South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 11:20 AM   #1  

Default Ok I thought of one more question.....

How often do you guys use or eat breads or did you in PhaseII?

DId you eat carrots, corn or white potatoes at all?
Old 08-20-2006, 01:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

I don't eat carrots, corn or white potatoes at all unless I consider it a cheat. As for how often we eat bread - it differs with each person. Some of us can eat bread and it not effect us...we keep losing weight. I'm not one of those people. I can eat all the brown rice or brown rice products I want but wheat, even sprouted wheat stops me from losing. You have to try each thing slowly and see how it effects you. Every body is different.
Old 08-21-2006, 07:45 AM   #3  

I eat bread in the form of a sourdough english muffin a few times a week for breakfast... I eat corn white potatoes or carrots maybe once a month. I don't miss them ... I do miss my pasta, so I do have Dreamfields WWpasta about once a week.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I don't really like white potatoes that much. I found that I liked the butter, sour cream and bacon bits on top of the potato.

I eat whole grain bread (5g fiber-40 calories) daily 1-2 slices. Bread can be tricky.

I'll eat carrots sometimes when I have a salad or need something crunchy, probably a couple times a month.

Corn I'll eat in the summer when it's fresh and oh so good. I even eat it raw. I try to control myself-2 ears a week when it's in season. The rest of the year I don't want it.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:15 AM   #5  

Carrots are now allowed in phase 2. I occasionally have them in salad or in a stew. I love them in beef or lamb stew.

I hardly ever eat potatoes but then I never cared for them much. I eat sweet potato 2-3 times a month. I am more likely to add a turnip to a stew in place of potatoes.

I eat corn on the cob once or twice a year. Brian doesn't care for it on the cob and I don't care for it otherwise so we just eat other vegetables.

I will eat a sandwich with bread once or twice a week but I am more likely to use a tortilla or pita bread than regular bread. I love pita bread pizza although I am now hooked on portobello mushroom pizza. I do make bread crumbs from toasted whole wheat bread and use that occasionally.
Closed Thread