South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 05:30 AM   #1  
chela

S/C/G: 217/209/130

Height: 5'0"

Default thank you i got over my addiction

hello everyone I would like to tell you how I got over my cravings for sweets. i'm so excited about it that i want to share it with all of you because everyone in 3fc gave me advice on how long it would take me to get over it and some told it would take 3or 4 days and guess what it did take that long for my cravings to go away. for example my cravings were for pastries another example that happen my instructor had a birthday so all the students bought a cake for her and i was able to say no no no and didn't have that craving that i had before i didn't care for it. before this i would of been the first one eating that cake and not just a piece but the whole cake. sweets was like a drug to me i been clean for 7 days. I feel that i could reach my goal now that i over came the worst part of the sbd sugar. and its getting easier for me as time goes by so everyone thank you so much for helping me with my sugar addiction i hope i don't have relapse ha! Ha!. ps. I have lost 7 pounds since a total o 13lbs.

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you
Old 08-27-2006, 11:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

Great work! Now that you shared your success with us, it would be unfair to hold out and not tell us *how* you did it...
Old 08-27-2006, 11:42 AM   #3  
chela

S/C/G: 217/209/130

Height: 5'0"

hey optical goddess, I did it by using my will power and believe me there were times that i was going to give up. my addiction was like a drug but now that i concord this addiction I now I could loose the weight.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 212//196/150

Height: 5' 1"

Chela, that is awesome news! I have the same issues. My biggest craving is sweets too. I have been on SBD for a week now and my cravings are gone also. I also had the habit of having a glass or two of wine every night and I thought that would be so hard to give up but no problem, I don't miss it all.

I find though that I have to be very diligent to eat all my meals and snacks. Yesterday, I had more of a snack for lunch because I got busy and started feeling those old cravings come back. I tried to overcome by having some chicken in the afternoon but I was a bit off kilter, so to speak. Today I am starting back with the full program as I have discovered for me, that is the secret to the program working. I have lost 6.5 lbs. this week and I am thrilled. I know most of it is water but heck, it is weight, I don't have anymore and my body feels lighter and my clothes fit a bit better.

BTW, we are about the same size

Karen S.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:07 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chela View Post
hey optical goddess, I did it by using my will power and believe me there were times that i was going to give up. my addiction was like a drug but now that i concord this addiction I now I could loose the weight.
Exactly! Same for me! It was just a flat out decision I was NOT going to eat it... and after a while the craving went out of my system. I haven't had sweets for months now and can easily pass them up.
Closed Thread