Old 08-14-2006, 09:04 AM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Weekly Chat Aug 14-20/06

Good Morning

Back to it today...its been a chocolate weekend.

Have a great day ladies!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:35 AM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi Robin, I am back to program for 3 days now. Yeah. I have lost 3 of the 4 lbs. that had crept back on. I am off to PT now. Hope everyone has a great day.

Gotta brag for a minute. My son had been away at Camp Cook, Louisiana for specialized military training. He made the comandants list and was immediately promoted from E4 to E5. I think this makes him a staff sergeant now. He is only 20 yrs. old. I am so proud of him. He never applied himself well in school, but does excellent with his classes in the military. I had heard from older, wiser parents that sometimes a child just doesn't seem to try hard or fit in with regular classroom work and then will excell when learning things that he really enjoys. For Shane this has been the case.
My DD otoh makes excellent grades in school and has been in the gifted program since 2nd grade. She isn't at all atheletic. Her dear brother excels at anything sports related. Sorry to brag on my kids, I just love them both so dearly.

Last edited by lilybelle; 08-14-2006 at 09:47 AM.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 211/162/135

Height: 5'3"

Guess Who's Back? Miss me?

San Diego was great fun. It's my home town, haven't been there in over a year. I'm planning on moving me and the kids back there by the end of the year.

Did tons of sight seeing and walking. Kept on program as much as possible. Weighed myself this morning and I've lost 2 lbs. LOL yay!

Oh, and Lilybelle, we wouldn't be mommies if we didn't brag about our kids.

Happy Monday all!

- Jux
Juxtapose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:07 AM   #4  

Happy Monday Everyone....welcome back Jux!

I ate myself through a weekend...raspberry pie, ice cream, I had to throw a perfectly good pie away or I would have eaten it all!

I spent the weekend in New York, the airline travel was okay, not the wait that I expected....this coming weekend is our cabin trip to Lake Superior! Can't wait! Gotta love the summer!

Highest weight 209#
Today's weight 159#
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 12:50 PM   #5  
Under construction

Hi everyone!

I am putting myself on the three-day fat fast because somehow I knocked myself out of ketosis. I don't know how that happened, unless it was the Atkins bars; I should have know better than to eat them when I'm in Induction, darn it. Anyway, I'm tired of things not moving, so I'ma try this. Wish me luck, please!
tipsygypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 01:24 PM   #6  
lilybelle

Welcome back Jux, glad you enjoyed yourself.
IP, I'm back on program too after a couple of bad days. Good luck to you ,too.
Tipsy, good luck with the fat fast. I went on the 2 days egg fast twice. The first time I lost 4 lbs. and kept it off. The second time, I didn't lose anything. I haven't ever tried the fat fast. Let us know how it works for you. If I don't quit eating, I may need it soon.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:26 PM   #7  

Deleted

Last edited by annieway2lose; 04-17-2017 at 06:30 PM.
annieway2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:42 PM   #8  
Under construction

Hi Annie,

I know the bars say it's okay to have them on Induction, and for some, it is. But they do stall some people, and I'm beginning to think that I'm one of them. The only way to really tell is to try; if you find that your weight loss stops, I would suggest waiting until you're out of Induction to eat them. Everyone's different. I will say, though, that it's generally best to eat unprocessed, whole foods--but I know that's not always possible with our schedules. Good luck!
Old 08-14-2006, 07:47 PM   #9  
lilybelle

In the area where I live, I have not seen Atkins bars. I use the Q-smart bars from Wal-mart occasionally with 3 net carbs. I haven't had any problem with them stalling my weight loss. They aren't fantastic tasting, I have to say. But will do for a quick breakfast with coffee, when I'm in a hurry.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:41 PM   #10  
Under construction

Hmmm. Well, day one of the fat fast is over, and I'm about to head for bed. So far I've been impressed with how satisfying 1000 calories can be, broken up into snacks that way. I think I may well have to adopt the practice of nibbling five or six times a day, rather than having meals. It seemed like every time I turned around it was time to eat again, and now I'm very comfortable.

(Not that I would do the same foods long-term, though. Yikes, the fat!)

Anyone else ever tried this? What did you think?
Old 08-14-2006, 11:11 PM   #11  

Deleted

Last edited by annieway2lose; 04-17-2017 at 06:31 PM.
annieway2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:12 AM   #12  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning

Annie ...Hi and I cant use the atkins bars at all, they stall me out for about 4 days. The reason I had trouble with my strips was because they were expired....worked great for a while, but then nothing at all, even when I had "camel breath"

Im having a really tough time with my eating. *insert a huge sigh* I need a good swift kick!

Dh and I have been busy with things with the business, I joined a women's networking group...so I need to smarten up...I DO NOT want to be the "fat" one! *insert another big sigh*

Alright, Im off to make some eggs for breakfast...have a great day ladies.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:21 AM   #13  
Under construction

Camel breath!?!?

Ugh...I just realized that a 200-calorie "snack" isn't enough for me to have in my stomach before I take my lupus meds. NAUSEA!!! I may have to work out something different for tomorrow.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:49 AM   #14  
lilybelle

Hi everyone. I've had the "camel breath" this week too. But, I did lose those 4 lbs. that I had put on. Since I had been having 40 carbs on maintenance, I dropped back to 20 or less since Saturday and it came back off. Yeah. Now I don't need to change my ticker. I am being very careful of what I eat again. That really bites when the scale goes up and is so scary. I could just see myself putting the weight back on , with no exercise yet and eating so bad. I am glad that I'm back under control again.
I have to go car shopping with my son and his GF today. That should be fun in 100 degree weather. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:11 PM   #15  

Lillybelle- car shopping in the heat does not sound like fun, but think of the pounds that are melting off!

I am down 2#, but have not been watching carbs, just eating less. I feel more full with a LC plan but the weight doesn't come off. I am only 7 pounds from goal and it is very hard, I've been struggling with the same 2# for months! Today I ate some Special K with red berries, man was that great...I miss cereal!

It's a daily battle to find what will work for each of us.

Annie- I couldn't eat the Atkin's bars and after a few I didn't want to, they tasted like cardboard after awhile. They stalled my loss.

Take care all and Happy Tuesday, (I thought it was Wed. until a few hours ago)
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote