Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 10:06 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Core Support Board for Week of August 20 through 26, 2006

New pages! So what's going on? How's everyone doing? Pour your hearts out ... I'm taking notes!
Old 08-19-2006, 10:40 PM   #2  
Melissa

Let's see, what did I lose in my last post...

To Kathy--I want the recipe, I hope all goes well with Shaun, and I can't believe how much you get done in a day. Oh, and I hoped that you found lots of goodies on my website that you want.

I was telling Sandra that I'm still glad she considers me to be in her "pod."

I can't remember it all! Pooey!

I gotta get ready for bed. It really doesn't seem like a Saturday night to me, I guess cause we lost this morning. I really don't want to get up so early tomorrow, but I guess I'll have to! Another long day. My dad (and his family) is coming over for dinner tomorrow night. Wednesday is his birthday so I guess it's a birthday dinner. I hope it goes well--this is the first time they've been to our house. And yes, we live in the same city.
I'm off to bed! Good night!
Old 08-20-2006, 12:19 AM   #3  
focused and aiming

melissa, that's a good looking website. thank you for posting it for us to see.

well, i had 10 wpa's today. we snacked on coconut shrimp and eggroll tonight. i need to get to w a tomorrow after the grands go home. we're taking them to splash montana. i may do some water playing there, too. i need to move this old bod. i'm so full.

kathy, i didn't know abuelos meant grandpa. i don't really know much spanish. just what i've picked up. thanks for posting the site. i am already worrying about going to texas this fall. i usually gain a lot of weight. i'm going to have to do better this year. seems we meet everybody around tables. i don't know why we can't just sit and visit without putting things in our mouths.
thanks for posting the site. i'll check it out. i know we'll be eating a lot of mexican food. this would prob be a good place to visit folks.

stacey, when i was in junior high (50's), my parents took my bro and me to chicago to see the yankees and white sox play. my bro was an avid yankees fan. so was i. there were no pro baseball teams in texas then. in fact, chicago was the closest place to dallas/ft worth that you could go to see the yankees play. we had seats right behind first base. this was the time of whitey ford, roger maris, mickey mantle, elgin howard, tony kubek and yogi beara. i'll never forget that trip and that game. vickie, the sox won that one.

melissa, you're no doofus. if you are then i am, too. pod ner.

i will prob have trouble sleeping. i'm not used to going to bed on a full tummy. oh, well. i've done this before so you'd think i'd know better. maybe i am a doof.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:21 AM   #4  
focused and aiming

kathy, i just looked at the site. i think i ate at the austin one with a gf a couple of years ago. it was fabulous!!
Old 08-20-2006, 08:16 AM   #5  

Good morning, friends! I'm up early because Judd is about to leave on a bike ride -- I guess to test out the new one. He's riding roads this morning instead of going to the trails out by the lake. Then when he gets back, he'll be leaving for downtown Fort Worth. The guys are going there for a bit before going on to the draft party ... um, excuse me, MEETING.

Melissa, I hope you have a great time with your dad and others. I understand about this being the first time to your house even though he lives in the same town. My brother lives about 8 miles away in Alvarado (where Sandra used to live, I think) and I see him maybe once a year and THAT'S usually at my parents' house, who live 3 hours away. We always say we should do better but we don't.

I'll PM you the recipe -- there's really no place to put it here because it wouldn't be considered Core and I'd hate to confuse people who are visiting the site looking for info.

Sandra, you'll recover from your evening, I'm sure! You've done so well and I have no doubts that you'll continue. I wish you would hurry up and figure out the answer to that age-old question of "why do visits always center around food?" It's true! Celebrations are eating times and it seems rude not to serve food to people when they come over, especially if they're going to be there for more than a few hours. Wonder why we always expect everybody to be hungry? Hmmm ...

I should be doing laundry today, well okay I *will* be doing laundry today but hopefully not much else. My beer should be flat by the afternoon so I'll make more bread to take to work tomorrow; this time in the small loaf pans but I just won't bake it as long. Dinner will be panseared tilapia with that tomato-red onion sauce (I'm just using coarsely chopped tomatoes and red onion, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard and a little bit of lemon juice) on top. Then broccoli and brown rice. Oh and I need to make some pinto beans so we'll have them for dinner tomorrow night. Other than that ... hopefully not much. Kate should be over here later but Erin has to work 3-11 today so I'm not so sure we can work lunch in there with all three kids. I was wanting to do that.

And I told Bindy I would take her for a walk each evening, starting tonight. I would take Zuki too if I had a stroller but I'm NOT going to let him walk. Last time I had to carry him back because he got tired. Spoiled brat.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:09 AM   #6  

Good Morning,
Hey Niki, How was the wedding? I hope you had a great time.

Kathy, I too will be in laundry land today. It seems just as you catch up the pile is to the top again. I keep trying to introduce my older daughter to the washing machine. She seems to have a good relationship with it if she needs clothes fast, but doesn't seem to notice anyone else hamper full.

I'm baking some oatmeal. I tweaked the recipe alittle this morning. I only had one banana so I added crushed pineapple and coconut extract for a kind of pina colada taste. It already smells yummy. Hubby making fresh ground coffee so breakfast is looking good.

Game 4 with the Red Sox tonight at 8. I see a bowl of popcorn in my future. I just have to get through Chuck E. Cheese this afternoon with my little one. Thank heavens they have a really good salad bar.

I'll stop by later. Have a great Sunday.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:23 AM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Another quiet lazy day for me. I've really been a bum this weekend for the first time in 6 weeks. It feels good. All I got done was laundry and some paperwork. Today I'll be making a cleaning schedule. Yuck! Jim and watched the end of season two of 24. I have season three on order from the library. We are supposed to be getting the whole season at once instead of one disc at a time. I think that will be better. We were trying to catch up before the new season started. It doesn't look good. Maybe we'll record the current season and watch it after we catch up. Such serious problems to have in life, huh?! We are trying to be more carefree since Jim's tongue cancer. He has his first follow up appointment on that next Thursday.

How were all of you yesterday evening?
Old 08-20-2006, 10:47 AM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

Melissa, I bookmarked your website. I saw a couple of things that I'm interested in. I have to wait for discretionary funds to appear. I might put some of them on my Christmas list! Try to enjoy your Dad's visit. I'm sure he'll be really impressed with your home and those fabulous shelves!

Sandra, have fun at splash mountain. I wish I could get into the water today. Thank God for WPA's! I'll be rationing them out again soon. Do you eat your AP's? I first started going to the White Sox games in the 60's. Daddy always took me to the Yankee games since they were usually on Sunday and double headers. One year I fretted that they wouldn't give me a bat because I was a girl. I got one and I was SO proud and happy!

Kath, Judd goes out to have fun so I don't know why you have to feel like you need to work so hard! I'm glad Judd is ok. I'm sure you fainted at the price of his new bike! I'd love the whole wheat crust if you'd PM it to me. Jim and I were in Cooperstown in 1997 the year Nellie Fox was inducted. Nellie was Jim's boyhood favorite player. Cooperstown was SO cool but SO in the middle of nowhere!

Frouf, Trivial Pursuit now has DVD games. The triangles are all played as clips for each category. It's fun that way! I hope you got some rest yesterday. BTW, I stayed in my pj's all day Friday AND Saturday. I just kept showering and putting on fresh nightgowns!

Stacey, Jim and I met at work but it was our love of the White Sox that clinched the deal! Thanks for getting me the barley recipe. I have some balsamic chicken that I want to make and I think that barley dish sound like it would go with it perfectly.

Ok...perfect timing. I'm going to make a menu thread and go fix breakfast.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:02 AM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, I'm looking for a WW cookbook and I was on the walmart.com website. I looked up your fat smash book. It is in stock (I added it to my cart to be sure) for $6.52 with .97 shipping for a total of $7.49. I don't know what you paid at Amazon but I'm sure you could cancel that order.

Last edited by Vickie; 08-20-2006 at 11:12 AM.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:10 AM   #10  

I paid $7.77 and about $4 shipping. I'll go see if I can cancel it and might just go to the big Walmart this afternoon and see if they have it in the store. If not, I'll order it from WM. Thanks very much!
Old 08-20-2006, 11:12 AM   #11  

Nope, it's already shipped. That's okay though; hopefully it means I'll be getting it quickly.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:55 PM   #12  
Melissa

Hi gals! Just dropping in for a quick hello. We had a hectic morning--which translates into a bad morning for Aaron. We had a business meeting today at church (so annoying) and to make a long story short he is getting the short side of the stick. He's not being treated very respectfully and it's very nerve-wracking. So I'm just hoping things get better. I don't know what to do exactly.
Anyway I've got to go get the house cleaned up and start on the food for tonight. If it stops raining long enough we'll be grilling out. Actually I think we'll be grilling out regardless, because baking the chicken will take too long! I'm making a PC chocolate tart for my dad's birthday "cake." I'll talk to you all later tonight.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:55 PM   #13  
Melissa

Oh and thanks for the recipes Kathy. I appreciate them both!!
Old 08-20-2006, 02:58 PM   #14  
Melissa

Oh and Sandra I love it!! Podner! You crack me up.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:56 PM   #15  

Melissa, go to your room. You said the "R" word. I'm still melting here. No relief in sight anytime soon.

My first batch of bread today went pffft because I had the wrong measuring cup out: I used 1/3 cup when I should have used 1/4 cup. I tried to compensate by adding more flour, and eventually it rose. I used molasses in that batch and flat Fat Tire beer.

Second batch is more "normal" -- I used a Shiner Bock Hefeweizen, honey, and the proper amounts of the other ingredients. I will put that in the small loaf pans.

Next batch will be back to molasses, but use a Honey Brown beer and a teeny touch of flaxmeal in with the flour. Hopefully nobody will be able to tell and it won't send them to the restroom every 10 minutes either. It'll also be in the small loaf pans. And then I'll make a big vat of honey butter to take too.

I just got back from Target where I got a few things, some shampoo for Shaun (wrong size, gotta go get another one) and then Tom Thumb. I put it all up and now I'm going to Walmart to get the remaining things that I forgot.

I did manage to get four loads of laundry done and put up, but now I need to do one or two more to get it all out of the way. Fish is thawing for dinner but Judd won't be home until after 6:30 so I have a while. Erin just left for work and I haven't heard from Kate yet, so I guess lunch together is off. I think the only other thing I'm doing today is about 15 minutes in the flowerbeds tonight (after 8:30 or so, when it's cooler -- yeah, maybe down to 90?) and then will take Bindy for a walk. I need to get to sleep early because I'm supposed to be at work by 6:30 in the morning.

Oh and I have to wash, dry and straighten my hair tonight. So much for having a quiet day, huh? Why do I even try?
Closed Thread