South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 06:54 AM   #1  

Default Tuesday Chicks are Chatty!

Morning gals!

Starting us up with a drive by so I won't be late for school! Have a great day-Happy Birthday to my DH!!
Old 08-22-2006, 07:19 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Chatty indeed! It'll take all morning for me to read all the posts.
to the new folks.
Right now I need breakfast and some dog cuddling before I start the day.
Catch y'all later.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning! Kiko, thanks for starting us up today. Have a great day at work, BTW, how is your new position working out? HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your DH from me!

I'm slowly getting back into the groove again, but I'm still feeling pretty lazy. I think when you go away for vacation that you really need one week for the vacation, and the week after just to recuperate! I think by tomorrow I'll be ready to start Phase 1 again and get back into my Curves routine.
Today is going to be just an ordinary day for me, nothing exciting is planned. The girls had a fun day here in the pool all day yesterday, so I think they'll be content just to have a quiet day at home.
So what's everyone else doing today?

Hi, Ruth!
Old 08-22-2006, 07:39 AM   #4  

Mornin all you Mornin Larks!!!!! It's a drizzly day here...
Back Ruth!
Kiko: Happy Bday to DH! I checked out the Buttermilk Chicken Tenders.. I think I'll be making that this week!
Cottage: I hear ya! yes, a day to just recoop is needed! West and Wewax Wabbit!!

Have alot of running about planned today... but first my crossword puzzle and CAWFEEEEE to git my brain cells a firin'
Old 08-22-2006, 07:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

good morning ladies.

Cottage - I agree completely with the extra week to recover from the vacation! always seems to take me a few days to get back into life.

Ruth - we cuddle in the a.m. with one dog and p.m. with the other. They have defined and specific needs in the cuddling area

me - I had a hard day yesterday. I felt deprived for a good bit of it. The good news is I wasn't hungry - just pouty about my food choices which are pretty limitted (allergy program). I made some rice pasta with spinach last night. It was very yummy and there were leftovers. That can be a nice comfort food. I also eat rice cereal - not the dried puffy stuff...that's flavorless!! I eat the hot creamy kind. Reminds me of yummy grits. Sorry, I'm a southern girl. I had a big salad with steak and avocado and white tuna for dinner. Oh - and a pear. I thought I'd eaten enough pears for this lifetime...aparently I'm to eat more.

You guys have a great day. I'm off to the trails to practice shifting big gear rings smoothly. tata! have a great one!
Old 08-22-2006, 09:12 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone - Starting SBD today. Have been on it before and lost 26 pounds and gained some back so today is Day1 Phase one. I am 217pds and would like to get down to 130 if possible. I am 41 years old and 5'3". This site looks very encouraging
Old 08-22-2006, 10:01 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Hi there! I had a wonderful trip but it's good to be home. The trip home was a mess although the drive to IND was gorgeous. The sunrise was happening and there was a sliver of moon in the east with the morning star below it. Mist was rising off the cornfields and it was very magical. I got an excellent shot with my "brain camera". It'll stay there forever along with the sight of Mount Etna rising out of the sea.

Today I have a few "must dos" like laundry, container watering, phone calls and mailing a money order to my roomie for my part of the Holiday Inn bill. (I managed to lose my credit card at a Macdonald's pee and coffee stop. They found it later and reported it lost.) Luckily, Budget had processed the car rental charge before my card was reported lost so the car return was easy. Now I will wait for my replacement card to come - that'll cramp my shopping style for a bit!

The Doggage were ecstatic when I picked them up. Keith let them out of their "rooms" and they raced into the office to see me. Lucy launched herself over the desk to get onto my lap! Only Lucy! Today they will sleep all day to recover from the kennel stay where you have to join all the other dogs in a barkfest for any reason. Lucy's neighbour howled when Keith took away her friend! I feel I should take Lucy back to visit.

I'm about to soak in the tub for a bit and then get back to real life!
Old 08-22-2006, 10:21 AM   #8  

Last night was a lot of fun. All the boys earned their Aquanaut and the adults were trained in Safe Swim/Safety Afloat. At the end, I got in and was able to swim laps for a half hour. I LOVE big pools. Tonight we have an orientation for Brian's Talented/gifted program so I'm planning on fixing an early dinner. I did well last night. I fixed a chicken breast for me before we went to Scouts and then didn't touch any of their hot dogs. I did eat a couple of potato chips but that wasn't bad.

Kiko - How is school this year? I'm glad you are still able to find time to post. Tell DH Happy Birthday.

cottage - I agree. A vacation from a vacation would be nice. Have a restful day.

Morning, Schatzi! Caffeine, that's what I haven't had yet...

little grass - Have fun! That must be tough to have to restrict what you eat so much.

Welcome, hommer! You're stats are very similar to what mine were when I started this two years ago. Same height, about the same weight and I was 41 then.

Ruth - I'm glad someone didn't misuse your card! I know it is a big inconvenience though. I hardly ever use cash anymore.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:49 AM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

to Kiko's DH! Doing anything special?

Yay for dog cuddling, Ruth! Your pups are such loves. Glad you're home safe, but sorry for the frustrations of your trip! Can't wait to hear stories and see pictures...<hint, hint>

Hey, Cottage! Chickies, Cottage and I met up while she was on vacation and she is as wonderful as you would think! Here's a pic of us:

Isn't Cottage (on the left) gorgeous? I'm so envious of that vacation tan she got! Glad you're back safe--I hear you on trying to get back into the swing of things after vacation.

Schatzi, have you heard of that documentary about crossword puzzles? My friend told me about it because our favorite, the Indigo Girls, are in it! It's about people who love doing crosswords and some kind of national convention/competition thingy. Will Shortz is in it too...he's amazing! I can't wait to see it!

LG, what's this about gears? I hear you on the deprivation thing...I was thinking of you yesterday when I made a good choice in the ice cream aisle, even though I really wanted the caramel turtle one...which has malitol and would make me crave. I stuck with plain ole' vanilla...but I felt good last night after eating it, and I know that was worth it. We both need to focus on how good we feel instead of what we can't eat, huh? My Wegman's has a huge amount of rice-based items in the Nature's Marketplace section. Do you have anything like that (or a Trader Joe's?) near you? More options might equal more satisfaction...

hommer! Glad that you've jumped right in!

Me:
Well, I was totally OP yesterday though I was pouty about it and felt hungry. Probably should have had some veggies, but I was feeling a bit worried about how many calories I'd had...and so I didn't. Of course, the scale didn't budge this morning, but I know I need to be patient...and remember that I got almost 5 hours of sleep last night and lack of sleep=no weightloss. Oy!

Did elliptical, weights, and abs this morning. Should be a busy/good day--tutoring my literacy person, cleaning 'round the house, a little scrapping, etc. I have OA tonight...missed last week and I bet I'm going to hear about it...

Have a great day, chickies!
Old 08-22-2006, 12:58 PM   #10  
GARDENING ADDICT

Cottage and Beachgal, you ladies look fantastic!!!
Old 08-22-2006, 01:00 PM   #11  
In Pursuit

S/C/G: 225 / 209 / 180

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning everyone (before I'm too late for morn')!

Yesterday was a good day overall. I got a ride home from work instead of the bus - always a perk! Much cooler and faster. Weigh in was disappointing but I didn't drink my water over the week-end so I think I sabatogued myself. Already had more than usual today so I'm catching up.

Got home to find out I'm going to be a GrandMother! Next Spring will be a momentus occassion around our house. Still adjusting to the reality - you always hope but don't actually grasp it until confirmed.

Thanks of all the good wishes yesterday: - I got some good sleep, just not enough of it. I've heard it said that lack of sleep can effect your weight loss and I'd believe it.

Shopping tonight for something inspiring to go with broccoli or calliflower while DH is at a meeting.

Running off to eat and then work - it's lunch time already!

Have a great day!
Old 08-22-2006, 03:34 PM   #12  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Nothing new to post this afternoon, except that We're very busy trying to get ready for my DD and her family and my DS.They want to go out to the Marthas Vineyard,via ferry.Don't know if you know about this mamual in the news but, the only problem is that we have a manity[sea cow] in our waters and the ports might stop ships going into and out of all the Cape ports.We have to think of other ideas to keep them from getting bored.

Just got home from the cancer center and we have GREAT NEWS that the cancer is gone. The problem with blood in the flem was from the scar tissue in the lungs being inflamed. So the doctor is putting Leo on Predisone, to clear up the inflamation.She gave him another appointment to see her in Sept.

Worry off my mind.Thanks again for your prayers & good thoughts we really appreciate them.

Hugs BB
Old 08-22-2006, 03:44 PM   #13  
Come on Spring!

((( Beach Bum and Leo! )))
What great news!
Old 08-22-2006, 05:45 PM   #14  

The whole day is zipping by without me accomplishing anything!
Old 08-22-2006, 05:47 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 178/178/150

Height: 5'2"

Today is difficult for me. Day 4 on Phase 1 and feeling the carb cravings today.. For the last few days it was effortless, but today I can't help thinking about biscuits, toast, and all that I can't have. It didn't help I was taking training at work, so my whole daily routine was screwy.
I have a job interview tomorrow, so some of it may be nerves.

I also created an odd concoction this morning. In the yellow cookbook for SBD there is a recipe for Almond Energy Blast. Since i had such an awful time with Eggbeaters yesterday I thought I'd give this a try for breakfast. Well, halfway into it, I realized I didn't have the plain nonfat yogurt, so I subbed with my SF Pudding. It was actually very yummy. It made it into a chocolate almond shake. The one cup serving was actually filling enough. I followed up with a V8. Most of my day went smooth, I ate all that I am allowed, but more than the past couple of days. Still it looks like it'll be about 1400 calories for the day.

I'm glad everyone sounds like they are relaxing and having a good time. I was actually just up near Albany NY for vacation a couple of months ago. I also went on a small trip to Maggie Valley, NC. I think are both in the neck of the woods for a couple of you. Both were gorgeous visits. We met up with my parents, who always help us out so much by helping with our kiddos.

Tomorrow is already hump day! I'm thankful I'm taking tomorrow off for the interview. Every Wednesday my co-worker's wife bakes, and it is really hard to resist.
Closed Thread