South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 08:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 230.8/226.4/170

Height: 5'5

Smile Hello I am new!

My name is Tara and I have been on South Beach since Monday. I think I am finally getting over the non-carb hump. I am a SAHM with 2 kids (3 1/2 and 9 months). I just wanted to introduce myself! Hope to see you around!
Old 08-18-2006, 09:22 AM   #2  

Welcome to the Beach, Tara!
Old 08-18-2006, 10:43 AM   #3  

Tara! Check out the FAQ section for help on staying on plan.. and the Phase 1 recipe section.. Chock full of great things to make.
Old 08-18-2006, 12:30 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

, Tara!

Glad to have you with us! Sounds like you have your hands full with two little ones...I think Kiko can probably relate! She has two little ones as well, but is a teacher, so she's not around as much during the school year. I know there are others here who are also SAHM or young moms.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

aboard!! This is a great group of people and you'll find lots of support and yummy recipes!!! I don't have kids but I have two dogs....I know - not EVEN the same!
Old 08-19-2006, 10:03 AM   #6  

Yup! Laurie is right- definitely have my hands full! This is an awesome way of eating and you can do it!! My kiddos are 4 1/2 and 14 months. I was very successful in losing all of my pregnancy weight on SBD, now am working on the 20 pounds that I needed to lose when I got pregnant.
Old 08-19-2006, 02:54 PM   #7  

HI everyone,
Barb you have done great. Have you been following south beach the entire time? I need serious motivation and am planning to start south beach tomorrow. I could use alot of the support. i seem to continue to fail at every program i try.Am looking for a buddy to check in daily with.
have a good afternoon everyone.
robbin
Old 08-20-2006, 07:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 178/178/150

Height: 5'2"

Default I'm new too!

I am also new! I started South Beach yesterday. I did it briefly a few months ago with great results (4 lbs in 4 days). However, I started right before some back to back trips, and that was really difficult for phase 1. I am much more focused now, and hoping to use the forum to talk about it and stay with it.
I am a Mom of 2 (4 and 3 years old). My husband is active duty Navy, and will begin to deploy early next year.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:56 AM   #9  
Skinny(er) by Thirty?

S/C/G: 192.2/163.8/154/135

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome to the beach! You both can do this! Take a deep breath and think about how good you are going to feel!

I have already lost 14 lbs. Not only that, but several inches (can't find my starting measurements, but I know the current are smaller (again). Also, my blood pressure was lower when I went to the Dr. 2 weeks ago!

And the best that I have learned is that when I slip up, it's ok, just get back onto my "beach towell" as soon as I can. I minimize the bad carbs, and I am doing awesome.

However, when I notice a plateau, I look at what I have been eating in the past few days, and see if there is anything specific that needs to be addressed. (and I also measure inches to see if I am losing there instead - additionally my scale does body fat, so it is nice to see that go down, even if the lb doesn't!)

Good Luck!
Old 08-20-2006, 08:28 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/178/150

Height: 5'2"

Thanks for being so welcoming. I think my light bulb moment was a few months ago. I was reading alot about the higher risk for heart disease if your waist is over 35". At 27 my waist was bigger than that. Plus, my mother has adult onset diabetes, and I don't want to go down that road. I remember not wanting to be my mother's size when I was a teenageer, and I am half way there. I want to set a good example of health for my daughter.
However, we have had 2 driving vacations and redid our kitchen this summer, so sticking to phase 1 while eating out and with my mother's cooking was difficult.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:52 AM   #11  

You are all so great.
Today is day one , yippiee.. gotta do this. It reaqlly helps to to read all these support boards. i definately need to check in with someone every day. Anyone looking for one on one emails as well as these boards let me know.
gonna go eat some eggss now!!! have a good day everyone.
robbin
Old 08-20-2006, 09:03 AM   #12  

Welcome Tara, BubbaRye & Keen.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:54 AM   #13  

I already have a question for you all,
I have not read all of the south beach diet book so can you tell me if we are allowed diet pop? and is regular salad dressing ok?
Old 08-21-2006, 10:17 AM   #14  

Keen- I lost the first few pounds of water when my doctor put me on a diuretic for my blood pressure (I was already on two other drugs for it). I then started on South Beach and the weight has come off slowly. I no longer take anything for my blood pressure and my cholesterol is now normal so that is good enough for me. It's taking me awhile to get to goal but that is fine. Post in the daily and you will find lots of support. I try to log in daily but, like most of us, am pretty busy.

You are allowed Diet pop but you probably want to limit how much caffeine you have. Personally, I seem to gain if I drink too much diet soda but everyone is different.

I know there are guidelines on salad dressing somewhere. Probably in the FAQ section. I think it has to do with 3 grams of sugar or less and only containing good fats. I use a balsamic vinaigrette which is allowed so I haven't looked at the guidelines lately.
Closed Thread