality that I am allergic to it! Ive been thinking about this for about a week now. Do I cut it out for good? Or do I go back to atkins, and allow for a free day every now and then. Ive decided to cut it out for good. Ive been struggling with sugar my entire life. My mother and I were talking about it this weekend. She remembers my cravings when I was a kid. I used to sneak sugar stuff, and eat the entire bag/box whatever it was. Its been a life long struggle.

Its not a "food" issue I have, its a "sugar" issue. Because everything I overeat is something that gives me that high. Even that loaf of italian bread!!

So my decision is made, Im a sugar/carb-oholic and I need to stop....or I'll be a decrepit old fat woman who is only 41 yrs old.

I took a nasty fall yesterday, 2nd fall this summer....I dont know if any of it is related to my eating poorly, but it was enough to scare me smart. If it hadnt been for my dd and a nice fella who happened to be there constantly asking me if I was alright, I think it would have taken me a very long time to get my bearings. I had a long talk with myself....alot of self loathing, and hatred was involved. This is when I decided, I dont want to spend the 2nd half of my life like this.

I'll be around alot more. Keep me honest ladies.

Last edited by RobinW; 08-28-2006 at 11:11 AM. Reason: spelling
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:09 AM   #2  

*big hug* Robin! I have a lot of faith in you as you have a strong will - I know you can do this!

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:49 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Robin: You've always been the one that's kept me going at this WOE. Your determination always makes me want to give MY best as well. You CAN do this as you've proved before. You're an awesome person, I'm glad to know you and reading your post has made ME realize a few things as well. Thank you And if you keep ME accountable I'll do the same

Kel: how you doing?

Well, after reading Robin's post I've realized I've GOT to do better. Another "episode" of TOM kicking my butt again this month has made me realize I should at least give LC another shot to see if that indeed (which I know it did) helped. So I've got to ween myself off soda (as I believe that's what keeps me wanting sugar) so that I am forced to drink water. And I've told DH to keep me accountable no matter what. It's time I forced myself to wake up and realize that I need to eat low carb for MY health and well being. Time for me to step it up and actually follow through on this!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 09:01 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

Thanks so much Brenda and Kel

Its still a struggle, and Im still not into it, but hopefully it will get easier.

I suspect it will be alot easier once dd is back in school, and Im back into a routine.

Have a great day ladies!
Old 08-29-2006, 10:40 AM   #5  
I CAN do this !

S/C/G: 197/188/130

Smile Finally found my way back...

Hi everyone,

I'm back after quite awhile and starting again. I did continue to read everyone's posts but I haven't posted in awhile. This time I bought the book and I started back on Atkins yesterday and so far so good. I usually get 2 - 3 days in and then give up. I have the right mindset this time to finally do this and I am going to do it one day at a time...even one hour at a time if that's what it takes. My body feels better already after just one day so I know if I stick with it each day will be even better than the last. I am going to post each day to stay true to myself and committed to the plan.

Have a great day !
BrownEyedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:00 PM   #6  
Baby Steps

I've got to get over this "this bite won't hurt anything" mentality!! ARGH!!!
Old 08-30-2006, 08:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all.
Robin and Brenda - You guys can still pull it together and make it. Keep the prize in your mind. Don't think of what your always missing think, think of how good you are going to look and feel, the clothes that you want to be able to wear, how healthy you are going to be and feel, etc...

Janice - I was the same way for a LOONNGGG time. I can't even say what it was that kept me on it this time. but it is SO worth it. YOu said your self that you feel better already. Try not to sabatoge that. Take one day at a time.

I on the other hand since returing from vacation last week, lost 5 lbs in one week. I don't weigh in until Saturday, but because I was doing so good I got cocky and and kept weighing on Sunday , then monday and tues, and wed. Well - the scale has creeped up 3 lbs over these past few days. I have no clue why. NOw, THAT's discouraging! It's one thing whenyou cheat and gain a few pounds, but when you are working hard at it and gain a few , that really blows me away. I was one pound away from my final 10 and now I'm almost back up to having to lose 15 again. ahhh!!!!!!
maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:24 AM   #8  
I CAN do this !

S/C/G: 197/188/130

Smile

Good morning everyone,

Day 3 is here and still on program and I actually feel in control this time. The last few times I tried for a day or two I would get this awful headache and be so irritable that I would just give up and eat something bad, this time I do not have the headache and except for being a bit jittery last night, I feel pretty good, even lighter already. Hopefully I will continue to be this positive about it as time goes on.

Robin and Brenda: I second what Maggie said, keep the prize in your mind...being able to fit back into my clothes helps me keep going. You will do it !

Maggie: You will get there, try not to get discouraged, it seems your body is teasing you to keep you strong, giving you a little and then taking it right back but all of a sudden those pounds will be gone forever and won't come back, hang in there and you'll do it as well !

Have a good day everyone !
BrownEyedJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:36 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all

Thanks Brenda. Sometimes I feel like I'm better at giving the advice than taking it!
I've upped my exercise a bit that will either help me or hurt me. Sometimes it helps to burn extra calories but then sometimes I think I just build a bit more muscle and in turn gain. I'll have to take some measurements again too.
I hope your "withdrawls" are passing now! Then you will feel so much better.

Have a good day all
maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:38 AM   #10  
Lovin' Life

Good Morning

Between dogs barking, and garbage men blowing whistles, and hollering, I was up mighty early! Not a nice way to wake up.

Anyway, Ive bought my atkins book ......didnt know I didnt have eh?! I had borrowed one from the library when I first started, but decided I needed to have it on hand. I need to reread it!! Simply because I cannot stay weeks on end just doing induction until the bulk of the weight is off. That is what I did last time. Worked great, but I get so bored with my food. I need to learn how to eat like this for a life time....not just induction.

Quote:
Robin and Brenda - You guys can still pull it together and make it. Keep the prize in your mind. Don't think of what your always missing think, think of how good you are going to look and feel, the clothes that you want to be able to wear, how healthy you are going to be and feel, etc...
maggie, this isnt enough for me. I literally have to cut sugar out of my life. Its been a life long struggle. I had always been that kid that ate ALL her easter candy easter morning, ALL the chocolate and candy in my xmas stocking was gone before breakfast....I even remember eating frozen donuts and buttertarts out of the big deep freeze. So for me, its been for as long as I can remember. I just have to cut it out of my life....just the way a junkie, or alcoholic would have to do the same. Im going to miss it I was able to keep my eye on the prize, and that's what I am going to do again this time.....but with no sugar treats in my future.

If anyone has one of those book outlets 70% off books near them, I picked up my atkins and atkins essentials for about 4$ each. Great deal!

Well tomorrow, starts my 1st day sugar free....I tried earlier in the week, but I couldnt do it cold turkey So tomorrow will also be my 1st full and proper day of induction.

Have a great day ladies!
Old 08-31-2006, 06:15 PM   #11  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone. I have been missing for a few days. Had to order a new computer which finally arrived today. My house is full of people and to hectic to post much at this time, so I'll be back later when I can get a little peace.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:25 PM   #12  
Walk/Low Carb Away Pounds

S/C/G: 190/178.8/170

Height: 5'3-1/2"

Hello Everyone.

I have been gone and off program for a little while now. I haven't gained all the weight back, but did gain most - all but 6 pounds of it. I need to stay on plan this time. I have got to quit yo-yoing. I really need a little local support, because none of the people I work with or the people I live with are supportive, and although I am on day 4 of restarting, I can't help but feel I am going to fail again.

Congratulations Maggie . I see you have stuck to plan and are doing great! 150 pounds is amazing. Did you get some local support?

Last edited by MsChris; 08-31-2006 at 07:32 PM.
MsChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:01 PM   #13  
Baby Steps

No sign of giving up soda yet. But I'm feeling MUCH better now. DEFINITELY need the water upped though. Not getting near enough of that either and I'm sure that'd help flush the remaining sugar cravings. Tonight I craved popcorn...but managed to not give in. I did eat a tomato. I have to dig out my book to remind myself what's acceptable and what's not. I don't think a WHOLE tomato is....but it was better than a whole bag of popcorn So I consider it a success. Been cleaning out the girls drawers and closets of clothes. Plus organizing it a little so they're ready for school next week. That's why I've not been online. I'll try and get on more often though.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:43 AM   #14  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, I am back. I'm sorry to see everyone is having such a rough time right now. I am not doing so well either. I took a look at my journal today and hadn't recorded my food since Sunday. My weight had done OK but could be better. I am just so frustrated with myself right now. I made LC chocolate no bake cookies two days ago. I ate a couple and then just couldn't leave them alone. I even put them in the freezer thinking that would help. They tasted great cold. The batch must have made at least 40 cookies and I personally ate at least 30 of them. I couldn't even sleep and would get up at night to have them. I ate them for breakfast each morning with coffee and as an after dinner snack and late night snack. Thankfully they are all gone now. I don't plan to make them again. I used splenda, but I know the Oats and semi-sweet chocolate morsels had plenty of carbs in them. I wouldn't beat myself up if I had just eaten a couple. But, 30 cookies in less than 3 days, I was totally out of control. The more I ate, the more I wanted. I am definitely a carb-oholic. I feel fat, bloated and just plain rotten. I am now going back to 25 carbs daily for the next couple of weeks to try to detox this junk from me.
I am depressed that I can't exercise due to this dang ankle. I had PT yesterday and they said that I need to have a nerve study done because no progress is being made. This doesn't sound good to me. I see the orthopedic surgeon again in the AM, and I'll see what he thinks.
Sorry to all that I'm not too supportive right now, I just can't talk the talk when I can't even keep myself in line. Here's to hoping that we all are back on track and getting these dang lbs. off.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 08:43 AM   #15  
Baby Steps

Lily: Don't beat yourself up about the cookies. Stress always seems to bring out the "worst" in eating habits. I hope you find out what's going on with your foot soon. But you've done great and you keep such excellent track of things you'll be back to your "normal" before you know it.

Stepped on the scale this morning and was glad to see 2 pounds gone. That brings me back to where I started a couple weeks ago. Interesting that I'd be happy to see THOSE numbers AGAIN. But I'm hoping this time is different. That I can keep myself motivated into staying OP. I am feeling so much better that I don't know why I let myself eat that junk--and then feel bloated and cranky cuz I'd eaten it.
Definitely have to work on the water. Maybe all the cleaning I've been doing is why the 2 pounds left I've still got a LOT to do before I can call this house even "straightened up". Off to go drink some water