Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2001, 09:24 AM   #1  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default Why Do They Work?

The thing is people, ALLLLLLLL these diet plans have a catch to them regarding losing weight that of course is only fine print. Every miracle diet I have ever seen or participated in has a diet plan that goes with it. The diet plan is a low fat diet plan for heaven's sake. You end up spending money for something you can get free from your doctor or even on the net. You keep sending them money for stuff that doesn't work, thrilled because you are losing weight when in fact, your diligence to sticking to the diet is what is doing it. I too have fallen for all this junk time and time again!

They tell you to eat whatever you want, but when the stuff is delivered to your house, nine times out of ten it will come with a diet plan that tells you that you will increase your weight loss if you follow the plan. NOOO, you will lose weight because you are eating less fat and sugar and it has nothing to do with their phoney, sprays, shakes, pills, etc.

Save your money and spend it on a good healthy program like WW or Richard Simmons or for new clothes. Weight loss is hard work and you just have to be committed to it for it to work. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!
Old 12-12-2001, 09:41 AM   #2  

Hear hear! I couldn't agree more. I don't think anyone can lose weight until they are ready to mentally.

Old 12-13-2001, 11:08 AM   #3  
Are We Nearly There Yet?!

Oooooops, Phoebe - found you again!
Yup - I agree with both of you...
Bask... you're absolutely right - essentially these things ALL boil down to the science of it... expend more than you take in...
And Phoebe - you know me too well anyway! Positivity has a LOT to do with weight loss... which is why people look for magic solutions - to get out of the viscious circle... eat-put on weight-get depressed-eat-put on weight-get depressed-eat You get the picture!
Old 02-24-2002, 04:06 PM   #4  

Default Why Do They Work?

You are all absolutely right. There ain't no free lunch. I recommend trotting down to your library and checking out The Fat of the Land, by Michael Fumento, which is very helpful in sorting through all the weight-loss hype. Or, I can even save you the trip to the library. To lose weight, we need to EAT LESS and MOVE MORE.
The book is still an interesting read. I corresponded briefly with Mr. Fumento and he seems extremely hostile towards fat people, which is odd since he claims he used to be one, but he keeps his hostility out of his book and seems to have done his homework, with one exception. He claims Lane Bryant uses fat models and of course every woman in America (we all receive LB catalogs, whether we want them or not) knows they use the standard models who are 6 feet tall and weigh 100 pounds soaking wet. (Why they do this, I do not know; does anybody know?) However, that is a minor error, and if you follow his advice you will lose weight slowly and it will stay off. Good luck!
Old 03-04-2002, 04:43 PM   #5  
it's always something

Very good advice! It's so true that most of them tell you to follow the diet plan, and usually in very fine print before you place your order.

But don't you just love the other fine print from the testimonials, that say "results not typical" ! Or the guarantee that promises you will lose up to xx pounds, which could mean 1/2 pound and they are still living up to their promise.
Closed Thread