Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-12-2006, 12:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Exclamation my pledge

Last night I promised myself once again that I wouldn't binge anymore. I feel beautiful and slim tonight...because I didn't overeat...and I got white tips on my toenails.

I know that my boyfriend is bringing home chips & pop...and possibly caramel popcorn (my favorite). Wish me luck in being strong!

If I don't go overboard tonight, I promise that I will get my nails done next weekend (if not Sun).

I want to kick this, for the sake of my little sisters...I want to be able to help them w/their body issues. And for the sake of my neice...I never want her to lose her confidence and delight in herself, and I never want her to feel the despair and self-hatred that I have felt.

I'm so glad I have somewhere that I can spill everything. Thank you!!
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 07:29 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/165/120

Height: 5'2"

Good luck! And it looks like you're doing an amazing job.
AmberKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:49 AM   #3  

Wow, you are doing amazing! Got any tips on how to stick with it? I seem to fail a lot =(
chelsea008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 01:41 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Penelope, I hope the evening went well for you. Keep it up!!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:09 AM   #5  

Talking

aw, thanks, you guys! Your messages really made my day better...I haven't checked my mail in awhile, so I didn't think anyone had actually replied

I'm actually trying to find the time/organizational skills to put together a kind of advice page/booklet/something that contains all the indispensable advice that helped me lose the weight. I'll post an update if it ever happens!

Update: I didn't snack a bit that night, and I think it's been 2 or 3 days since my last binge. I'm really focusing on making myself feel good w/out food...I'm going shopping at the mall tomorrow (I can feel another wardrobe overhaul coming, I want my style to reflect how grown-up I feel) and next Sat, I'm getting my nails done.

I got into the unhealthy frame of mind that I had to be hungry, and deny myself EVERYTHING in order to not hate myself. I think that is what brought on the binges. Now I'm focusing more on 90% healthy food and satisfying my hunger. Plus, the more active I've been getting, the more I've noticed that I feel better about myself, which results in positive changes. Now that I've lost the weight, I need to work on rebuilding myself into the confident, succesful person I know is waiting to be let out.

Good luck to everyone!
Old 08-16-2006, 10:50 AM   #6  

Penelope, you're so smart! It sounds like you've really figured out what's right for you. I think that making sure you're never hungry is a real key (for some of us) to not binging.

And yes, we'd love to read your advice when you get it written out... thank you!

I hear you re: working on organizational skills. That's my aim for this fall when my kids go back to school. I'm constantly putting other people's needs ahead of mine, and I've got to live my life for me! When a friend calls and wants to go for a coffee, there's nothing wrong with me saying, "Sorry, I'm just heading out to the gym for my workout, but I can meet you tomorrow/later/next week."
I need a schedule!!
Good luck with yours, hon. Stick to it... you're worth it!
Old 08-16-2006, 12:05 PM   #7  

Red face

ellis,
thank you!

It's been so long since I could actually say my schedule makes any sense. I work two jobs and I'm usually running on some severe sleep deprivation. Last night I think I got 6 hrs, tops. Oh well!

I just had a thought when I was reading your post...would you like to be accountability buddies? We can share what we did right each day/what went wrong and trade tips and support...let me know!

take care, and I hope your day goes well!
Old 08-16-2006, 12:08 PM   #8  

Penelope, I would love to that! PM me and let me know if you want to do it online (we can start a separate thread) or via PM. What a great idea!
Old 08-16-2006, 12:37 PM   #9  

Lightbulb

Well, we can chat on Yahoo or MSN msnger, if u have them, and if one of us can't make it online that day, we can just send an email. do u think that would work 4 u?
Old 08-16-2006, 12:46 PM   #10  

I'll email you, Penelope. And I've removed your address so it doesn't get picked up by spammers.
Old 08-16-2006, 11:54 PM   #11  

ohhhh...........lol

thanks!
Old 08-23-2006, 02:22 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 88.3/82.30/70 kilos

Height: 160cm

Quite seriously, i'm a fan of the 'no fail' environment. I would die if my housemate bought home bags of junk food! I am envious that you are doing so well.
ms.cate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:18 AM   #13  

ms. cate,
thank you! I guess it has helped me develop stronger willpower, but sometimes I cave and it would definately help if the junk just weren't there.