Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 05:01 AM   #1  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Default Week of August 21

Morning everyone. Well it is kind of sad that summer seems to be almost over. I can't believe that it is like a week and a half until September and my little boy will be back at school. In some ways it will be nice to have that routine back again but I'm sad that the summer has gone by and as usual my weight loss efforts have been in vain. I had high hopes for the summer and I've actually gained.

I've got this week of from work. I was going to pick up a shift but I've decided instead to devote the next 7 days to weight loss, to developing new habits ie drinking my 2L of water, exercising and I need to do some grocery shopping to fill my kitchen with healthy foods. Every year I want to get in shape so that I can have a good summer not feeling upset by how I look in shorts or a bathing suit. I started this summer thinking I would lose a lot because of it being nice outside and I'd feel motivated to be out more but actually the hot, hot weather kept me inside. Now that it is cooling down a little I feel more like being out.

How is everyone else doing? Have a good weekend? I have worked the past 2 nights and Friday my mom went for a kidney transplant (it went beautifully and she is doing great) so it has been a busy weekend.

Take care all, hope everyone has an on plan day!
Old 08-21-2006, 08:22 AM   #2  

Good Morning!!!!

Jen-I am glad everything went well for your mom! I hope she continues to recover and all goes well. You, know fally may be the fresh start that you need. You have a year before summer rolls around again. Winter is difficult, but with determination you can do it!!!

Luflic-Middle school YIKES!!!!! God bless you! I have the utmost respect for teachers and more so for those who handle those teens and preteens!!!!! Way to go on your loss

My weekend was insane! Tried to can peaches...they weren't ripe enough. The kitchen is trashed though b/c we had all the stuff ready to go. We managed to get enough peeled for one canner full (8 quarts). Sunday, we did a b-day party for DS on my side of the family all that stuff is dumped in my kitchen. Then DH and I decided to rearrange the livingroom. So my livingroom and play room are torn apart. We did a two hour trip to walmart yesterday...that was stressful but not as bad as some trips to the store have been. I had to buy some shirts b/c all of my t-shirts say "Pearce 4 Kids staff and I didn't think I should wear them to my new job!

But I kept my points in check...LOVE the Super High Day in the Wendie plan!!! I 've always saved my flex for the weekend, but I skimped the rest of the week. This plan allows me to have a couple extra points some days during the week so it's nice.

Well off to do watch the kids. They are playing very nicley at the moment, so it is very nice. I am excited about my weigh in tomarrow...I was unoffcially down 3 pounds, but even if I am down one pound I'll be cheerful!
Old 08-21-2006, 04:11 PM   #3  

Wow ladies I am likeing the enthusiasm I am hearing here. Yeah for us.Back in the saddle we can do this. It is contagious you give me inspiration when I know I am not suffering alone heee heeee. It is easy to beat ourselves up Jen because we are not where we want to be. But I saw someone on here say she celebrates every single pound lost and that is what we need to do not focus on the destination but on the journey so lets enjoy our adventure today. Stay on plan! We CAN
Old 08-22-2006, 07:02 AM   #4  

Hi!!!

I just wanted to post my "official" weigh in. I did one week on the "Wendie Plan" for WW and I lost.....3.5 pounds this week!!!!! I am so excited. 1.5 to go and I will be back to my original starting point LOL.

Well I have to get my bag packed and stuff for the day so gotta run! Have a good one!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2006, 08:47 AM   #5  

Misty, way to go !!!
I lost 1 pound this week, not as much as I would have liked, but hey, better than gaining. My eating was not the best, so I am glad to have lost anything.
I called my mom last night, and she told me my sister is pregnant. It will be her first, she just got married last Sept. I am happy for her, but a little sad, that it wasn't me. We are currently on a break from the fertility treatments, to help get my weight under control, hopefully we will start them again before Christmas. That is why I HAVE to get my ducks in a row about staying on plan, so I can try again to get pregnant!!
Well, have a good day!!

Hugs,
Donna
Old 08-22-2006, 01:05 PM   #6  

Misty I am so proud of you! I am 15 pounds heavier than where I was when I took a break so understand that frustration. You are almost back yeah!!!!!!

donna one pound is to be celebrated! It is one pound closer to getting pregnant! Great motivator for you!!!

My daughter is going back to work two days so I get to babysit. so fun. I gave the baby a bath and she is now taking a nap so very fun!
Old 08-23-2006, 08:37 AM   #7  
Jen

Hi everyone.

Congrats Misty and Donna on your weight loss!!! Great job!

As for me I am up over a lbs. I'm not going to let it get me down, I am going to let it motivate me to do better so that next week I can post a loss too!

I started looking into WLS at the obesityhelp web site. Seeing as I won't be able to see anyone at the clinic here I will have to look for alternatives. I've decided to give myself until the end of the year to lose weight by myself. I mean serious effort and see where I am then. If I am not losing the weight by myself and really, really feel that I can't do it then I am going to start the paperwork to have WLS. It will probably mean going to the US and I'll still probably have to wait awhile but it will be less time than waiting for something to happen here.

Take care all, have a great day!
Old 08-23-2006, 03:32 PM   #8  

hope its ok if i join your group, its been a while since i did ww, and of course i've put it all back on + more

my name is kate, i'm a mom to 10 year old twins (toby and abby), married for 13 years (hubby is one of those evil people that never gain weight ! ) i work from home (access to snacking all day ) with my own quilting buisness. i would like to lose close to 100lbs, my weight is actually scaring me now, every time i step on the scale its gone up again. this morning it was 243 ugh.

oh well heres to the future, hopefully tomorrow it will be down, i love the first 2 weeks dieting all that water weight dropping lol.

my biggest hurdle will be week 5, its usually where i start cheating and it all falls apart from there.

kate

Last edited by kati3l3unny; 08-23-2006 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:43 PM   #9  

Kate so glad you are here. The more people posting the more accountability, and encouragement we each receive which is what each of us needs.

I have a husband who never gains weight also.

Like you I was here a year ago lost 36 of my hundred pounds put them back on and here I go again.

I am taking my mom tomorrow to Ohio to visit my grandbaby Violet. So don't think I will have internet access for a few days. So know I am thinking of all of you.

You can do this Jen don't beat yourself up! We all can
Old 08-24-2006, 10:04 AM   #10  

Good morning!!!!!

Kate
it's great to have you!!!

Luflic-Drive safely adn enjoy the baby!!!!

Jen-I hope you are able to get some of your weight off before the end of the year and if surgery is the best path for you I wish you best of luck getting it all through. In the mean time we're here for you !!! My sister's surgery wasn't denied as she originally thought, the ins just requested more info. So she sent it and has tentative surgeery date pending approval (which the secretary fully expects to get).

I'm off an running this morning. Yesterday was DS's 2nd b-day. So we were across the road until very late last night. It was a BAD day with the kids. They were screaming and crying so loud my husband's uncle who is doing the remodel on my in laws' house stopped his masonry saw to look at my house to see what the noise was!!! I was so stressed I ate all day. The stress is mounting today. DH bought two bushel of peaches even though I said I didn't want to deal with canning this year. I tried canning saturday but they weren't ripe enough. So I was too busy all week to get to them now many are too ripe. I am stuck canning alone while doing laundry and watching 4 kids. I have 7 quarts in teh canner and 7 quarts of peaches peeled and pitted ready to go in the next canner oncethis one cools.

Then...need to vent sorry you are the only adults I can talk to lol... I have to go to the preschool Firday to fill out all the usual new employee paperwork ect. MIL was supposed to take DD and DH was supposed to take DS while I did my paperwork then I was taking DS to the dr. Well, DH has a conference call in all likely hood and MIL has to take her car to the garage. So I have no child care. DH thinks I can just take the kids with me. How unprofessional is that? I already have to take the baby I watch and my two kids with me when I set up my classroom next week. The lady I watch kids for can take time off work to clean her house, buy groceries, run errands, mulch her flowers while I have her kids, but I can't get my job done. Everyone else's jobs are more important. I know many parents face this all the time. But it's like I feel like everyone else has time to get done what they need to and I get dumped with thier kids and mine. Dh takes for granted that I can just drag teh kdis along everywhere b/c that is what I always do. Well, this isn't a trip to Walmart.

The kids are fighting constantly already, I have a head ache and a fridge full of half rotten peaches. I already scarfed down a huge bowl of cheerios. If I had any left over birthday cake it certainly would be in my mouth by now.

Sorry. Not very cheerful. Got to run. I hope everyoen has a good day. I'll feel better once I get some of these peaches done.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:33 AM   #11  

My sister's WLS surgery was approved. I have mixed feelings and hope it's what is best for her. I hope it all goes well.

I have 20 quarts of peaches done. Thank goodness I am not doing tomatoes this year I don't think I could handle it. I guess I'll do pears though. I loved home canned pears, theya re better than icecream and I LOVE icecream.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:33 PM   #12  
Jen

Misty, I'm at a bit of a loss. Why are you still looking after this lady's kids when you've got another job? Granted it hasn't started yet but geez you need the time to get ready for your new job, you don't need her kids as well on your hands. Give her notice already and let her look after her own kids. Alternatively she has got to start looking after your kids while you do some stuff on your own. Finally if my family had abandoned me like this I would be having a complete hissy fit, don't lie down and let them do this to you. Your MIL can't take the car to the garage any other time, it isn't going anywhere for crying out loud???? And Dh can't look after one child while having a conference call that maybe he is going to have, doesn't sound like he is too sure that he is going to have this call and how long will it be, 2 hours? Come on, give me a break. Sounds like everyone is ticked that you have this job and are making it hard for you to do it so that you'll quit and be a doormat. It's disgusting. They should be happy for you and instead they are completely bailing on you. Sorry if I am stepping over the line but I've never heard of a family that did so little for someone. No you can't be taking the kids everywhere with you, your family has got to step up to the plate and help you, that's what they are for. Everyone helps each other out. If no one is going to help you then you might as well be on your own, it amounts to the same thing. Again sorry if I am stepping over the line but sh!t like this makes me furious, especially MIL taking the car to the garage. What a pitiful excuse.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:36 PM   #13  

thanks for the great welcome

misty : if i was you i'd just tell the lady you do childcare for that she needs to find alternate childcare for that day, don't appologise just tell her. i'd tell my hubby to figure it out, that hes watching a kid and thats it. but i'm an evil wench
Old 08-24-2006, 02:57 PM   #14  

Sigh.

Ok so I have all the peaches pealed, (which requires boiling them shocking them in cold water), halved and pitted. I have my fourth canner full in the canner bringing me to 27 quarts. I resent that I did them all by myself when I didn't even want to can.

So here's the scoop on my delema. MIL didn't schedule the car her husband did. She was annoyed too. She offered to take DD with her, but the car has to cool down an hour then the job will take an hour. So my BIL is following her down and they are doing some shopping, BIL leaves for England at the end of the month so he has a few items to pick up. But see BIL's truck won't fit DD's car seat with both MIL and BIL in it. So she can't go with them.

Then DH's company has been sold. They are all on edge about having jobs. His boss "resigned" under mysterious conditions. So the conference call is with his new interim boss. Who is based in Denver. With the time diff. ect it's hard to say when the call will be. So I am annoyed, but understand why he can't have DS screaming "I wanna talk". He has to make a good impression b/c who knows if he'll have a job next week.

I am still babysitting b/c my preschool only goes M, W, F. So all the kids will attend daycare, with my DD and the 3 year old I watch coming to preschool with me then finishing the day in daycare, and my DS and the baby doing daycare a full day. B/c I took this job the lady I watch kids for will have to have them in daycare full time and pay up to $100 more a month, or pay me to watch them Tuesdays and Thursdays. So I told her I'd take a pay cut form $33 a day to $20 a day on Tuesdays and Thursdays so she doesn't have to pay so much extra. B/c even with only having the kids in daycare part time she ends up paying more than if she were just paying me.

She is a dear friend and for the most part her kids are good. So I am totally doing this a favor. She is losing her job in Jan. I thought it would be sooner which is why I took the job. A bit of extra money for a few months. But, I feel taken advantage of. She's used to daycare where she has to pay if they are there or not, but if the kids aren't here I don't ask her to pay me. So she takes half days close to once a week and does stuff around her house. And there have been two occasions when she has watched my kids for a couple hours while I went to the dr. But she only worked about half of July and she gets paid for that b/c she has vacation time. The kids won't be here Friday when I go in for my paperwork. She took the day off. But I mean she expects me to schedule my appointments around the days she already has off b/c she takes so much time off she can't take more. Like I have to take DS to the dr on Friday. DH has had to take him to his last two appointments b/c I can't get the day off.

I totally agree that DH doesn't want me to have this job. He wouldn't say that but he's not helping me at all. Well not exactly he did take the kids to his mom's house for a couple of hours a couple of nights last week so I could do lesson plans. But he's not trying to help me get time to get my clasroom ready. I mean I wanted to go in Sunday, but he told his uncle they could go ride motorcycles together. I got pissed and he was like, well we probably won't go anyway. But that's not teh ppoint he didn't say no I can't my wife has to work. He'll take a day off to help his dad roof the porch or to mow hay, or to hunt. But rarley takes time off so I can do stuff.

So I don't know. I need to learn to say no when I am asked to do stuff beyond my abilities or desire. Well, we're going to teh store tonight. I plan on eating out. I am tired and stressed and I am going to eat whatever the **** I want. bad attitude I know. But I haven't eaten anything other than my cheerios so I think Ill be ok with pretty much anything.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:13 PM   #15  

if she has the day off, could you give her a free day of daycare if she takes yours while you fill out the paperwork ?
Closed Thread