Old 08-15-2006, 10:12 PM   #1  

Default How late is too late?

This is my third and hopefully final time to loose my weight. It sure can creep up after 40's. I have been eating good since August 1st. My question is...I seem to comfort myself in the evenings with food, even if I am not hungry, I just eat and eat. The only difference now is I have been stopping when I reach my daily allowance of points. Not always easy though. Does anyone know if there should be a cutoff point as far as the latest time to eat something. I just got finished eating two bowls of "free soup" along with garlic pita's and a WW milk chocolate bar. I am within my points for the day but am wondering about how late it is since I will be going to bed soon.

Any thoughts?
Sheila
sheilawkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:35 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

Oprah says that the cut off date should be 3 hours before your bed time... I personally think that if you are within your points or calorie range for the day you are just fine. Nothing worse than going to be hungry!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 01:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

The newest research says the time you eat has no effect on weight loss, it all comes down to calories.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 01:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Sheila: I know where you are coming from. I have a real weakness for bread and milk. It's very soothing for me, even if I'm not hungry. I'm a night owl and usually don't get to bed until 2 or 3 am. We have dinner at 7pm. DH goes to bed at 9 pm. I count calories and I've allowed a milk and bread calorie allowance for late night snacks. I have to cut out some calories earlier in the day but this way even if I'm weak, I don't go over my total for the day. If I'm not in the mood for a snack, that's even better. I only started my weight loss journey on Aug 3r, but I'm down 7 lbs. This may not work for everyone, but it's working for me.
harkeyvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 07:23 AM   #5  

As one of the other posters indicated, there is nothing that indicates the lateness of when you eat your final piece of food has anything to do with losing weight. HOWEVER, for your bodie's wellbeing, you should give yourself about 2 hours before you go to bed, especially if you are a bit older. You tend to have more problems with heart burn and indigestion in later years and you should not go to bed right after having eaten. On top of that, I believe you sleep better if you aren't full of food when you go to bed.

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote