Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 10:47 AM   #1  

Default Thursday Chatters for August

Do you know how hard that was to type August??? School will be starting soon!! Okay everyone!! This is a thread for people who weigh-in on Thursday, or who used to weigh in on Thursday, or who have never weighed in on Thursday, or whatever!! Most of us follow the WW plan, but some of us do our own thing.

We are here to support each other in our weighloss journey and to solve all of the problems in the world. We are also here to just be friends and help each other with any battles we are up against. A great group if I do say so myself!
Old 08-03-2006, 08:12 PM   #2  

Susan, I am never going to have the surgery you just had. Remind me of that, will you if if ever comes up?

Antique shopping with Carol and Melissa tomorrow (my December shopping buddies). Carol loves antiques and her house is beautiful. Melissa and I enjoy looking, but we like doing lunch even better!!

Hope it's cooler tomorrow. Otherwise, I may just sit somewhere in air conditioning.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:34 PM   #3  
Thursday Lady

Tammy, Tammy, Tammy------Thank you for starting us off.
My days have been totally mixed up this week-not to mention it being a new month. Whew, where has the summer been going????!!!!

Susan, you deserve a medal for not kicking that doctor. Pat is great for keeping you at home.

David has an interview tomorrow. It's not with the criminal court. (They're dragging there feet there.) They keep saying that the position is still open and they are reviewing all the applications. Who knows. I just hope this one tomorrow will work out. It's a contract job. That's okay, though, just so it pays money.

I've been such a good girl today. I didn't count my points but I ate OP. I just had a Diet Coke. I hope that doesn't cause water retention because I'm weighing tomorrow.
Tammy, have fun with your friends. I don't like antiques. They're too old.

Maureen, have a great vacation.
Where is everyone else????? Come on now you people. Do I have to come through the computer and grab you.

Old 08-05-2006, 12:16 PM   #4  
RNY 3/1/06

Height: 5'2" and shrinking

Talking Popping in to say Hi

I loved the opening of this month's thread, Tammy ("This is a thread for people who weigh-in on Thursday, or who used to weigh in on Thursday, or who have never weighed in on Thursday, or whatever!! Most of us follow the WW plan, but some of us do our own thing."). I guess I fit into the used to weigh in on Thursday & do our own thing sections.

I get over here to read posts, but don't have a lot of time to post myself--being that I usually read them at work . As of 3:30 on Friday though I am officially on vacation for 1 1/2 weeks, so I am being lazy, not doing my Saturday housework & catching up with my friends.

Susan, I certainly hope that the end result of your surgery is wonderful--you deserve it after the pain.

Tammy, sorry to hear about your principal. I think of you every time I drive to OH--about the time I go through Richmond & think that someday we should try to meet for lunch. Somewhere in my absence from here, I missed what happened with your health. Taking meds & switching or reducing is really scary. I know when my RA meds are adjusted, I get really nervous. I always think "I know how to deal with what I am doing now--don't mess with me!", but then dutifully do what the dr. tells me to do--it usually works out.

Tina, you are always a bit of sunshine, I hope David's job search ends soon.

My hubby still is not finding any open pulpits in the Indy area that are not youth ministry related--He is too old to be a youth pastor, so we continue to live in Indiana & Ohio.

My daughter lost her job in May (the Friday before Mother's Day) and has not had any luck finding something as everywhere wants a college degree & she quit after 1 year due to health & depression. (She had had 3 hip surgeries in 3 years & the last 1 week before the fall semester started). She was a supervisor for a customer service call center for a cell phone company in N. WI and when she moved here a year ago was supervising a call center for a Credit Card Company. We started talking about if she was really happy doing what she had been doing -- NO! So then we talked about what she would like to do. She wants to work with young kids and has since high school--on top of that she is really good with kids & has the patience of a saint with even the out of control ones. She proved that this summer when she took over the care of her roommate's 7 year boy who has ADD. She was really good with him. She was still trying to decide when she got a note from her church (of over 2000 members) asking if she would be interested in a paid position as childcare provider on Wednesday evenings & some Sunday mornings. She had filled out a talent sheet & said she would be interested in helping with Childcare (she assumed on a volunteer basis). She had started looking at schools offering a degree in a field in child care & somehow that offer from the church seemed to be God's answer telling her that she needed to re-career & go back to school. She enrolled at Ivy Tech that offers an Associate's Degree & will transfer credits to a 4 year if she wants later on. She is taking the placement test on Monday & had just cashed in her 401K which was enough to pay her car payments for the rest of this year, pay off credit cards, pay for 1 full year of school & some left for savings. God is so good to see to our needs.

I am now 5 months post-op from the RNYGP surgery and have lost 75#. I am really feeling good. I am truly blessed to have not had any bad after effects. I have 50 pounds to go & hope to get there by the end of the year. I can eat most anything without fear of rejection (eggs just don't agree though). I won't be allowed to eat bread, beef, apples or drink carbonated beverages until next January, but other than that I eat anything, except the things I will never be able to tolerate like foods with high sugar & high fat & alcohol. I am off all high blood pressure meds & will be done with the gall stone & acid reflux meds in September. After that the only things I will need to take are my Rheumatoid Arthritis meds & the supplements (2 each of multivitamin, calcium, fish oil, also iron, B12 & protein). I feel so blessed to have had such good results. I do mourn over the loss of my clothes though. I spent years building up a nice professional wardrobe & have had to give it all away. I just donated all my 2 piece suits & wool blazers to "Dress for Success". They give them to women who are trying to improve their lives & just getting into the job market. Good news is that I can fit into the suit I got married in 13 years ago, so just took it to the cleaners & will be able to wear that. My hubby will really be surprised.

Well, sorry this has been so long--guess I should post more often. Stay Cool all. It is only supposed to be in the mid to upper 80's this week here.

Last edited by Loodie; 08-05-2006 at 12:22 PM.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:42 PM   #5  
Thursday Lady

Happy Saturday!

Loodie it is so good to hear from you. I really do think about you often and wonder how the surgery went. You sound great. I'm thrilled that you're doing well and losing all that weight.
It's so interesting what you cannot eat. It all makes sense.
I'm happy for your daughter. I hope David has luck soon.

Sis, are you still lurking out there.
Mimi, it's been way too long, girl.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:00 PM   #6  

Tina, hope David's interview went well. Tell those other people to get on the ball!!! I'm not really into antiques either. I bought a butterfly pin, a Dave Barry book, soap, and lotion. Big spender. Also ate breakfast and lunch!

Loodie, you probably know where we went antique shopping. Centerville, Indiana, close to Richmond. I kind of got on a roll and was tired when I was typing that opening. Sometimes I get a little weird. lol Enjoy your time off!!! My health has been up and down and mostly down for a while. I have Fibromyalgia which is definitely up and down. I also have arthritis in my lower spine that is just getting worse. I know I need to get back to the pool and do exercises to help alleviate the pain. I had letters from 2 doctors about me not teaching this year. The school board has approved it, but I'm going to try to go some days to help out with intervention/tutoring. I know for sure I won't be there everyday. I'll be lucky if I go in 2-3 whole days a week. I will offically retire the end of February.

How great for your daughter! God is awesome!! 75 pounds!!! Way to go!!

We really do need to get together since we are kind of close. Tim will be going to Ball State in Muncie starting on Friday (early band week). If I'm not going to school as much, maybe we can meet when you are on your way through.

Played Bingo with a friend tonight. It was a fund raiser for a local fire department. We had so much fun! We laughed a lot. We booed people that won! Aren't we awful???? lol I won twice, and my friend booed for me!! I'm sitting here laughing while I'm thinking about it.

I need to go to bed. Long day.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:52 AM   #7  
Thursday Lady

Happy Monday,
I can tell this is going to be a good week for us. Let's all stay OP.

Tammy, you had fun on your antique shopping trip and your Bingo night. Things like that are so much fun.....kicking back and letting loose.
When does Tim leave for school---is it this Friday? I know that is going to be so hard on you and Bob. Been there, done that! Saturdays were the hardest on us at first. It was so quiet.

I miss all the group! Where are y'all???

I posted on the Weigh-In thread that we should start a Labor Day Challenge. We can see how much we can lose in a short period of time. What do you think?

Old 08-07-2006, 10:47 AM   #8  

We take Tim to Muncie on Friday at 10:30. He'll be moving in to his regular room since the band is using his dorm and the one next door for band camp. Lucky him! He won't have to move out of that room and into another one a few days later. On Friday, he'll have until 1:30 to work on his room before he goes to the Music building for percussion conditioning, then tryouts later in the evening. We'll be on pins and needles till we hear what he'll be playing.

On many Saturdays we'll be at Ball State because of Football games. We'll be able to see him from a distance. We'll stay overnight, then spend time with him on Sunday before coming home.

As for the challenge, I'd like to see my butterfly move from the 1 to the 4 on my tracker. It isn't much. My doctor told me the other day to start thinking small instead of the BIG picture. A pound a week to lose. I'm going to start taking one of my meds less often because he thinks it might be part of my problem. It's one to help with the pain, and I don't think it really helps that much. I'm still hurting.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:21 AM   #9  

I have my first weigh in on Thurs-- so I want to join the group!! lol
Old 08-08-2006, 09:48 AM   #10  
Thursday Lady

BJ
We're so happy to have your join us.
Good luck tomorrow.

Hey group-------let's all post something here tomorrow.
How about the Labor Day Challenge!!!

Old 08-08-2006, 11:18 AM   #11  

thanks for the welcome

I am pretty siked right now-- but nervous about my first weigh in--

I hope it is good and keeps me motivated--
Old 08-08-2006, 06:09 PM   #12  

Welcome BJ!!!! Good luck on Thursday! We chat about all kinds of things on here, so feel free to join in! My tracker only shows 10 pounds. I doing it in smaller increments now. I need to lose at least 50, if not more. Right now getting the first 10 off is my main concern.

Talked to the supt. today. He told me that I looked better than he had seen me in ages. He followed that up with, of course you've been home and not under the stress here at school. I told him that I plan to try and start the year, but I'm not sure how often I'll be there.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:54 AM   #13  
Thursday Lady

Happy Wednesday. It's such a beautiful day. It's too pretty to exercise. Did I say that! I'm just not in the mood but my tummy shows me that exercise is needed.

Susan, are you still among the living??? How is your nose doing?

Tammy, I know you and Bob and Tim are getting excited.

Maureen, have fun on your trip.
Karla, Jennifer, Terry, Christine, etc., etc., etc., where are y'all?????

Sis, when does your daughter start school? Is it after Labor Day? How are you doing weight-wise? How is work????

Mimi, are you still lurking around????? Please post something!
Amy, how are you? Did you get all your school clothes over the No Tax weekend?

I am sure I've left someone out. Please forgive me. Everyone on this thread is important to all of us.

Old 08-09-2006, 06:17 PM   #14  

Tina, I cried a little bit today. Went for lunch with Melissa and Carol. After Carol left, Melissa hung around for a while and we talked. Got teary eyed. When she was leaving, I heard her talking to Tim about leaving. It just really got to me. I have to be strong on Friday when we leave over there. He needs to be focused on that percussion audition. I don't want him thinking about what a wuss his mom is. lol

We went out for Mexican tonight. I had a shrimp quesadilla. Yummy!

I agree about the exercising! This morning I was up and had lots of things finished before 8:00. Now that doesn't just happen every day!
Old 08-10-2006, 08:09 PM   #15  
Susan

Surprise, it's me!!!!

I am among the living. I'm so tired, I'll be glad when I'm back to the old me. I started school on Monday (meetings), Tuesday (got the room ready) and Wednesday Bam kids started. Not being at full speed yet.

I got a 6th student today. She is from Ecuador. Her dad speech english and mom only spanish. The little girl signs some in spanish.... it was an interesting day. Mom stayed with us all day. Talk about a communcation barrier. She is a cutie!!!! She is paralyzed on one side of her body.

Otherwise, I'm doing ok. It's good to here from all of you. Sorry I have posted more.

Tammy, give Tim a hug for us!!!

Tina, I don't know about there but it is still in the 100's here and we've had no rain at all!!!!!
Closed Thread