Old 08-23-2006, 02:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Has anyone tried these?

I'm a calorie counter so pretty much anything goes when it comes to what kinds of food I eat. It can range from my own making to Weight Watchers Meals to South Beach entrees to just about anything within reason. That's what I love about calorie counting. It really keeps me under control because I can have anything within reason and there are literally tons of variety.

Anwyay, I bought the South Beach wrap meal.. I had a Chicken Ceasar wrap with chicken, cheese and light ceasar dressing with a nice little sugar free jello cup all for 220 calories and 10g of fat! The sodium is a little high but I've never been one to follow any restrictions with that.

I try to do my best with the more healthy things like fresh fruits/veggies, natural chicken etc. and I know that some don't necessairly agree with the calories in caloires out method but these South Beach things are fantastic! They are filling, tasty and right in line with the amount of calories I need for lunch!

Has anyone else tried these?
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:04 PM   #2  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I haven't tried them because they haven't been on sale, and, well, I'm cheap I would think they're pretty good, though, since they limit bad carbs if they are South Beach in addition to having a low amount of calories. I've been eating Lean Cuisines and SmartOnes frozen entrees lately (the "carb conscious" ones that only have chicken and veggies, no pasta, rice, or potatoes), and like you mentioned, they're a bit high in sodium, but for less than 200 calories, I can feel like I'm eating a real meal, and I love it!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:13 PM   #3  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I really like the South Beach bars (aboug 210 calories) and their 100 calorie snack bars. They have protein and fiber and aren't sickly sweet. I even allow Gem to eat them because they've got fiber (she needs all the help she can get). I often have one around 3-4 in the afternoon, especially if I had soup or salad for lunch and need something to tide me over until 6 when I get home.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:15 PM   #4  

I had one for lunch today. I try to keep meals like this for days when my time is short and I have to run errands. My grocery store has had these on sale for $2.00 so I got a few. I didn't realize about the sodium until MFD and I get a frownie for eating one of these. I really do like them.
tresor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:16 PM   #5  
Aleecia

Love um.
The Southwest Chicken one is my favorite. Don't get them all the time, but like you said it's a great meal for a little amount of calories. I too calorie count.
Works real well when I'm running late. I can just grab it out of the fridge and go.
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:00 AM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

The only thing I have tried is the South Beach breakfast burrito. A couple bites and it was in the trash. Absolutely horrible. I did buy a dinner entree but haven't gotten up the nerve to try it.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:17 AM   #7  
Aleecia

I agree with lilly on the breakfast burritos. Not a fan of those.
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:27 AM   #8  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Sounds good. I've only tried 1 SB item so far - the pizza. It was pretty good actually as far as processed, frozen entrees go, and good for my "stick to approx 300 calories per meal" plan. 320 cal and loads of protein. Not like Round Table pizzas (are those a West Coast thing?), but good!
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 03:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

I had the sowthwestern chicken wrap today--- yummy.

I actually only eat one tortilla, 1/2 the cheese and all the chicken. I'd rather not have the calories stack up on the flour tortilla and cheese. My dinners are usually larger. I must say though, I do feel good and I am really hoping that this continues!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote