Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2001, 08:20 AM   #1  
A princess in the making!

Talking @~>~>~ Week of Dec. 9th @~>~>~

Hello Everyone!
Just thought I would get us going. I personally have not done well at all. I have gained back everything I lost this past year.

I am planning on starting fresh in Jan. Getting my kitchen WW friendly and looking for quick easy low point recipes that work with my crazy life.

I hope all is well with everyone. I am off to get ready for church. See you later today.
Old 12-09-2001, 09:03 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Good Morning Everyone!! Man, I'm tired...the old man called me at 8:37 this AM to tell me we could come see the house at 11:00!! I was not functioning, so I did not pick up, I called him back. Getting some caffeine in me now.

Going to plan some meals later today and write Christmas cards. Have to go to work at some point...DH is going to help me get some of my files in order.

Pryia- Nice to see you, sounds like we're in the same boat. Good luck getting back in to the right mode!

Jul- Good for you getting back to church. I really wish we could find somewhere to live closer to the church I grew up going to. I think I'm going to go to the Christmas Cantata tonight though. DH has a fireman's dinner tonight...one for just the guys, so I may go.

Have a great day all!
Old 12-09-2001, 11:35 AM   #3  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello All!!!!!

It is good to feel great again!!!!I am worried cuz the morning sickness has stopped, my energy is back up and I feel like running around non stop after being blah for the last 11 weeks!!!!(not complaining!!! )

Legal--Jim Brickman has a new CD...Saw it yesterday and thought of U!!!!!

Tech--Too many allergies in this house also with the real trees!!!I bought the neatest 10 foot skinny tree!!!!!It is beautiful and takes up hardly any room!!!I have just enough room with the beams on the ceiling to put the angel on top!!!

Lauren-It amazes me to see the price of rent!!Our house note for both houses are less than rent over there...

Pryia- U R the early bird this morning!!!I guess BFB is studying!!!!

Have a great Sunday!!!
Vicki
Old 12-09-2001, 12:13 PM   #4  
Pink Thingy

Angry

Hi all

Got up this morning and decided to do some study. Have to do it in the bedroom, otherwise the PC calls and I mess about on this site. Glad everyone seems to be doing okay.

Pryia - I'm with you! Lost weight this year, and then gained it back with reinforcements. I need to stop messing around and I am determined that the New Year will bring a new me.

Take care everyone and I am still around - just lurking more than usual
Old 12-09-2001, 01:35 PM   #5  

HI ALL!

Nice to see all the posts. ~ So many of us are struggling at this holiday time with our weight loss efforts - me included. Too much good stuff around. I'm sure it helps some to keep checking in here.

Lauren - good luck on all of your projects! ~ Saturday nights are great nights to watch a Christmas movie (I have quite a selection ) - last night I watched A Christmas Carol.

Tech - it so tough to stay motivated, especially now. Hang in there. ~ And yes, I do love Christmas! ~ It was me who asked about the sewing. I want to learn how to quilt. I've taken one class so far.

I made a WW mushroom barley soup recipe this week that we liked. Only 2 pts / serving it said.

RR - I like skinny trees - they are kind of traditional looking.

Gotta run - today is supposed to be baking day.

RABBIT
Old 12-09-2001, 01:52 PM   #6  

Forgot to update my mileage. I'm at 876.765 miles. Last year was 879.83 and the year before, 623.93 - so I'm moving right along.

Will update food log later if I get a chance!

RABBIT
Old 12-09-2001, 10:30 PM   #7  

Church was good this morning and people remembered us!! Several noticed that I was thinner than I was before (yeah!!!)

O.K. who has tried Bocca Burgers??? Is the regular one any better than the grilled veggie one?? My husband actually came home with the veggie ones today he said "Hey, Michael Feldman is always giving these away on "What Do You Know" and I thought we should try them". After the first bite I told him..."This is why the company has plenty of them for Michael Feldman to give away!! Yuck!!" Therefore...I was really hungry for a good old fashioned greasy burger. Went out and got one for dinner.

Getting up at 4 in the morning. Have to drive DH to the hospital in Springfield for outpatient procedures. a friend is going to come over and stay with the boys so I don't have to wake them up that early.

Is everyone ready to make some New Year Health Goals?????
Think I'll start a thread for that. - jul
Old 12-10-2001, 07:10 AM   #8  

Default Great idea Jul

Hey I like the idea. I will post mine later. I was thinking does anyone care if I use my mod duties and make it stick to the top. That way we see it all the time, and it does not get lost in the shuffle and come June we are not wondering about them. I thought the same for the Bios so people can learn more about each other. I decided to just do it, I can undo it if noone wants it up there. So if you want it to move let me know.

Gotta get ready for the torture. Okay so it really isn't but I thought I would make someone smile.

Jul-Hope DH is okay. Let us know how he is doing.

P

Last edited by Pryia; 12-10-2001 at 08:43 AM.
Old 12-10-2001, 09:40 AM   #9  
LBH

Hi All,

Well, we saw the little house...let me stress little!! I think it probably about the same size as our apartment, except the bedrooms are smaller!! The MBR is 14'x10'9", we wouldn't even be able to fit our bed in there. They had a queen size bed, chest of drawers and dresser w/mirror in there. We have a king size bed and that would not even fit...well, it would, but we wouldn't be able to open the closet. I saw lots of potential in it, because the living room was fairly large, took up the better part of the house, but DH didn't! It was just too small and rustic. I will have to call the guy tonight and tell him we've decided it's too small. DH said he'd rather just pay the $75. to extend our lease 1-11 months. This way we can look at our lesiure and find something that's right for us. He's also canned the FHA idea for now. He wants to save a little first. He needs to realize that in order to save anything, he's gotta do the consumer credit counseling thing so he's not paying ~20% interest!! UGH...it's a viscious cycle!!

Pryia- I don't mind the stickies! It does make it easier, especially for the profiles. I have an idea though...and I don't want to sound mean, or snotty or anything, but there are a could profiles from people who do not post on this thread. I don't know if they did it by mistake, like they thought they were on the WW 30's thread, or what, but maybe we could clean that up, so it's just the people that post here? What do you think?

Jul- Glad church was good. I didn't get to go to the Cantata, but my mom said it was wonderful. It's a huge church, and they have fantastic music. I've had boca burgers, and they're OK, but I like the Morning Star Farms burgers better. There's nothing like a nice juicy real burger, but as a substitute, they're OK. I've had the Tomato Basil and the Grillers. Think I liked the Grillers better. DH thought it was OK, but he's a man, and he loves burgers, so it was not a good substitute for him.

RR- Glad you're feeling better!

Rabbit- WOW that's a lot of miles!! Good for you!!

Have a great day all!!
Old 12-10-2001, 09:42 AM   #10  
Out there trying

S/C/G: 185/127/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Good Monday Morning.....

Hi Everyone!

Hope you all had a great weekend. Has everyone gotten their holiday shopping done. I think I'm finished and I've been wrapping as I buy so I'm in good shape. I think I'm going to do my baking later this week so wish me luck to get it all packaged before I eat too much. I had a pretty good weekend and even enjoyed a hamburger and fries at the hockey game Saturday night (New York vs. Toronto - we won yay!) I think I managed to only go over a couple of points and it was really good!! We'll find out the truth tomorrow morning when I do my weekly weigh in. So far December hasn't caused too much damage but I know the worst is yet to come.

Jul - I've only tried the regualr Boca Burgers and I thought they were pretty good but also a bit pricey so I don't eat them regularily. I find if you put the regular ones on a bun with some mustard etc. then they're quite good and really low point if I remember correctly.

Rabbit - I'm not a Christmas movie buff but two of my favourites are A White Christmas (love it!!) and A Christmas Story (so cute and really funny! - great for the kids.) That soup sounds good - got a recipe?

BFB - nice to hear from you and we can all start making our plans for the new year - it's never too late!!

RR - glad you're feeling better.

Lauren - did you ever look at that house?

Off to do some work,
Elisa
Old 12-10-2001, 10:18 AM   #11  

Default Done

LBH: I cleaned it up.

But hey 30's you need to get your BIO's DONE!!
Old 12-10-2001, 11:32 AM   #12  

My goodness 4 a.m. was early!!! I think I'm totally wiped out for the day. Came home after dropping him off and waiting for the call that he is in recovery then I'll go back up (with boys this time). I'm so glad my friend came over to stay with them and that I didn't have to get them up that early.

Pryia: good idea, thanks.
I know it will help me to refer to it every now and then to keep reminding me of my goals.

- jul
Old 12-10-2001, 01:22 PM   #13  
LBH

Hi All,

I've decided I need to start logging my food again, since I'm on this get it together plan! I think I'll start a thread for my own that will go Sunday to Saturday, since I've been weighing in on Sundays. I forgot to WI this Sunday, which is probably for the best, will sneak a peek tomorrow AM and see what the damage is.

Went to Costco at lunch today, thinking it was a good time to go...WRONG!! I stood in line for like 20 minutes!! I had to get the chocolate chips that they sell there, because there's a recipe for Oatmeal Choc. Chip cookies on there that is out of this world! I have to make some for our Holiday party at work here Thursday.

Hope everyone's having a good day!
Old 12-10-2001, 04:55 PM   #14  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Evening!!!Got back from the health club feeling great~~
I did just the treadmill and the bike(my belly is starting to get hit by my knee on the recumbant bike soo I get tired of that quickly )

Elisa--Go Maple Leafs!!!!I have to cheer for the Redwings when Toronto plays them but I am free to cheer for the Maple Leafs every other time!!!!!

Pryia---I updated my -profile!!!!It was funny to read "that I was trying to conceive" back in Sept!!!!!

Lauren--What is a funny bone??????I read your food thingee and was curious!!I am with DH about the house being too small!!!He really needs to see the consumer credit..Anything to lower that interest!

Have a great evening all!!!
RR
Old 12-10-2001, 05:32 PM   #15  
LBH

RR- funny bones are peanut butter filled choc cake w/choc. icing thingys...like yodels, but w/PB and shaped a little different.

I'm off to the gym!
Closed Thread