South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 06:01 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Terrific Tuesday Cackling - August 15

There's a lovely sunrise about to happen so join me on the deck for morning chatter and caffeine of choice. I have a list as long as Hershey's tail to get done this morning before 9 but feel free to linger.

Gotta dash. The Girls are whining and I don't need a puddle on my kitchen floor this morning!
Old 08-15-2006, 06:31 AM   #2  

Morning gals!!

Quick drive by as I didn't want to get out of bed this morning and now I am running a bit behind.

Have a super day!!
Old 08-15-2006, 07:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 238.4/231.6/215/199/140

Height: 5'4"

Happy Tuesday All! Enjoy the day! Lot's to do! Coffee is ready and I gotta scoot...
Old 08-15-2006, 07:35 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Whoooooossssshhhhhh! Busy Beachers this morning!
Old 08-15-2006, 08:21 AM   #5  

Same here.... A quick Hi... and will be back later in the day!
Old 08-15-2006, 09:06 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

I hope you guys got everything done! This is my slow morning. I got to sleep in a bit. (I'll still be working at 8:00 tonight). It felt great to just wake up whenever. I think I ate something off plan yesterday though..I haven't been sleeping that long in a while. Today I'm off to the pool to see about swimming. Other than taht a normal day. Hope you all have a good one!!
Old 08-15-2006, 09:14 AM   #7  
beachbum

Good Morning Beachers

Going to make this short post to let you know that I'm going to be MIA for a while. I fell getting out of the tub and I'm brused up from my shoulder blade down to my rump. I can't sit that long. Going to rest my weiry body,for a while.

Hope to be back to you guys soon.

Hugs BB
Old 08-15-2006, 09:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Good mornin' ya'll

Had a few moments so I thought I'd say hi

Our passwords to access the internet will be effective in the next week or so, lovely!!!!

so, how is everyone doing? I've been ok, have a test tonight and I think I"ve studied to the point that nothing else will fit in, But I've got my text here with me, so I plan to look it over again at lunch.

Is there anyone here in the medical administrative field? I've been debating on changing careers and this seems interesting to me, but I the counselors at school didn't give me much info other than the requirements, so I'm enlisting your help, any information would be great....mainly is it a satisifying career? that type of thing. I'm currently debating on going into human resources or the medical admin. Decisions, decisions

Been op for the most part lately, had a slip up last night. but I was soo stressed over this test and I am definitely an emotional eater. So, chalk it up to another learning experience, theres always today. I've brought a gorgeous salad today for lunch and I have packed my snacks for class tonight so I am well prepared today!!!

Ooops better go, ya'll have a wonderful day

Take care
Old 08-15-2006, 10:10 AM   #9  

I did manage to make it to the gym for a long bike ride yesterday. I wasn't sure for awhile as we had emergency maintenance but a teammate handled it. We're also going to split up this weekend's work so I'll do Friday night and he'll handle Sunday morning. Yeah! I hate doing both.

Tonight is a holy day of obligation so we'll be picking up Brian early from afterschool care to go to church. I'm planning on fixing eggplant parmesan this afternoon (if work allows) and then I can just fix some pasta and heat it up after church. I've got leftover Braised Kale and Black beans from last night's dinner so I'm going to have a wonderful lunch today.

The fourth grade teacher's are allowing the kids to bring a healthy, nonmessy snack so they'll have energy to make it until lunch. I guess they are eating at 12:20. Brian probably could make it since he eats a good breakfast but I'm letting him bring cheese or peanut butter crackers or grapes. I'm so glad they said no cookies or cheetos. Kids eat too much junk.

He had a good first day of school. There was only one other fourth grader in the afterschool program so that was disappointing but a lot of kids were picked up by parents yesterday so we'll really see who is there today. They DID ask him if he had any homework (which is encouraging) and had lots of games and Legos and stuff since they couldn't go outside to play (it was 102).

beach bun - I hope you're okay. Take it easy.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:26 AM   #10  

Hi, Barb!
Eric's school doesn't allow any sweet or salty snacks. Eileen's school not only allows these thigs; they have candy sales at school every other week for the 7/8th graders to raise money for a trip to DC at the end of the year! And last year she had a teacher who used candy as a reward. ("Smarties for the smart") even after I complained to her. We finally started letting her take some money to school on those days because she always came home with candy anyway since other kids would lend her money or buy things for her.

So only 3 more weeks till we start getting the "it's not fair! how come she gets to take a granola bar and I don't!" morning whine.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:36 AM   #11  
In Pursuit

S/C/G: 225 / 209 / 180

Height: 5' 4"

Default Hi from Houston

I'm new to this board starting today!

I've been on WW a few years ago but life happened and most of it came back. Due to my DH's health (okay, and mine too), we're determined to eat more healthy. My MIL suggested SBD, so I bought the book at my second hand bookstore for $1.29 and checked it out. I like the fact that the suggestions are balanced and not too extreme. I think that's one reason WW became a burn-out - I kept eating just the same things over and over.

In the mean time, my goal this year has been to cook more at home and have been somewhat successful. In the last couple of months even that's gotten pushed aside more than should be.

The hardest thing for me is exercising in this heat! By the time I get home from work on the bus and run an errand or two, I'm totally washed out.

Habits I still have from my WW days:
I drink 20 oz of water every morning before I allow myself any caffenine.
I take a vitamin every day.

Hope everyones day comes to a peaceful end. I'll try to stop in daily (at least that's the current plan).
Old 08-15-2006, 10:54 AM   #12  

Hi everyone...

Yes, I am still around...still on SBD and still losing! No, it isn't as dramatic as it once was but it is slow and steady. I guess the diabetes and high blood pressure diagnoses finally scared me into sticking with it. I haven't been perfect, but I have recovered quickly from the rare times I have chosen in advance to have something not OP.

Still working a lot, many social committments. People are shocked at my schedule but quite honestly I just like to live life to the fullest! And I do read your posts here and find inspiration and community. Thank you all!

Other news: we found an abandoned puppy that some Maltepoo breeder apparently dumped because she will need serious dental work. Can you believe that someone would do that to this adorable little dog? Of course, when we found her she was covered with mud, bugs and matted hair so she didn't look quite like this!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 07_30_06_puppy.jpg (25.5 KB, 20 views)
Old 08-15-2006, 11:20 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Socal - what a cute puppy!! Glad you guys are taking care of her. I can't imagine a BREADER dumping a puppy!! How horrible!

pampgal - slow and steady is the way to go...even if it is frustrating at time (that may be just me talking).

Barb - glad the school allows HEALTHY snacks! my nephew is still being bribed to behave well with m&m's in school. SIL has complained about it and was met with "you're not the professional here" type attitudes. nice....

beach bum - I hope you feel better soon!!! I've done it before and threw my neck out big time!! Take care of yourself - ICE no heat - ICE.

Just came back from my walk - am late for getting ready for work and just realized that I haven't made anything for lunch or dinner. Darn!! Gotta go!!
Old 08-15-2006, 11:30 AM   #14  

Hi everyone!
I left a new thread..but i thought I would say hi here as well..time to check in here as apart of my morning routine....! So HI!
Hope everyone has a great day!
-chels
Old 08-15-2006, 11:53 AM   #15  

rebel - They tightened up the rules last year about food but they do still allow you to bring in something like cupcakes for a birthday. They just don't allow the kids to eat it until after lunch. This morning snack seems geared toward not just healthy but also something they can eat while working.

Welcome, pampgal! Make sure you check out the food lists in the Frequently Asked Question forum. Your book probably has outdated lists and quite a few things are now allowed that once were. If I don't exercise in the gym then it doesn't happen this time of year. It is just TOO hot here too.

socalbirdlady - It's horrible that people just dump animals. We see a lot like that at the animal shelter where Brian and I volunteer.

Welcome, angelshine! The more, the merrier!
Closed Thread