Old 08-16-2006, 01:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Just want to say something

Hi-

I cannot believe that I went for over a year, missing out on this board. Where the heck was my head? Its strange for me. Something just "clicked" and I feel EXACTLY like I did the last time I went for it (in 2004) I always said I'm an all or nothing kind of girl-- I didn't have the time or know-how to manage my new family (baby in particular), all the new changes along with my weight loss efforts. Each time I tried to do baby steps, or change one thing slowly, I failed. The time is right for me now... It all goes back to the All or nothing thing that it built in to my mind. I am giving it everything I've got now. I'm focused, driven and want so much now more than ever to succeed. We're all wired so differently aren't we? Just goes to show what works for one person doesn't necessairly work for another. That's the great thing about being human and being individuals.

Thank you to all that have been so encouraging through my failed attempts and Thank you all for the positive reinforcement this time. Its great to be back.
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 02:52 PM   #2  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

WE're so glad you are back with us, Gretchen.....you are an inspiration to us!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 03:02 PM   #3  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Gretchen, it's so great to hear you say that

I'm so happy to see you back...we've missed you terribly.

I have also lost my way, and undone all the progress I made last year. I feel terrible about it...but each night now, I can feel my click screaming in the back of my mind while I eat myself into oblivion. My body hurts, I'm sad, tired and frightened. But after saying all of that...I can also say that I know deep in my heart that my change is just around the corner...I just feel it.

I am SO PROUD of you
Missed you, love you

Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 03:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey Linda--- when you feel so down and out, read this...

So I've began a new project. Let me tell you about it...

I was so excited to start this new project. I'd been thinking about it but kind of put it on the back burner. I didn't think I'd have enough energy to take on something new. Its an important project but I never really brought it to the forefront until now.

I went to the store and bought all the things needed to begin. I picked up every tool and supply I thought I might need. I prepared myself for the task at hand. Although I knew it would be a tough and lengthy project, I also knew that in the end, its something I'd always wanted to do and what better time to start than today.

As I got into the project, I started to run into some snags, I guess I didn't get everything I needed, maybe I didn't understand the instructions. I started to feel a little frusturated but thought to myself... "No way am I going to quit. I put a lot of thought, time and effort into this. I'm not giving up". I continued on and did run into occasional problems along the way. I often thought about quitting but I didn't. I'd wanted this for so long...

I decided to tap into some resources, I found some others going through a very similar project, some of them just beginning, some in the middle and some almost done. What better place to get some new ideas, new insight and some inspiration to keep me moving along. This makes it a little easier. I continue to plug away.

Some time goes by, the project is well underway and I realize, I've become an expert! I knew the ropes, Its kind of fun! I look forward to working on it now, its pretty easy, eventhough I still run into a few things along the way that might set me back, I know I can do it and I'm almost finished now! I've also realized that there are so many new things to learn about on this project. Finding out what those new things are make it even more exciting!

Once the project is complete, I began to feel a sense of accomplishment but just when I thought it was finished I realized something... I've got to preserve this prize! I also realize I want to show it off. I want to help other people learn how to do the project! It has become the most important project in the world!

Know what it is? IT's ME!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 03:20 PM   #5  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

Gretchen....you ROCK!

Thank you for that...very good

xoxoxo
Linda
famograham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:06 AM   #6  
One pound at a time...

Awesome post Gretchen!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:07 PM   #7  
No description available.

Thank you for your posts, Gretchen, and thank you for your enthusiasm! I admired your efforts from afar pre-Carson and I am thrilled you got your groove back! You are a wonderful inspiration.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 03:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Gretchen, I knew you would be able to find your groove back when you were ready. All those other attempts were just you trying to see if the time was right. Sometimes it is, others it's not. I know how hard it is to try and lose weight after the birth of your child. I couldn't get it together after having my first. I instead gained 50+ pounds and opted to get PG again. . After William, I already knew the ropes of getting used to a new baby and all those routines and was able to find more me time. I plan on getting back on track after Nate's born as well.

It's good to see you back and on track and already being so supportive and encouraging for everyone else too.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 03:40 PM   #9  

Gretchen it is wonderful your positive attitude. I am hoping I can catch it. I too am where you are. I am a project in progress.
luflic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 08:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 340/325/175

Height: 5'8"

Gretchen:
Pass some of that positive attitude my way! Loved the post, and thanks for helping me realize I am a project worth working on and doing a good job on, today has been tough and reading this really helped.
zandersnannyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:33 PM   #11  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

It's great to see you back Gretchen
Raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote