Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2001, 02:30 AM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Default ~~ The Thin Group #69 ~~

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2000. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

Love, CJ
Old 12-13-2001, 02:31 AM   #2  
CJ

Please do take a moment to check out the last posts of #68 ... I put a really cute song on there for ya all ....
Old 12-13-2001, 10:43 AM   #3  
Conquering with SBD

CJ, I read all your posts from last night. Nobody else was up, so you were talking to yourself. I find I do that sometimes, but it's nice to hear yourself once in a while... LOL

I have voted on the size of the threads and also went into the profile to change my thread length. Thanks for the info, it makes a difference.

I am really watching my weight closely now because I still have a few pounds that I want to lose before Christmas. If I am not careful at this time of year, my weight slips up, then I get frustrated and don't want to go back to the weight loss program. I have done very well, but there are a couple of parties over the next 2 days that I must make sure I manage well.

Today, I wore my the skirt that I bought for Christmas last year, thinking that it wouldn't be too bad with a long sweater over it. I have rolled it up three times to make the waste smaller, and finally had to pin it to keep it from falling off my hips. I am usually the only woman that works in this building, so want to make sure that I don't give the guys a show today. I'd never hear the end of it...

Guess I better go. The boss just walked in and thinks I am busy working. Little does he know.
Old 12-13-2001, 10:51 AM   #4  
CJ

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!! Did ya hear that? WI today has me down 2 lbs! 1/2 more lb to go to get back to where I was before our trip .... whew! Next week I'm gonna get out of the 170's! For sure!!!!!

Peggy: I know I was talking to myself last nite (this morning?) but someone hears me eventually! LOL I just know you are going to make your goal for christmas. Good job about the skirt. Well, guess I better go post our updates. Busy day today.

Love, CJ

Last edited by CJ; 12-13-2001 at 11:34 AM.
Old 12-13-2001, 11:27 AM   #5  
Mistress of My Universe

Default Morning, Morning

Hi Ya'll,

Well, CJ, you sure kept yourself amused last night! LOL! I hate it when I'm up and no one is online late at night. Thank goodness, I usually fall asleep easily! CONGRATS on the weight loss--that is wonderful

Oh, and how do you make those beautiful graphics you always have at the end of your signature?

Sweet Tooth (Peggy, right?), I think it's about time you go SHOPPING, WOMAN! LOL! That skirt must be a 'little' too big! Must feel wonderful though knowing what used to fit barely fits, in the right way!

So where is everyone else this lovely morning? *COUGH* *COUGH* Ya, I love this kind of weather.
Old 12-13-2001, 12:13 PM   #6  
Long Lost Chickie

Better late than never! Just checking in. I'm swamped at work and am totally unprepared for my 2:30 meeting. Just heard about it an hour ago. Ah, who cares? That's my attitude today. Took a Doan's PM pill last night and it knocked me unconscious but didn't help the back much. Broke into the prescription stuff this morning I admit. But I'm feeling better. At least able to sit here ... and in the meeting this afternoon. Yuck.

Peggy, Kitten's right! Get out there and get your skinny self some clothes!! I have the company Christmas party tomorrow and tried on the outfit I bought for it about a month ago. Fits just fine, thank you very much. (It was a bit tight when I bought it.)

Now what was that strange sound??? Sounded like someone yelling Yeeeeaaahhh but I don't see anyone. Must be someone too thin to see? Could it be? Yes, it's Queen Brat! Pretty sneaky sitting up through the night just to start new threads and come up with these polls, etc. BTW, I voted too. And congratulations, Your Majesty!!!

Well, I dropped off my car last night and .... got a ride home. Just couldn't do the walk. My back was killing me and I didn't want to get halfway home and not make it the rest of the way. Thought about doing a nice short slow walk on the treadmill but just gave in to the medication instead and went to bed. Oh, it's tough to get old....

Who said that!?!?! Not me!

Well, I have decided to go to the luncheon/party tomorrow and be very very good and then weigh in as usual on Saturday morning. The true test! I've been thinking though that something will have to give soon. I've been on this yo-yo plateau way too long. I think I'll just have to be careful during the holidays but not beat myself up too badly and then do the same old new year's resolutions thing. Maybe 2002 will be The Year Of Jo!?

Hm, nice ring to it.

Well, a coworker just came in with a McD's bag and the smell is starting to waft my way. Could be time to go fill my water bottle!

Hope you all have a good one!
Much love, Jo.
Old 12-13-2001, 05:52 PM   #7  
Conquering with SBD

Thought I would check in with everyone this afternoon. I have already been bad today. I'm over points by 1 already, and it's not supper time yet. Weeellll, we had another turkey dinner at work today, so won't be eating much for dinner anyway. I think it will probably be 0 pt. soup...and more water.

About the shopping...I did do some one lunch time about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Had to wait until hubby couldn't see how much I am spending. LOL I bought some size 10 stuff to see if I could get through until I am the weight that I want to be. After that, I will really go on a splurge. Yes, and I'll be taking the "male" wallet with me. Until then, I don't want to spend too much on in between stuff, cause I am hoping to be at my goal weight by the end of March at the latest.

I have to buy a bathing suit before then, though, cause want to do some swimming at the hotel that we are staying at during the holidays. I'm sure that I would be arrested if wore the one that I have now...

I just went to a Christmas reception with my boss. Now, my boss is a huge, huge man (ex-RCMP officer), while my husband is a teeny weeny person (you know shcool teacher with glasses). When we were finished at the reception, the boss and I left at the same time that a group of policemen were coming in. I knew one of the policemen, but he is accustomed to seeing me with my hubby. He looked the other way and pretended not to have seen me (with a strange man). I stopped to see if he would turn around, but he just kept on walking. I can hardly wait to hear the rumors that our friends will be telling over Christmas. (hehehe)

CJ - Do, do, do, do, do, do (In case you don't recognize that, it's a trumpet).

CONGRATULATIONS: 2 pounds. Great job on the weight loss. The journalling is working and the drinking water. What a great reward for you. Keep this up for the next week and you will be down to the 160s before Christmas. I'm so happy for you, you have done so well.

Kitten - Good to hear from you. How is your weight loss coming? What are you planning for Christmas?

Jo - I feel so bad for you about your back. I have done that so much in the past. Seems to happen with me the day AFTER I do something strenuous. (This could actually be a commercial for NOT exercising.) Hope it will soon be back to normal, but I know the pain is not pleasant while you are going through it. Of course, one of the worst things for it, is sitting...

Isn't it neat to be able to get into the Christmas outfit. You will look stunning at the party tomorrow. If you can, attach a pic, so we can see the outfit on you. I love to see everyone in their Chrismtas clothes. It's such a special time of year.

I'm glad you made the decision to not throw caution to the wind tomorrow. It is truly difficult, but I know that you can do it. You have made up your mind in advance, and that is halfway to completing your plan. Good Luck.

I am going out for dinner tomorrow night. Fortunately, I got the dinner menu in advance, so already know what I am planning to eat. In fact, it is already written in my journal. I still need to make a couple of adjustments, depending on how the food is prepared (fried, grilled, sauces, etc.). I think I have it down to the things I intend to have. That's the plan, anyway. This is a fundraising event for the Culinary Team at the college I work at. They compete in the world culinary competitions every year (this year in Singapore) and have brought the Gold Medal home for the last 4 or 5 years. Sooooo, you know what kind of dinner this will be.

Hubby was told that he was to be going back to Qatar on Jan. 2, but that was cancelled this week. Soooo, now I can get the BIG job barrel out. I think the January work will be to gut one of the bathrooms and renovate. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

We are still hoping to get the kitchen finished by Christmas, but I don't think the counter tops will be ready. The rest of that will have to wait until the January job barrel appears. People ask him how he stays so skinny. It couldn't be my whip, could it?

Hope everyone is staying OP this week (I've slipped a couple of times already, but not very big slips), that way you will have a good start on the Christmas season. Take care.

Last edited by sweet tooth; 12-14-2001 at 09:46 AM.
Old 12-13-2001, 07:18 PM   #8  
CJ

I thought you would appreciate this one ...

Twelve days of fast food

On the first day of Christmas,
my drive through gave to me:
a Big Bacon Classic with cheese.

On the second day of Christmas,
Two Happy Meals,
and a Big Bacon Classic with cheese.

On the third day of Christmas,
Three Biggie Fries,
Two Happy Meals,

On the fourth day of Christmas,
Four Egg McMuffins,
Three Biggie Fries,
Two Happy Meals,

On the fifth day of Christmas,
Five onion rings,
Four Egg McMuffins,
Three Biggie Fries,
Two Happy Meals,

On the sixth day of Christmas,
My drive through gave to me:
Six chocolate milkshakes,
Five onion rings,
Four Egg McMuffins,
Three Biggie Fries,
Two Happy Meals,

On the seventh day of Christmas,
Seven pints of cole slaw,
Five onion rings,
Four Egg McMuffins,
Three Biggie Fries,
Two Happy Meals,

On the eighth day of Christmas,
Eight bowls of chili,
Five onion rings,
Four Egg McMuffins,
Three Biggie Fries,
Two Happy Meals,

On the ninth day of Christmas,
Nine polish hot dogs,
Eight bowls of chili,
Five onion rings,
Four Egg McMuffins,
Three Biggie Fries,
Two Happy Meals,

On the tenth day of Christmas,
Ten baked potatoes,
Nine polish hot dogs,
Eight bowls of chili,
Five onion rings,
Four Egg McMuffins,
Three Biggie Fries,
Two Happy Meals,

On the eleventh day of Christmas,
Eleven pounds of blubber,
Ten baked potatoes,
Nine polish hot dogs,
Eight bowls of chili,
Five onion rings,
Four Egg McMuffins,
Three Biggie Fries,
Two Happy Meals,

On the twelfth day of Christmas,
Twelve bags of Pepto,
Eleven pounds of blubber,
Ten baked potatoes,
Nine polish hot dogs,
Eight bowls of chili,
Five onion rings,
Four Egg McMuffins,
Three Biggie Fries,
Two Happy Meals,

Love, CJ
Old 12-14-2001, 09:33 AM   #9  
Long Lost Chickie

Just a quickie! Sitting here in my "holiday best" trying to get a day's worth of work done in another hour and a half. Then it's off to the festivities. It's pouring and foggy outside and just a miserable day, especially when you're wearing anything other than jeans, sneakers and an old sweatshirt but here's Jo trying to keep her hair in place balanced on high heels. I feel blah. Hope the party cheers me up.

Back is feeling better but I took another Doan's pill just in case so I'm going to skip the booze and go for water and/or club soda. The big trick is going to be the food. The buffet menu was planned by a skinny person. There's virtually nothing that isn't pasta or covered with fatty sauces, etc. What was she thinking!? (Well, knowing her, she was thinking of only herself. Typical. You know the type.) Wonder if it'd be rude to chew bubble gum throughout the luncheon? Guess I'd better not.

I confess to getting on the scale this morning and simply do not understand it. I've been so good but the scale's gone up. I simply have got to find a way to break this *@!# plateau!!!!

Gotta run. Still have a pile of paperwork to plow through. And another bottle of water to drink. Hey, every little bit helps. Think when I get there, my first stop will be to locate the ladies room!!

Love you guys!
Jo
Old 12-14-2001, 11:33 AM   #10  
Conquering with SBD

Just popping in to wish everyone a gread weekend. I have posted the next weekly challenge - this one is acutally a 2 week challenge.

Question: Can you guess what it is this week?

Answer: Read the challenge and sign up.

Have a great one. I'll be back on Monday, for sure. Earlier if I get some time (and can pry son #1 off my computer) this weekend.

Luv,
Old 12-16-2001, 09:33 AM   #11  
CJ

Default Sharing with you .....

Thought you might enjoy this recipe:

Best Ever Rum Cake

1 or 2 qts rum 1 c. butter
1 tsp. sugar 2 lg. eggs
2 c. dried fruit baking powder
1 tsp. soda lemon juice
brown sugar nuts

Before you start, sample the rum to check for quality. Good isn't it! Now go ahead, select a large mixing bowl, measuring cup, etc. Check the rum again. It must be just right. To be sure rum is of highest quality, pour 1 level cup of rum into glass and drink as fast as you can. Repeat. With an electric mixer, beat 1 cup butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add a seaspoon of tugar and beat again. Try snother cup. Open second bottle if necessary.

Add two orge laggs, 2 cups fried druit, and beat until high. If the druit gets stuck in the beater, just pry it loose with a srewumdriver. Sample the rum agin, checking for toncestcity. Next sift 3 cups baking powder, a pinch or rum, a steaspoon of toda, and a cup of salt or pepper (it really doesn't matter). Shample the bum agian. Sift 9/2 pints of lemin juice.

Fold in schlopped butter and strained nuts. Add 1 bablespoon of brown
sugar, or whatever color you can find. Wix mell. Grease the oven and turn turn cake pan to 300 gredees. Schmeells goo. (ead you hartout Aunt B!)

Hahahahahahahahahahaha
Love, CJ
Old 12-16-2001, 09:44 AM   #12  

Default Remember Me?????

Hi Thin Group........

It's been so long since I have posted here! I wrote CJ a letter the other night and told her that I'm going to start posting here with ya'll after the holidays!

My weight issue hasn't been going too well lately! I have gained & gained!! BUT starting the 1st of the year....I WILL do something about it!! I'll need lots of motivation!!

Wanted to drop by and wish ya'll a Merry Christmas!!

I miss ya'll!! {{{{{ HUGS }}}}} to ALL! (Did ya feel that CJ & Sharon?)

Love,
Sherry (Sher-Bear)

P.S. CJ.....That's the EXACT Rum Cake that I made last year!!! LOL!!!
Old 12-16-2001, 09:54 AM   #13  
CJ

Default TO TRICIA:

TRICIA: You had asked me how I made my christmas grafics at the end of my posts? Well, I have to admit that I did not make the christmas dollz - I have an online friend that made those for me - I believe she uses Photo Shop Pro ... I have made a couple myself but they don't look as good as the ones my friend made - maybe some day, since I just got the program and have to learn how to use it. When I learn I'll make ya all a dollz, ok? After christmas tho. Here is one I did myself - you can see it's more "beginners" ... LOL

Love, CJ
Old 12-16-2001, 09:58 AM   #14  
CJ

SHERRY! We must have been posting at the same time - sooooooo glad to see you back posting with us! And yes, I sure did feel that hug! Thanks ..... Here's one back (HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGG)!

We're all basically trying to maintain (and maybe lose some) thru the holidays - then after the 1st - look out! Don't be such a stranger now - post with us a lot, ok?

Glad to see you back! I have really missed you, and I know Sharon has too!

Love, CJ
Old 12-16-2001, 10:05 AM   #15  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Hi everyone,
I have been trying to get though the last few days. My sister in law, Chrissy of our Thin Group, called me the other day from Michigan and said that she had to take my Dad, Papa to the hospital. He had gotten the flu and had been throwing up blood. He also hates going to the doctor or the hospital but she talked him into it, being a nurse she knew something was not right. So he went and they ran some tests on him, turns out he has a tumor that is taking up half of his stomach. So they did a biopsy and took some other tests, including a cat scan of the brain, they want to see if it is cancerous and if it is anyplace else. But we won't know the results of everything probaly till Monday. So I have been on the phone constantly with her and my brother, Skip is now living in Florida so we have kept in touch through the phone. I have talked to my Dad and his spirits so far have been pretty good, but it is so hard to think the worst. He is 85 yrs old and has always been in fairly good health so far. My Mom died about 5 yrs ago after a quad by-pass so he doesn't have her and my other remaining brother is Jerry and he is a bit older than me and mildy retarted, so he can't do too much. So bless my sister in law, Chrissy has been taking care of Jerry and going back and forth to the hospital to see Dad as has her daughters, my nieces Emily and Ellen who are 18 and 20 so they are a big help as well with everything. My gosh Chrissy has been through so much with the murder of my younger brother Rick a couple of years ago. We just got through the trial last year and she has had to deal with so much. I feel so bad that I am Indiana and no longer live in Michigan so plan on going there soon as soon as I know the results of the biopsy. I have been so upset these last few days and am trying to be positive as I usually am, but Chrissy says it doesn't look good. I feel so bad for my Dad and all he has to go through, and I feel guilty that we didn't make him go to the hospital sooner. Chrissy had been working on him to get a check up and some blood work done for some time and he always says he is alright and doesn't need to do that. He is so stubborn, loving but stubborn. So we will see what happens on Monday and I hope and pray the news is good.

Anyways, how is everyone doing on their program? I am not eating too much because my stomach is all in knots just thinking about my Dad. I just don't feel like eating much, Ken took me out to Grindstone Charleys after I got home from work cause he asked me what I had eaten and I said 4 Chicken In A Biscuit crackers and he said "What? You are going to go out and eat something, you can't just have 4 Chicken In A Biscuit all day" So we went and I did have some chili and a salad, all I felt like eating. Didn't want a big steak dinner with all the trimmings so at least I did eat something.

Sherry-Sher-Bear is that really you? Oh my gosh I am so happy that you are back and posted with us. Do you know how much I have missed you? I talk to CJ about you ALL THE TIME, saying I wish you would come back. I was even going to email you and ask you to come back. I don't think this place is quite the same without your wonderful and uplifting posts. How wonderful that you are back here. Yes I felt your wonderful hug and here is one back for you.
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((SHERRY)))))) ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Jello-How is your back feeling? I sure hope it gets better soon. That can't be much fun with all that pain and having to take all the medicine. How did you party go? Did you do good or throw caution to the wind? LOL I'll bet you did really good if I know you. You have done so well on your weight loss and whatever happens, I know you would get right back on the band wagon anyways. Hope you had fun at the party. Let us know how it went.

CJ-Thanks for the cute song you did on #68, it fits with our group so well too. LOL I also love the 12 Days Of Fast Food one. Too funny! Way to go on that 2 pound loss, see I TOLD YOU IF YOU WOULD JUST KEEP ON WORKING ON YOUR PROGRAM IT WOULD PAY OFF. I know you are doing the HAPPY DANCE. HA HA Did you get into the rum too when you made your rum cake like I did? LOL

Tricia-I am here, were you getting lonely talking to yourself? LOL How are you doing this weekend? I know how you feel, cause right now I know I am probaly the only one here till tomorrow.

Peggy-Isn't that great having your skirt way too big? That is one benefit of losing all that weight. Good going! That is good that you got some new clothes-Size 10? YOU GO GIRL! How did your dinner go?

Chrissy-Thanks so much for you and Emily and Ellen being there for Papa, I just don't know what I would do without you. I love you so much. I am also very proud of how great you have been doing in your classes. You are so smart do you know that? Well you are. I am also so proud of you that you quit smoking, even with all the stress you have had with Ricks death and everything else you didn't give in. I know Em and El are sooo proud of you too, for everything you have become.
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{CHRISSY}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} }}

Well guys time to get off here. I now work at Bath and Body Works for the holidays and have to call in today to see if they need me as I am on call. They have been wonderful to me and last night I though we might get the results of Dad's biopsy and I had to work and was having a hard time trying to be all happy as I was the greeter so the manager Christine was really nice and told me that she knew I had alot on my plate and it was nice of me to come in and to go ahead home and be with my family. That was so sweet of her, everyone has been wonderful there and Ijust started. They said if I had to go to Michigan they would cover my shifts so that is one less thing I have to worry about.

Take care guys and hope everyone had a wonderful Sunday today.

Love you, Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 12-16-2001 at 10:10 AM.
Closed Thread