Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 10:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 254.2/238/135

Height: 5' 4"

Default Thin Wannabees -#20 ~~

Hello and welcome to the Thin Wannabees!

We are a friendly group of ladies who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another, not just in weight loss, but in all of our daily joys and struggles.

Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

So please join us and let's work together towards a healthier us!!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: The Thin Group[/FONT]
Old 08-08-2006, 10:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 254.2/238/135

Height: 5' 4"

Talking

Okay, so it's not as pretty as when CJ does it, but I started another thread. Hee Hee!!

Well, just noticed I did post number 30, and figured might as well.

Maybe one day, I'll figure out how to make it look all pretty and such. LOL.

Have a good night.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:12 AM   #3  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Hi guys,
This is just a quick post here. I have to get packing. Ken and myself are leaving for New Orleans tomorrow for a week. We have had this trip planned months ago, even before brother, Jerry passed away. I need this time to just get away and clear my head. I have been so busy with Jer's affairs, getting his affairs in order, clearing out his room and everything else you do when someone dies. I have been like a whirling top lately doing all this, but this trip will really do me good. I will write either when I get back or if I an get on Ken's laptop in the hotel maybe than. But just know I am not going forever, just for a week than I will post and will let you know how I am doing.

Kim-Good job starting the new thread. YOU LITTLE BRAT YOU! How do you like those apples? I know you love it! And the most amazing thing of all is that you beat CJ! She must have been in her hot tub sipping Buttershots or something for you to have started the new thread. I love it! Glad that Hannah is back in school and I know you are too. I remember that wonderful feeling of peace and quite I had when all 4 kids were in school after a crazy and noisy summer. LOL

CJ-Where are you and what happened that you let Kim beat you to the new thread. You bad girl! I just sent you an email reply the other day, hope you got it. So you joined Curves too? I think we are are going to Curves. I just love it so much. It has done so much for me. I am happy for you!

TamiL-Congrats on your new job, I knew you could do it. YAAAAAA Do I smell $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$??????? I know you do! That is so great that you got that job, even though you are not excited about what you do, you might just end up loving it.

janicej-Hi again, missed you! You are doing so great on the weight loss! Keep up the good work. Another Curves woman? We are the Curves sisters now!

I have really been thinking of you so much lately and just know I will be back soon. I love you guys, take care, Love you, Sharon

Last edited by Sassy; 08-11-2006 at 12:21 AM.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:56 AM   #4  

I lost a couple of pounds the hard way. We went out to dinner last night and apparently the fish was bad. I was sick all night. My husband had a bite of my fish and he just ended up with an upset stomach. Since I ate the whole meal I paid the price. Yuck!!! I won't be eating there again!

Sharon , I hope you have a nice trip. It will be good to get away for a while.

Kim ,it looks like you may end up taking over CJ's job if she doesn't start posting soon.

TamiL, How's the new job going? have you started yet?

CJ, Where are you ? We miss all your encouraging words.

I still got my Curves workout in today even though I was still feeling tired from such a bad night. I'm trying to go 5 days a week and I didn't want to miss my work out.
Hope you all have a great weekend.
janicej
Old 08-11-2006, 06:20 AM   #5  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

Kim- Way to go starting a new thread. I thought about it but decided I didn't know what to put there, LOL Hope Hannah is having a good time in school. My kids have one more week off and then all of them are officially school aged!!! Yay!!! Its been along time since I could say that with the spacing of my 4 kids.

Sharon- Have fun in New Orleans!! Eat some wonderful cajun food for all of us.

Janice- Way to go with Curves! Keep it up and before you know it you'll be a skinny minnie!!! I hope you are feeling better soon. Fish is always bad, LOL

I start my new job today, well kind of. I have to go in at 11 and fill out a bunch of paperwork. Geez I hope I don't have to get my picture taken for this. I am camera shy. The official start of training is next Monday. My 13 year old daughter will be watching the little ones until school starts and then I have to rely on my relatives for the next few weeks of training. I'll be glad when I can go to my regular evening shift and don't have to worry about the kids when I'm at work. Hubby thinks it will be fine, but, he is usually tired when he gets home so it will be a real eye opener.

Well gotta run, I bought some new clothes for my job and now I have to decide what to wear today. Dress is business casual and I don't have a casual bone in my body. I prefer neutral suits and such. Have a wonderful weekend.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:49 PM   #6  

Just got to more my tracker down 4 pounds! We had a big BBQ last night I was able to stay on track and not pig-out. Have a great weekend.
janicej
Old 08-13-2006, 07:26 AM   #7  
banned

Woo hoo Janice!!! 4 pounds is excellent I am down another pound to 158.......this is getting agonizingly slow lately!! TOM must be coming on next week, usually my weight loss slows until its over for the month. I am hoping to maintain my focus over the next few weeks. I have to go to full time training (8:30 to 5:30) for my new job for 3 weeks. I am really not into this part. I just want to work part time and I'm not used to those long hours anymore!!! On the bright side, school starts in one more week here!!!!
Old 08-14-2006, 09:47 PM   #8  
banned

Good evening ladies. Well today was my first offical day in the work force since April 2001. It was long, boring, and I spent most of the day worrying about my kids being at home with my 13 year old daughter. Then they dropped the bomb, instead of 3 weeks full time I now have to do 5. I have to scramble to find someone to watch my kindergartener and my 7 year old before and after school for 2 extra weeks. So much for my part time job.
This of course has me frantic!

On the bright side, my trainer couldn't believe I was 41 years old. She thought I was alot younger until I told the class about my kids and their ages, LOL Then another lady told me I was a very pretty lady. Not sure how to take that but it was a boost in my long deflated confidence.

As far as eating, well i am definitely not going to let this 5 weeks of full time boredom interfere with my weight loss effort. The other girls can go out to KFC, etc, all they want. I am ashamed to admit I haven't had even 800 calories today. I don't eat when I have the butterflies in the tummy.

Well gotta go and pick up the house, the damn house cleaning fairy still hasn't shown up. Wonder if she ever will??
Old 08-15-2006, 12:31 AM   #9  
I'm a pirate & a princess

S/C/G: 205/205/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi. I wanted to join, if thats alright with you? Wow I noticed that TamiL is almost to her goal. Congrats on on most being there. Well I hope you all have a good week.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:07 AM   #10  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone! Sorry I've not been around - it's been a very hectic week for me. But wanted to get in here and say hello real quick!

Kim:
Hmmmm ... I see you started another thread - so here you go: BRAT BRAT BRAT BRAT BRAT !!!!! lol ........ Hope all is going well with you ...

Janice:
What? Take over my job? I don't think so! LOL ..... you know I always show up sooner or later! Hope you're feeling better now ... Way to go on the 4lb loss! I'm still gong to Curves every day and still loving it! Unfortunately my weight hasn't moved any but I'm not worried - I know it will some day.

Tami:
So now you are a working girl once again! Sometimes I miss working but am loving my retirement! Sorry to hear you have to now go 5 weeks of training instead of 3 ... don't worry, they will go probably just fly by! I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the cleaning fairy - I don't think she is going to show up - lol.

Sharon:
Hope you and Ken are having a good time in New Orleans. Give me a call when you get homel

PiratePrincess:
WELCOME to our group. I hope you post with us often so we can get to know you.

Well ... off to bed for me. I'm feeling a little "icky" right now. I'll check in tomorrow.

Love, CJ
Old 08-15-2006, 09:53 PM   #11  
banned

Hi ya'll! Not much time around here lately to check the threads. Training has been a real adjustment for the entire family. I haven't been eating nearly enough the last few days because I have butterflies in my tummy something fierce! Will try to do a bit better when things settle down for me.

CJ-Hey long time no hear sweetie, glad to see you back around.

PiratePrincess- A huge welcome to you!! Thanks for the nice comments. I am finally getting close to my first goal. I can feel it but I haven't bothered to weigh in this week, its that dreaded time of the month. But I had what I think was a hot flash today so maybe that time will come to an end in a few years, LOL

Well gotta run, will write a more lengthy post when I have some time to catch my breath. Going back to work after 5 years is sooooo hard!!

Tami
Old 08-16-2006, 02:19 PM   #12  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

OK .. just checking in here. Went to Curves this morning - got my chores done - now we are about to leave town for a few days so probably wont' be back in here until late Saturday nite or Sunday sometimes. So everyone have a great weekend - and Tami - hang in there cuz I'm sure things will get much better with the job. Want to hear something funny? I'm actually going to miss Curves! But ... the good thing is I will be doing a lot of walking so I will still be getting lots of exercise .. and I will try really hard to eat properly!

Got to go ... talk to you later

Love, CJ
Old 08-17-2006, 09:56 PM   #13  
banned

CJ- Your gonna miss Curves??? LOL, now thats funny. Have a good trip.

Day 4 at work, did I mention I hate my job yet???? We were put on the floor this afternoon after only two actual days learning bits and peices of the computer system......well the speaker on the phone wasn't loud enough to actually hear the customer, then calls kept dropping, then I miskeyed my password (one of 5 or so) and the computer locked me out. I waited, while a customer was on hold, for a supervisor to reset my password, thus angering the customer, then when I finally get back on the system locks up. Of course I apologized profusely and took her information and said I would call her back when our system was up. Then I try to call her back and the phones won't call out. This happens for a few more calls, I couldn't transfer anything. Finally one of the floor supervisors comes by and says nonchalantly, Oh we took down the outgoing lines because incoming call volumne was too high. Nice of them to let the reps, you know the ones who are actually working, know. Then as soon as one caller hangs up, another call comes in. No time to actually make sure you've covered all your bases. This is extremely frustrating for a total newbie. Guess I know why 4 people in our training class of 12 have already quit. Is this the joy of work?? Not sure if I care to even show up tomorrow at this time. Hubby says it doesn't matter but I'm not a quitter so it does.

Oh well tomorrow is another day, done with my hissy fit for the night. Hope everyone is enjoying the week!! On the bright side, school starts in 4 days!!!! Happy Happy Joy Joy

Tami
Old 08-18-2006, 10:50 AM   #14  

Just checking in. It's been one month at Curves, so I had my weigh in and measurments checked. I lost 3 pounds and 3.75 inches. I thought I would do better but I'll take any loss I can get. Next month I want to do better. My goal is to do better at each weigh in.

TamiL- Sorry to hear your new job has been soooo stressful. It gives me a new appreciation for people who are in your line of work.

CJ- glad to see you have returned. We miss you when your gone!

PiratePrincess- Glad to see we have a new member. Feel free to join in.

Sharon- Did you have a good trip? Hope you were able to rest and relax.

Kim- I think you will keep CJ on her toes. I bet she won't miss starting the next thread!

Well, got to get ready to head to the beach. We own a condo there and I'm on the board of trustees so I need to attend meetings there each month. This months meeting should be a hot one! There are a lot of owners who are upset about the budget.
Ladies keep on track .Let's all work on moving the tracker down a pound or two.
Janicej
Old 08-18-2006, 07:37 PM   #15  
banned

Woo hoo congratulations Janicej on your loss!!! Any loss is waaay better than a gain!!! I'm down to 156 this week, its getting slower but its still going down. Got my fat butt in my size 10 jeans this week. They are tight but they zip!!!

Well day 5 went much better than day 4. Today we took our week 1 evaluation and I think I did ok. Won't know until next week. Then they posted out September schedules and mine is waaay wrong. They have me working the 2 to 11 shift and I am only part time 7 to 11, so I guess I will have to holler and moan next week when I find my supervisor. No way am I working full time after training. I have little ones who still need me and once you go full time its impossible to just work part time, LOL

Well have fun at the beach Janicej!!! Sounds like lots of fun. Gotta run.

Tami
Closed Thread