South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 03:56 PM   #1  
chela

S/C/G: 217/209/130

Height: 5'0"

Default questions about food in sbd?

hello everyone, I have some questions about sbd, can you eat honey because i try splenda and i didn't like it? what kind of salad dressings can i use for my salads? has anyone heard of Angelo Pietro salad dressing its a Japanese salad dressing but i read the ingredients and it has sugar, rice, alcohol , salt sugar cane, beets, etc canola oil, soybean. Its a stupid question but here it goes. Can i use this salad dressing? thank you for everyone's help.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:18 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

My DH is doing SBD and honey is a sugar so no it is not (or at least my understanding is) you cannot at least until phase 3 if then.

You need a low sugar salad dressing. DH and our best friend love Newman's Own Light Balsamic Vinegarette. Where does the sugar fall in the order of ingredients? DH and our best friend say if it is 5th or beyond it is ok but I don't now for a fact what the rule is.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/249/130

Height: 5' 2"

Personally, I love Sesame Ginger dressing from Whole Foods. I've tried some others from the local foodmart, they're Ok too. It adds a lot of flavor and certainly is common asian salad flavor. To keep it under control, I just don't pour it on. I dip my fork into it usually and since the ginger has such Kick, it's certainly enough.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:03 PM   #4  

Chela, sorry to be a buzzkill here..but that dressing isn't SBD friendly.. how many sugar grams are in a serving? Try for 3 grams or less per serving. Some good ones are Kens Light Redwine and OO, CarbOption's Catalina. Or make your own.. Vinegar,water and a sugar substitute.

Is it all sugar substitutes that you don't like? How about Sugar Twin Equal or that "pink packet" brand? Honey -- especially on Phase 1 is a no no.. even on Phase 2.. it is listed as a Avoid or Very rarely have ...
Closed Thread