Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 11:21 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #165 Bale of Turtles enjoying good times

We are the Turtle Group here at 3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Old 08-18-2006, 08:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Friday All!

Morning all... and happy friday!

Rainy and a bit gloomy here today and it is supposed to hang around for a day or two... W/I tomorrow... I am really keeping my fingers crossed for a loss of somekind... I have eaten all of my points this week and walked so we will have to see what the scale says in the morning.

How is everyone today?

We are still planning on going to the state fair tomorrow... I have my list of things that I can eat already to go but I still need to find someone to share a funnel cake with since one of those bad boys is 24 points all by itself

Well that is about it for me... have a great weekend everyone!
Susan
Old 08-18-2006, 01:51 PM   #3  
Chick

Princess, enjoy the State Fair. I had no idea a funnel cake, yummy, is 24 points. Holey Moley!

All goes well here and I think this will be a nice quiet day.
Everyone have a good weekend and a good WI for those coming up. :
Judy
Old 08-18-2006, 04:04 PM   #4  

Princess: I am not big on outdoor sports, except hiking, so I'm no help there. (I like to bike, but living in an apartment, I have nowhere to keep my bike. When I get a house, I'll keep it -- I also don't bike a lot because I like biking somewhere with a PURPOSE. When I was in college, I biked everywhere -- the grocery store, the pharmacy, the movies, the bookstore, and of course, class. Even where I had a car, parking was limited, so I used to park about a mile away from class and bike there. I do love biking to garage sales too. ) Arizona has a limited season change, but the temperate winters means that I actually look forward to winters so that I can get outdoors and do more hiking. From mid June to mid/late September, it's too hot to do a lot outside. Also, hope the scale does eventually budge. Ooh! Jealous! I love the state fair.

Judy: hey there!

Well, ladies, as for me, I'm down 2 pounds this week! I'd be happier if I hadn't gone up about that much last week. But I think that now I'm on a steadier downward track, since I'm still feeling really hungry, and I've been good about working out as usual, with more intensity. Work is only fairly frantic instead of completely frantic, which is an improvement. And next week, I am taking M-W off (which means I have a 5-day vacation, if you count the weekends, which I do. ) Then I come back and have a 2-day work week (Thursday and Friday) and then we have a 3-day weekend (labor day!) Some much needed rest! ;D Also, it looks like I'll have a couple of hours this weekend to quilt, a big stress reliever that I've been "making time" for these last few weeks to maintain my sanity. I know I've mentioned before to you guys that I quilt -- would you be interested in seeing a finished product?
I also want to scan a "before" picture -- the picture that inspired me to start on my weight loss -- and a more recent picture. Are you guys interested?

Anyway, back to work ladies...
Old 08-18-2006, 10:58 PM   #5  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Just a quickie fly by. I got the dog fighting with the cat and a bunch of other stress to deal with. Relatives in town. Ya know how that goes.

chris
Old 08-19-2006, 12:59 AM   #6  

Hi! Ah yes - that famous race! Ha,ha,- I just love the name of your group, and it is true that that old turtle has encouraged a lot of people. I guess I am hoping to identify with the turtle too, as I am trying to get this weight down in a healthy way. I have been a member of WW for about 8 months and have shed 33 pounds. (That is like one-third of the race.) Anyway, thanks for your group and the encouragement ya'll dish out.
Eliz
Old 08-19-2006, 12:00 PM   #7  
Chick

Welcome Eliz!
Glad you've done so well on WW's so far. Fantastic. Let us know a little more about yourself and you'll get to know us better as time goes by.

Chris, I know all about family staying over for the weekend. But you're doing great, so give it your all.

Ariana,
Great that you've knocked off 2#. I know it's crazy when you lose the weight you regained the week before, but does it help to think that you could have stayed the same or gained weight this week? And I do remember your thinking some of this is muscle weight and your clothes are fitting looser.
Weigh to go!

Princess, how did your WI go? I hope it was good.

I'm going to rejoin WW's because I am getting no where on my own. Think I'll start early Sept.

Take care. I've got a party to go to tonight and I'll be careful with food.
Have a great weekend and chime in when you can.
love,
Judy
Old 08-21-2006, 08:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Happy Monday and good morning to everyone.

Judy: re-joining is a great idea! Good for you! Yup, it was death by funnel cake at the fair... I ate the whole thing and did not feel guilty about it at all... ok, maybe a little bit but I still ate the whole thing

Ariana: I would love to see pictures of both the quilt and your before and current pictures. I loved hearing about your neck of the woods... I have never been out west with the exception of flying/airports and that does not really count but I would love to visit out there sometime... there is so much to see and experience in the western half of the US. I am thinking that I will just have to suck it up and go walking or bike riding in the cold weather as long as there is no snow on the ground... with enough layers of clothing and I can handle it

Eliz: Welcome... you will like it here... there are a great bunch of folks here just fighting the same battles as the rest of the world but here we do it together and manage to do have fun doing it.

Chris: I used to love having relatives in for visits but lately it is just more trouble and stress then I can handle, must be my age ... but some how we manage to get thru it and you seem to be doing it with grace which is a rare gift... best of luck and I hope your home is back to normal soon.

Have to run but have a great day all!
Susan
Old 08-21-2006, 09:50 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Good morning & welcome Eliz to our group - I'm sure you will love it here.

I am back from holidays & raring to get totally back on plan. Was up 2.6# at my w/i last week so have that to deal with this week. Have brought all my food for today & plan on going for a big walk tonight with my daughter.

Hope everyone is doing great & hi to everyone.

Bye for now.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:32 AM   #10  
Chick

Ariana,
I'm so glad you're a quilter. I am too. I'd love to see your projects as well as your before and after photos. Count me in!
Eliz, how's it going?
Princess, I can see you enjoying the funnel cake. How funny! You know, some foods just obsess us and I love that you didn't feel one bit guilty!
Long walks will do the trick.
Bandit, glad you're back on track.
As for me, this week looks busy as all my weeks have been, but I'm aiming for a WW join-up in early Sept/. Okay Mousie, shouldn't I really join this week?
LOL
Love,
Judy
Old 08-21-2006, 08:03 PM   #11  
Chick

Guess what? I just walked into the WW center and rejoined today. I have no idea what I weigh because I haven't looked at the card. Maybe I'll keep it that way for awhile. In any case, I'm glad I checked into it today because my center is moving after being in this location for ages and I might not have been able to find it if I had waited until early Sept. So, good for me! Good luck to everyone.
Judy
Old 08-21-2006, 09:27 PM   #12  

Hi All! Eliz here. State fairs are so fun. My husband and I love going to the state fair in Atlanta, GA with my daughter and her hubby. Our sons love the rough and tough rides that hang up side down. I really enjoy the displays and little "shops" and the horse shows. Of course those funnel cakes rate high on my list too! Well enough about that. - Princess, you have a grand day! - walk, walk, walk!!! - that will help with any extra points. Ha,ha!
My boys have some friends over and they got caught up in that show, Wife Swap. They are just rolling in laughter. Gosh, I think I would NEVER do that!
Catch you all later. Have a great weekend!
Old 08-22-2006, 10:03 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Judy - congrats on the re-join Good for you!!

Hi to everyone else. Hope you are all doing extremely well.

I went for my walk last night with dd & did 5 laps around the track, so felt good about that - had 3 points leftover for the day (I do not count any activity points) so overall, had a successful day.

Tonight going to bf after work & will get in a swim there & hopefully talk him into a walk.

Hope you all have a great "turtle" day.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:37 AM   #14  
Focus on the Process

I know...I know...long time to hear!

It's been a busy weekend and I just haven't had the time to get on the computer. Sounds like you all are doiing great! I myself am back down to 204. Can't really count that as a success, since TOM did the weight gain. But I am very glad that I didn't gain anymore.

Ariana and Judy-I have done a couple of quilts too. I'm just a beginner so they are kind of simple. I'll have to find some pics and post em too.

Judy-I am so happy to hear you rejoined weight watchers. That is great! I'm thinking I will after we get caught up on things around here. My hubby works for Sears and then he has his own business. But he took a couple months off from doing his own. When you do that, the bills still come and now its trying to play catch up until we get the past dues paid. What a pain!

Well gotta go. Need to run to the bank before my sister gets here.

Chris
Old 08-22-2006, 10:46 AM   #15  
Focus on the Process

baby quilt.jpg

I'm hoping this worked. If it did, this is a quilt I did a few months ago. Just haven't had time to do anymore.
Closed Thread