South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 04:40 AM   #1  

Default Anchors Aweigh at the Beach:Weekend Chat

Ahoy thar all you Beach Babes and Land lubbers! Time fer an update of where we left off yesterday....
hmmmmm let's see,
Ruth: Let's see, Ruth was facing a Tomato Uprising in her garden and Cottage was heading off to Amish Country to the Touch me Museum.. Grasshopper was not getting off her Flat Non-butt to do anything but relax... (I will gladly donate a huge portion of my butt to ya darlin )
Keen wants to drop kick her scale ..Weezle is being a social butterfly going to parties
BBum was tidying up fer the kids and grandkids visit this weekend!
Jana we going to do some stirfry, and had a bicycle thrown at her house!
Barb finally got some "me" time and is trying not to melt
Beachgal had a chock full day that was ending with cuddling with DH and watching "Cassanova"
Well that's all the news from Gary Gnu....
The Cawfee is smelling soooo good! Nuthin like the first sip of the first cup, eh? Ahhhh Dh's cut over went real well last night, soooo we might just be able to salvage the weekend.. There's a bluegrass festival in the next town happenin today so we may grab our butterfly chairs, make some snicky snacks and enjoy some banjo pickin!
What's going on under yer beach umbrellas today
Old 08-26-2006, 06:17 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Veddy, veddy perky as usual, mein Schatzi! I'm awake and dressed but not quite zippy yet without my . The Girls have been sleeping in since their week at the kennel. Maybe their sleep patterns have changed!

Another glorious late summer day is about to happen! I am going to clean house this morning and will be off to my BIL's art show this afternoon for a bit. (There is another big show in Westport too but it'll be a zoo a far as parking is concerned so I'll skip that. My painting classes start up Sept 11 and I need to get the brain back in the groove.) If time permits, I plan to do a little deadheading and weeding along with lots of thinking and planning for next year's garden. I am going to a BBQ tonight so food will be light today.

What's happening on your portion of the Beach Boat deck?
Old 08-26-2006, 07:04 AM   #3  

Quote:
Veddy, veddy perky as usual, mein Schatzi!
Heheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...I'm sure someone out there would love to slap the morning perkiness outta me
Old 08-26-2006, 07:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

not quite perky this morning but I think if I read schatzi's post enough it might rub off on me. Not sure I want that either...kind of feels nice being a bit dazed and slow. I have about 20 minutes before all that goes out the window and I'm off to work the busiest day of the week. I can do it - right?

Schatzi - seems like there are always bluegrass shows and festivals here. I do love them though. Growing up my family had friday night sing alongs at the grandparents house. Everyone brought their instruments and a food and we stayed til midnight most times. I miss those a lot. Have fun!

Ruth - my babies are sleeping in lately too. Mac doesn't even want to go out in the a.m. since we switched his food to a raw diet. He's much more laid back now. I do enjoy not having dog noses hit me in the eye socket to wake me up though!

me - off to work. tonight we're taking the dogs swimming. It's been so hot outside - we are trying to decide if we should shave down the aussie one more time this season. the lab just wears her usual coat year round. Tomorrow I'm doing a huge mountain bike ride. 2 gf's are getting back on the bike after serious crashes. This will be their first ride. Both were really REALLY good riders so maybe, possibly I will be able to keep up with them at first and learn some things from them. Otherwise DF has me in "training" for endurance so we can do a trip to the Smoky Mountains in the fall and ride all over. I'm getting there wish me luck.

Okay, aussie needs love - he told me by resting his head in my lap and refusing to move. better go. have a great weekend.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:46 AM   #5  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'5"

Smile Good Saturday Morning.

Good Morning Ladies - doesn't look so hot here in Central PA today Rain again today - which I can't compalin about we do need it - but it would be nice if it rained while I was inside at work during the week so on the weekend I could get outise more.

Gonna go check out the local farmers market this am - love the fresh veggies - yummy yummy - even have been able to get my husband to eat more of them. When we got married he would only eat meat and potatoes - oh well.

I must say that I have really enjoyed this site so much since I found it (think it was tuesday/wednesday) - checked out the bio's will need to do one today - i haven't ever visted a site like this so the whole posting a thread and everything is very new - really nice to see that you have such a close net of friends and supporters - can't wait to read all of the new updates.

Well I hope you all have a wonderful day - me I need to get up my 10 year old to go to the market (that is like pulling teeth )

HAVE A GREAT DAY LADIES AND TALK TO YOU SOON
RMT

PS - you all sound so busy - where do you find the energy?????
Old 08-26-2006, 11:25 AM   #6  

Hey there girlies!

My week totally got away from me, so I haven't been able to post much. Eating has been less than stellar, but I am getting back on track today! I have already planned meals for today through Thursday and have a grocery list ready to go. DD and I are heading for the library and the store here in a little bit.

I am going to read posts from this week to get caught up on all the chicks!!

Old 08-26-2006, 11:26 AM   #7  

BTW- my ticker is lying right now- I am going to weigh on the 31st and adjust accordingly.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:30 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just popping in to say I finally made that Classic Ratatouille from the South BEach Quick and East Cookbook. It is yummy and sure is loaded with veggies. I had some for lunch on a pita topped with LF cheese and run under the broiler. I'll post the recipe if anyone is interested.
Here's a picture. Please don't drool on the screen!

There is a version in the Recipe section but the South Beach one is much simpler.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:29 PM   #9  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'5"

Smile Looks Good

Ruthxxx - wish I was there to help eat - but still on Phase I. I think I might have some tuna for lunch -

Went and walked (as fast as I could go) for 25 min this am - flet good - my daughter rode her 4 wheeler and the dog ran with me so it kept me going - maybe tomorrow I will go for 35

Thanks again for letting me be a part of your support group it sure is nice.

Hope you all have a GREAT day - RMT
Old 08-26-2006, 02:49 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Well now you've gone and done it again, Ruth! I just have to make that Ratatouille, your picture just made my mouth water! I could actually hear it sizzling in the pan, and smell it, too! It's on my menu for tomorrow for sure! I just finished making a Waldorf Salad from a recipe in Cooking Light. The kids are up, they're all out hiking a trail on the Susquehanna right now, except for Carley, she's here having her afternoon nap. So we're grilling some London Broils and salmon (for Caite & me) later this evening, along with corn-on-the-cob, potato salad (none for me!), sliced garden tomatoes, fresh green beans, and the Waldorf Salad. Jake and I did have a little time to ourselves this morning, so we went to several yard sales where I bought several books, a few movies for the little ones, and a pair of darling sterling silver earrings for myself.
Well, I'm going to go sit down and try to look at a magazine before the baby wakes up and the crowd descends upon us again!
Old 08-26-2006, 07:28 PM   #11  

Evening!

Okay- it is 6:22 here and I have been OP today. Of course, I need to make good choices from now until I go to bed, which is where I have issues. I just feel good- I am so inconsistent these days!!

Cottage and Laurie I had a chance to go back thorugh posts from this week and I LOVE your picture!!!!! You are both gorgeous!!! It would be so fun to all get together one day. Barb and I WILL be getting together one of these days and will have a picture to post as well!

Several people asked how my new position has been going and all I can say so far is that it is very different. I didn't realize how much I would miss having my own group of kiddos. Once my schedule is up and in full swing I think it will be fine. It is certainly less stressful and I can leave without taking work home or feeling like there are a million things I should be doing that I am not. For this year, I am fine with it!

Okay, need to get the girls in the tub- we have been going to 8:30 church since Abigail joined the children's choir, so it is an early bedtime. DH was home today and took Abigail to a local water park (in the 104 heat!!- she had plenty of water and suncreen) so I had several hours to read and nap while the baby slept. It was heavenly!
Old 08-26-2006, 07:32 PM   #12  

I wish I'd seen that Ratatouille recipe before I planned menus and made out the grocery list. I am trying a new recipe from the Quick & Easy cookbook though. I like to sneak one new one in among a bunch of old favorites. Tonight is Shrimp Creole from the Louisiana Light cookbook. It doesn't even have to be converted to be South Beach (phase 1 without rice or two with).

I couldn't sleep in this morning as Brian and I took Diesel in for her checkup at 8:15. Then I managed a trip to the library before it was time to go to Powerflex. I wasn't watching my time carefully or I would have been able to fit in more than 80 minutes at the gym. Oh, well, I will be sore tomorrow from lifting weights. We spent almost 2 hours at the animal shelter today. It's too hot to walk dogs but we spent lots of time helping out. I need to go fix dinner now so I can get to the grocery store afterwards. I don't have much planned for tomorrow. Maybe we can go to the pool before it shuts down for the winter.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:34 PM   #13  

Hi Barb! I think we were posting at the same time!
Old 08-27-2006, 09:17 AM   #14  
Skinny(er) by Thirty?

S/C/G: 192.2/163.8/154/135

Height: 5' 6"

Oh! I wanted to share this! I was at the skating rink with dd on Thursday, and my friend who works there (her daughter is in hockey and figure skating with my dd) said that she hates me because I am looking so skinny. Tee Hee!

I told her it was now 15 lbs, and that SB is awesome and she should check it out. She said she might.

15 lbs feels good, and I have been tempted to cheat (ok, ok, I did cheat - yummy yummy fries!) - but only a little. I am back on the beach hardcore today, and rarin up for the next 15 (ok, just the next 5. baby steps. baby steps).

And I measured inches again. Couldn't find my first (or 2nd) set of measurements, but found my 3rd from 2 weeks ago, and I am down a total of 4 more inches around the various parts of my body, so a total of at least 10.5" so far.

Dh did frown when I announced I had lost another 1.5" around the bust.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:22 AM   #15  

Mornin' everyone. Kind of a rainy weekend here, but that's okay. Turns out that all of the weeding and cleanup I did around the yard last weekend has ended up in a case of poison ivy. Ugh. It finally started spreading on Friday, and I got in to see a Nurse Practitioner yesterday to confirm it.

But on the bright side, I'm pretty much sticking with a P2 diet! Since it's on my forearms I didn't want to do a lot of food handling, so I've been doing sandwiches & cut veg. Had a homemade "Egg McMuffin" this morning on a sourdough English Muffin. Yum.

I'm staying in today. Got on the phone last night and found a couple of people to take my usual Church Chores.

Schatzi - Hope you got a chance to go to the bluegrass festival. That sounds like a blast!

Ruth - That Ratatouille looks good. I've never been a big fan of eggplant, but am always looking for ways that I can try new vegs.

LG - Have fun on your ride today!

Welcome RMT!

Kiko - Glad you got some "me" time yesterday. I know my sisters with kids would LOVE some time to sit and read without being interrupted.

Cottage - Hope you're enjoying the weekend with the kids.

Barb - That Shrimp Creole recipe sounds good. Please post it if it's not out there already.
Closed Thread