Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2001, 11:20 AM   #1  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default ~~THE THIN GROUP EXERCISE THREAD FOR THE HOLIDAYS!!

Hi guys,
I thought I would start this thread this thread to help us all out during these holidays. I know we need all the help we can get and I intend to try to exercise whenever and wherever I can because I think that our exercise goes hand in hand with our program, our water comsumption and our motivation. I find that when I exercise that it helps me stay on program more. I mean I am not going to work my butt off and than turn around and blow it on a huge hot fudge sundae or something like that. I may have a bit of something here or there. LOL

Please post when you are exercising and let us know how you are doing it or what you are doing. Let's all support each other, we need it now during this season more than ever to keep on track and keep us from sliding backwards and regretting what we did after Jan 1st when the scale let's us know how we did.

Any takers? Sure hope we get some so I won't be alone here.

Love ya, Sharon
Old 12-09-2001, 01:31 PM   #2  

Default OK now to do a post for my exercise.

Hi guys,
I have been doing really well with the exercise program. I have been walking outside or going to the gym when I can but mostly have done the Leslie Sansone "Walk Away The Pounds" video tapes. I just love them so much. I ordered them from TV and have so many of them, and I also got those light blue soft balls to work my upper arms while I am walking. I love the easy moves and she makes it really fun that I walk my 3 mile tape in no time at all.
I have been pretty faithful these past couple months and haven't hardly missed a day. I think I have knocked off some more of my weight thanks to those tapes. So I will continue to do it whenever I can. My arms really feel it, but it is a good feeling. I know CJ has even more of her tapes than me. LOL

How are all the rest of you doing exercise wise? If you do anything at all please post and share with us. Please join me and let me know how you are doing.

KEEP ON MOVING! Sassy Sharon
Old 12-09-2001, 10:06 PM   #3  
Conquering with SBD

Miss Sassy,

I hate you, I hate you, I hate you. I was hoping noone would start this thread until AFTER the holidays. But I can't resist a challenge, so here I am.

I am committing to 20 minutes of exercise everyday from now until the end of the year. I have the Kathie Smith power walking tapes that I do on my treadmill, so will start with those tomorrow. We will be going away in 2 weeks, so will need to figure out what I will do after that.

Here's to gettin' the old bod movin' agin. I'm sure I will be sorry...
Old 12-11-2001, 11:42 AM   #4  
Long Lost Chickie

I'm in on this!!! Have to work really hard this week because of the upcoming holiday party. Think I'll up my treadmill walk from a mile and a half at 3MPH to at least 2 miles at a SLIGHTLY faster speed.

And Sharon thanks for reminding me! I have little dumb bells to work my arms while I walk and I keep forgetting to use them!

Oh I can hardly wait to get home and get into my sweats and sneakers....!
Old 12-12-2001, 03:20 PM   #5  
Conquering with SBD

OK, so I was right that tomorrow never comes. Well, I have just missed exercising the last two days. I barely had time to get from one event to another, so the exercise got left out.

However, tonight I will be exercising for 20, yes, 20 minutes. Today starts the exercise routine as soon as I get home. From now until Christmas. Yes, I will do this...
Old 12-12-2001, 04:36 PM   #6  
Long Lost Chickie

Did the treadmill for 45 minutes last night (a little over 2 miles) and FORGOT the dumb bells!!!!! I swear my mind is going in my old age!

Was going to do the "walk up the hill" tonight but threw out my back yesterday and am hurting! I've been taking back pills and it's definitely better than it was this morning but I'm afraid to push it.

Can't believe how much I'm going to miss exercising!!!
Old 12-14-2001, 04:18 PM   #7  
Conquering with SBD

OK, I'm under duress here. I finally got the treadmill aworkin' on Wed. Did 20 minutes there, that's all I can stand sharing with a dog. Once we deliver him to son #2, I will be able to work that thing without stopping to smell the flowers every now and then. LOL.

Also, I just thought of more exercise....

I am on the second floor of a small building, aaannnddd, the bathroom is downstairs. I know you are getting the picture, right. The more water I drink, the more trips to the bathroom, the more stairs to climb, the more exercise I get. It seems that I am running to the bathroom every 15 minutes, or so. Over the course of a work day, that's about 32 flights of stairs PLUS the many times a day that I have to check with the "guys" downstairs on something.

Does any of that count?????
Old 12-14-2001, 06:36 PM   #8  

Default getting started

hi im kinda new to this and im hoping this is the place to start??...i have about 50- 60 lbs to lose and was wondering if it was to late to join up with the walk for the holidays??...thanx...tonysgirl
Old 12-14-2001, 11:54 PM   #9  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default WELCOME!!!

Welcome Tonysgirl and please do join in ... you are most welcome and you have come to the right place! We would also like to invite you to join in with us posting on our main thread which is now #69 (we start a new one every 30 posts). Please do post there and tell us all about you. This is a very wonderful group ... (psssst - we don't bite either)! LOL Looking forward to hearing from you more and good luck with your exercising .. something I still have to work on myself!

Welcome to our group,
CJ
Old 12-15-2001, 09:51 AM   #10  

Hi guys,
Yes I have still be faithfully exercising with Leslie Sansone every day so I am doing great with the exercise for the holidays.

TONYSGIRL-Yes by all means jump right into this thread. You are very welcome to join us and like CJ says please check our regular Thin Group thread out, I think we are on # 69 right now so check it out and post away. You will get lots of motivation, support and encouragement there as well as be welcome with open arms. Glad you joined our happy group.

swee tooth-Hey Peggy of course all those stairs count as exercise. You ran up and down them didn't you? So you had better count them because stairclimbing is exercise so keep up the good work, if your bladder cooperates that is. LOL

Jello-Well Jooooooooooooooooooo you just can't forget them dumbells. You just gotta use them and maybe you can put them right on the treadmill to remind you that they are for using while you exercise and not hitting good old Rich upside the head when he is making you mad. LOL

Well guys anyone else up to exercising this holiday season? Try it it'll do you good.

Love you guys, Sassy Sharon
Closed Thread