Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 01:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 262/218/145

Height: 5'4'

Default Metabolic Research Center

Has anyone gone to the Metabolic Research Center for their diet plan? They have an advertisement in the paper about losing 60 pounds before Halloween and it sure is tempting! I looked it up on the web and they do have a diet plan plus you drink some liquid, but that's all I know about it. If you have in input, sure would appreciate it.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 184/162/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Metabolic Research centers (MRC)

I am going to MRC. I have most 15 pounds in 38 days. I really enjoy going to the one near me in Oregon. I think what helps is the support that they give. It is just incredible. Also what I find very helpful is the life classes. It changes every week. Some of the topics that have been covered are grief, and control issues. They staff at my center are not pushy when it comes to product sales. I mentioned how I was concerned with how much it cost and they worked with me. They said there are certain things you need to take to help give your body the nutrients it needs and I could buy them anywhere. Those were a good multivitamin, flax seed pills for omega fats. Of course they recommended other supplements, but really did not seem to mind that I did not want or believe in the pills.
You are given at 3 plans. Now before I tell you about them let first start with. The reason I am losing weight is because I am eating less! There is nothing magical about it. What is magical is the incredible support they give.
Alright As I was saying you start off with pre-conditioning. Which is before you start with "Program" This is so when you start your program you won't go into with draws. For me this meant cutting out caffeine. You cut out caffeine, processed sugar, and start drinking your 64 ounces of water. Then after you do that for a minimum of 5 days you go to food instruction. This is where they tell you about how, what, and why you will be eating the way they tell you. They will also try to sell you supplements at this time. Once again no pressure. The only thing you are required to take is drink supplement with breakfast, lunch, and somewhere else during the day.
I asked one of the workers and they are not given commission for selling the drink supplements because they are required. 1 box is $7 or 5 for $50.
Then you are given a meal plan for the first 3 days. Then another one for the next 5. Then one more that you will be staying on until you reach your healthy weight goal. 2-5 pounds a week. My average right now is 2.8 pounds a week.
I am very satisfied with MRC. When I have a weak moment I just call them up or go into the office and we talk about it. They have been times when I just show up because I make a detour to them instead of the grocery or bakery and they help me through the tough times. Not to mention the ladies that work there are funny! It helps to have a sense of humor and not beat you up to much if you mess up.
Hope that helped
Old 08-20-2006, 02:38 PM   #3  

Thanks so much for the information. I did sign up for the six weeks that the ad was talking about and she told me that if I continue, that $99 will go toward the rest of the course. They were so busy the day that I was there, they sort of ran me through the application, I had to wait to be weighed, then they told me about the supplements and to drink 64 oz of water a day and they would see me Friday (next) for my food orientation. They didn't measure me or anything. Frankly, I think they forgot about me and just sent me on my way, but I read what you wrote and I saw what she said about how much weight I would lose by April 25th, 2007 (100 pounds!!) and I'm sold. I'll do whatever they say. She did emphasize that I must drink the liquid drink I think 3Xdaily - with meals, I suppose, because that is most important.
Please keep me posted on how you're doing. I'm pretty sure I'm in it for the long haul. I think I've found a keeper diet! finally.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:14 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4

So can one of yall tell me about how much the program cost? I want to get an estimate before I make a consulation appt.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 184/162/135

Height: 5'4"

I have lost 25 pounds so far. Granted I took a week and completely went off plan and slowed down my progress, but at least I knew what might happen and it was not a surprise.

As for how much the program costs, it depends on how much weight you have to lose. I paid I think $178. Maybe a bit more or less. The program itself I found to be very reasonable considering how much support they give me. If I don't show up for a week they call me. I know because when I went off for a week and did not show they called and it was at the right time when I needed it.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:18 PM   #6  

My cost was tabulated at what or how much weight I wanted to lose. I paid the $99.00 up front for a trial basis of six weeks, then when I go back, that $99.00 will go toward the rest of my cost. I believe she said something like $240 + for my 100 pounds. I have been very happy with it so far, not losing fast but averaging 2.5 lbs a week. Once you have paid the money, the only cost you will have will be for any supplements that you buy and you must buy the drink supplements but you get seven in a pack for eleven dollars and I go once a week, so I buy 2 boxes. They also have some soup and chocolate pudding and vanilla pudding. The creams are ok, but I'm sticking with the drinks. They are delicious and they do keep you from getting hungry. I'm very pleased.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:29 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolow View Post
My cost was tabulated at what or how much weight I wanted to lose. I paid the $99.00 up front for a trial basis of six weeks, then when I go back, that $99.00 will go toward the rest of my cost. I believe she said something like $240 + for my 100 pounds. I have been very happy with it so far, not losing fast but averaging 2.5 lbs a week. Once you have paid the money, the only cost you will have will be for any supplements that you buy and you must buy the drink supplements but you get seven in a pack for eleven dollars and I go once a week, so I buy 2 boxes. They also have some soup and chocolate pudding and vanilla pudding. The creams are ok, but I'm sticking with the drinks. They are delicious and they do keep you from getting hungry. I'm very pleased.

Thanx for that info, I plan on going on Friday to start the program. I want to lose 100lbs also. Me and you should keep in contact
Old 09-25-2006, 10:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 303.5/see ticker/153.5

Height: 5'5"

I started at MRC on September 2nd and have lost 13 pounds so far. . . I can't say enough good things about this program. Yes, it's expensive, but a lot less expensive than paying doctors for the rest of your life, right? :-) I have about 150 pounds to lose and have been losing 5.6 pounds per week on average. I should be down about 120 by February 17th. This is the only weightloss program that's ever worked for me. It's great to see that it's working for others as well. Good luck!!!
Old 09-25-2006, 11:31 PM   #9  

Congratulations, Amanda!
Your weight loss so far is fantastic. I just wish mine was going as fast.
Have you bought the 1 ounce daily liquid yet? One lady there said she just drank her capful every day and called it her wine. It is delicious and they had to sell me on it because I told them I did not like anything liquid that even resembled medicine or supplements. I tried it and was sold. I do believe it is giving me more energy. I want to try their foursome thing for weight loss but they say I have to get my doctor's approval for that. I have been having a little difficulty this week wanting something sweet, but I'll get over it. Have you had any problems yet? Just keep up your loosing and keep in touch.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:36 PM   #10  

Dear Lovely,
I'd love to keep in touch with you. We do have about the same problems. I'm also 5'4" with 100 pounds to lose as you read in my post. Also from TX.
When you join Friday, let me know and we'll laugh and cry together. Hopefully more laughing than crying. I really think you'll like it.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:49 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolow View Post
Congratulations, Amanda!
Your weight loss so far is fantastic. I just wish mine was going as fast.
Have you bought the 1 ounce daily liquid yet? One lady there said she just drank her capful every day and called it her wine. It is delicious and they had to sell me on it because I told them I did not like anything liquid that even resembled medicine or supplements. I tried it and was sold. I do believe it is giving me more energy. I want to try their foursome thing for weight loss but they say I have to get my doctor's approval for that. I have been having a little difficulty this week wanting something sweet, but I'll get over it. Have you had any problems yet? Just keep up your loosing and keep in touch.
Yep, I take 2 capfuls of Liquid Minerals every day. I feel like I fill up on pills every day but it's working so I don't complain I even wore a dress on Saturday that I hadn't worn in two years. Everytime I go to the center and I lose more weight, it gives me more motivation to go home and keep it up. Have you bought the cookbook yet? I am a huge fan of the fried chicken coated in melba. It's amazing! I also love to coat tilapia (or another available white fish) in melba. I had never bought melba prior to this and it's become a staple in my kitchen now. To get over my "sweet" cravings, I use Fruit Punch Crystal Light. It actually tastes a lot like Kool-Aid and can be used in moderation as part of my water intake. I just wish I could get my family to join in.

This would be a great place to share recipes that we've found that are on program. Have you found any favorites?
Old 09-26-2006, 11:33 AM   #12  

Hi ladies,
Guess we will be each others support system because we all are doing the same diet and have about the same amount of weight to lose so I will most definetly be looking to yall for support and hope you will do the same in me.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:40 AM   #13  

Sounds great to me. One of my biggest struggles in the beginning was increasing the water intake. I didn't drink water at all before doing this, but now it's the only thing I drink besides the High Nutrient Supplements. I'm a big fan of the Wildberry Passion and Mixed Berry but didn't like the Peach mango at all.

Here's my food intake from yesterday, just to give you an example of what's working for me:

Breakfast - 1 meduim egg and 2 oz. sharp Cheddar cheese with 1 slice of Sara Lee 45 calorie whole wheat bread

Lunch - Baked chicken (Mrs. Dash) with asparagus and 1/2 grapefruit

Snack - 1oz. Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Dinner - Melba Fried Chicken with broccoli

What are your days looking like?
Old 09-26-2006, 11:48 AM   #14  

I haven't started the program yet. I go for my consultation on friday, and plan on starting my diet 10/1/06. I already asked the other ladies but, about how much did u end up spending to start the program?
Old 09-26-2006, 12:00 PM   #15  

To start the program I think the base was $369. That covers 24 weeks of program, 6 weeks of stabilization and 1 year of maintenance. They guarantee that you will lose a certain amount of weight by your 24 week mark or they will allow you to remain on program until you lost that amount. For me, it's 72 pounds minimum by February 17th. (My family and I leave for a Panama Canal Cruise on February 21st, so that's perfect. . . now I just have to find a swimsuit in February in Kansas. . . not going to be easy) At my consultation, I also bought all of the herbs and vitamins that she recommended. I was willing to do whatever it took to get this weight off for good. That added another approximately $200 to the total I paid that day. It was under $600. . . I want to say $534. Then, I do 5 High Nutrient Supplements per day. There are 7 in each box and they cost $11 per box or 5 boxes for $50. On day 5, you get to have the creamy HNS. I love the Double Chocolate Pudding.

I was told that they can adapt the program to your budget. If you can't afford the drinks, they can do a program with just the pills. Either way, these people know what they're talking about and I couldn't ask for better support from virtual strangers. Definitely take advantage of the classes that they offer. They even give you a list of eating establishments that you can order from without worrying about going off program. I had dinner at a steakhouse with my mom on Sunday night and didn't go off program at all. It's nice to be able to live "normally" while on this program. Let me know if you have any questions after your consultation. I'd be happy to help!
Closed Thread