Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 02:57 PM   #1  
For my HEALTH...

Thumbs up WW is a Blessing for me right now!

I was not sure which of the WW forums to post this on so I picked "General" and "Core"

I have recently joined WW again and it has been a real help to me. I have not even buckled down to sticking to the plans exactly yet but I have already lost some weight. Which is a Blessing because over the past few months I was GAINING. So I am so HAPPY that for the time being I have STOPPED the gaining.

Just knowing that I am going to a meeting to be WEIGHED is making me more MINDFULL of what I am eating.

I also love the new Monthly Pass. I am eager to use the e-tools online and to try out several different meetings so I can get different ideas from different leaders. Each leader has wonderful inspiring things to say.

I also like getting ideas from other WW members sitting in the meetings.

I am still not completely decided on whether to do POINTS or CORE . Right now I think I am sort of doing a combination of the two. I have learned not to say this to any of the leaders because they definitely NIX combining the two plans.

As time goes buy I am going to buckle down and stick to the plans more Exactly than I am right now. But I am happy that right now I am staying away from BAD foods (like "White" foods and Sugar and High Fat and Fried etc). I am also more mindful of my portion sizes and started to drink more Crystal light. I know pure WATER is better than Crystal Light but I am trying to be more realistic this time and drinking a LOT of plain water is hard for me.

I am also trying to get rid of my ALL or NOTHING mentality. If I "slip" a bit I don't want to trash the rest of the day. I know some folks on these forums talk about PROGRESS as opposed to PerFECTION and right now that is getting me started in the right direction.

As time goes by I am hoping to get better and stick more faithfully and exactly to one of the two plans.

Question 1:Is there anyone else who finds that just going to the meetings and getting WEIGHED and listening to the leader's messages helps them to WATCH what they are eating (even if they are not sticking to the plans EXACTLY).

Question 2: Is there anyone else who sort of COMBINES the two WW plans?

Thanks, Pooke (This is my first post in a really long time!)

Last edited by POOKIE88; 08-23-2006 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:39 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKIE88 View Post
I am still not completely decided on whether to do POINTS or CORE . Right now I think I am sort of doing a combination of the two. I have learned not to say this to any of the leaders because they definitely NIX combining the two plans.
Why would they do that. If you are coming utilizing the Core foods with the points there is nothing wrong with that it is just healthy eating. I think what they don't want you donig is counting say you item such as skim milk is 2 points per cup and you drink 3 cups and count that as 2 points because it makes you satisified like core. I've never heard a leader critize or 'poo-poo' someone for using Core foods but still counting poitns.

Quote:
Question 1:Is there anyone else who finds that just going to the meetings and getting WEIGHED and listening to the leader's messages helps them to WATCH what they are eating (even if they are not sticking to the plans EXACTLY).
I only went to meetings to weigh in...I rarely stayed for the meeting.

Quote:
Question 2: Is there anyone else who sort of COMBINES the two WW plans?
I answered this above. Yes I have ALWAYS utilized basically Core foods even before they were 'assigned' as Core foods but used Flex to watch portion size and be more accountable.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:18 PM   #3  

i completly agree with shopping around for a leader that your happy with, i switch between two classes, at class 1 the leader is soooo helpful, she'll make her next class start late to make sure you have answers to your questions, but she doesn't inspire me, class 2 leader does that. but shes more about getting her class done.

kate
Old 08-23-2006, 04:19 PM   #4  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hey Pookie!

Welcome back to WW and the WW boards! Hope you are doing well - it seems you are off to a good start.

I'm kind of combining things by sticking to "whole foods" and still counting my points. I'm eating mostly vegetarian these days and really enjoying experimenting with new recipes and foods.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:59 AM   #5  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Question from a non-WW:

What is a Monthly Pass?
Old 08-24-2006, 11:43 AM   #6  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Never mind...I found my answer....and it is not available in my area. Sounds like it would be a good thing though!
Old 08-24-2006, 11:52 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Pookie I so agree with you about changing my eating habbits after attending a meeting. I feel like if i put that effort into showing up, i might as well not waste it on an item of food I shouldnt be eating. I started back up recently and found that even if i dont stick to the plan exactly, I was a lot better of than eating what i would usualy eat. Good Luck!
Old 08-25-2006, 03:22 PM   #8  
For my HEALTH...

Default Thanks

Thanks for your responses Kate & Kel & Lil'JJ & Jen415 & Mauvaisroux.

Mauvaisroux - I too am enjoying Veggies more lately.

Kel - each leader seems to feel differently, but I have run into a couple who were concerned that combining the two plans would somehow cause you to lose track of what you were doing or overeat somehow. For instance one leader said if WW felt it would work they would have come out with a 3rd Plan that was a combination of the two and they never did that. But recently I have bumped into leaders who tell me the way they "combine" the two plans is to do Core some weeks and Flex other weeks. I think everyone (including leaders) have to figure out what works best for them and follow that path.

Jen I'm glad you found out what the Monthly Pass is but in case any else doesn't know: I believe it is starting This week. You pay a Monthly fee and it entitles you to use the e-tools on the WW Website and you get a Lower Meeting fee ( on average: about $9.22 per week) and you can attend unlimited meetings each month. It also saves you the trouble of having to take out your wallet and Pay every time you attend your regular meeting. --Pookie

Last edited by POOKIE88; 08-25-2006 at 03:40 PM.
Old 08-25-2006, 03:42 PM   #9  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKIE88 View Post
Kel - each leader seems to feel differently, but I have run into a couple who were concerned that combining the two plans would somehow cause you to lose track of what you were doing or overeat somehow. For instance one leader said if WW felt it would work they would have come out with a 3rd Plan that was a combination of the two and they never did that. But recently I have bumped into leaders who tell me the way they "combine" the two plans is to do Core some weeks and Flex other weeks. I think everyone (including leaders) have to figure out what works best for them and follow that path.
Food is food regardless of it it is marked Core or not. What they don't want and maybe it is your misunderstand or their misunderstanding of what you are asking is to not do Core one day and Flex the next --- that type of combining. But if you are combining by trying to eat mostly to all the Core Foods and still following portions/points I have never seen a leader 'poo-poo' (laughing) that. And anyone can do Core one week and Flex the next which is the whole reason for the 2 arms of W/W.

Just some opinion here...........
Old 08-25-2006, 03:49 PM   #10  
For my HEALTH...

Thanks Kel. You may be right about them being concerned that I would do core one day and flex the next. BTW I just read your Signature and it hits home for somebody like me who spends too much time with my head in the clouds daydreaming! But I'm A Pisces! Congrats on your weight loss! Thanks, Pookie
Old 08-25-2006, 09:47 PM   #11  

((((pookie))))) I feel for you. I am bouncing back and forth between SBD and W/W or at least have been. I am trying to combine those 2 for Phase I again and then slip easily into Core.

Last edited by 8SecondRide; 08-25-2006 at 09:54 PM.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:35 PM   #12  
For my HEALTH...

Thumbs up

Good Luck 8SecondRide! I see you are new to these forums. I'm sure you will get a lot out of them. --Pookie
Old 08-26-2006, 09:12 AM   #13  
Cowboy Up Chick

Pookie, Hey! Thanks for the compliment. Like I said I think the leaders you spoke with that poopoo'd it were thinking one day Core, one day Flex and not combining the foods of Core with the portions/points of Flex.

Good Luck but ya won't need it since you seem to go the right 'tude.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:45 AM   #14  

Pookie - sounds like we are in the same boat. I was on WW, became a lifetime member losing 25 lbs in 2001 then slowly put it all back on plus an additional 25. Have been up and down like crazy - I think I have lost and gained twice that.

I've been told to watch the carbs for my whole family. Used the Curves plan, South Beach and Atkins but I think watching portion sizes was the key to my success in the past. Going to try it again as a better educated consumer. Will focus on whole grains and lower carb foods.

Tempted to try core but I think not until after I do strait points for a while. I am trying to find a meeting - may go back to my old town for it! If anyone has a star in Fairfield County, CT, let me know who the meeting is with.

My one advise for anyone who makes goal and enters maitenance - GO BACK ON PLAN STRICTLY WHEN THAT FIRST 5 or 10 creep on! If I had done that, I would not be in the spot I am in now. Its a quick slide back into your previous life!

Happy Saturday....Sue
Closed Thread